Ratings for Dr. Joanne Cohen

Great Dr. I've been under her care for 20 years. Never failed. Most times I have to wait a bit.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2018

Dr. Cohen is severely emotionally disconnected. She has a skeptical attitude and does not make you feel comfortable to confide in her. I find her overall energy to be judgmental and contrite. Thankfully I recently switched to another Dr on that same doctors office. During my first appointment I felt so much more relaxed and left thinking I myself, “why didn’t I leave Dr. Cohen’s care sooner!”. I would NOT recommend Dr. Cohen. She won’t listen or make you feel comfortable. She’s a cold woman with little to no emotional intelligence. If you already go to that Doctors office I highly recommend Dr. Nannar- he is amazing. Very approachable, sensitive, caring and he listens. What a breath of fresh air.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2018

The wait times are horrible. I wait for more than an hour each time I make an appointment-if you’re lucky enough to get an appointment. She charges you a ridiculous amount for just about everything. Staff are rude and they talk bad about patients. I heard them once before. I am no longer a patient here for these reasons and many more.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

Dr. Cohen is an amazing doctor that does thorough, thoughtful research and takes the time to understand what is ailing you and recommend the best coarse of action.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

A very thorough and caring physician. I would trust here with my life, as well as the lives of the members of my family. In fact I have. I don't know what the previous two reviewers are talking about.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

Always 2 steps out the door. Does not take the time to listen and "hear" your issues. Throws a pill at it and blood tests for good measure and then hedges for the door.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

Dr. Cohen has misdiagnosed my family member and I on several occasions just by not being thorough enough (x-rays, bloodwork, missed vaccinations) and listening to us. A misdiagnosed broken wrist that required resetting and screws months later, a shingles vaccination given too late in addition to undiagnosed tuberculosis and delayed diagnosis of a type of cancer that could've been found with a blood test that had been requested a year prior. We have had complications and had to get second opinions via going to see a walk in clinic doctor, and then we're scolded by clinic staff for going elsewhere whenever we return to St.Clair Medical for followup with the appropriate diagnosis. Additionally, we have experienced prescription withholding until a VISA has been called into the office several times, but usually this is due to not having received enough refills for a daily required medication and no appointment availability to renew such refills in person. We have since gone elsewhere.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

Very knowledgable and thorough. With Dr Cohen you are in good hands.Who cares if you have to wait a couple of months for a physical...its normal!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

The best Dr I have ever had knowledge, sensitivity, patient and complete. Takes her time to cover everything for you all aspects of health including mental stability. Does not take NO for an answer with getting you in to see the best specialist that you need. I am so blessed to have her as my doctor

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

Dr. Cohen does try her best. Family medicine can be complicated and onerous, adminstratively. I do appreciate her commitment to her patients, given the boundary of our health care system.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014