Ratings for Dr. Joanne Cohen

A very thorough and caring physician. I would trust here with my life, as well as the lives of the members of my family. In fact I have. I don't know what the previous two reviewers are talking about.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

Always 2 steps out the door. Does not take the time to listen and "hear" your issues. Throws a pill at it and blood tests for good measure and then hedges for the door.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

Dr. Cohen has misdiagnosed my family member and I on several occasions just by not being thorough enough (x-rays, bloodwork, missed vaccinations) and listening to us. A misdiagnosed broken wrist that required resetting and screws months later, a shingles vaccination given too late in addition to undiagnosed tuberculosis and delayed diagnosis of a type of cancer that could've been found with a blood test that had been requested a year prior. We have had complications and had to get second opinions via going to see a walk in clinic doctor, and then we're scolded by clinic staff for going elsewhere whenever we return to St.Clair Medical for followup with the appropriate diagnosis. Additionally, we have experienced prescription withholding until a VISA has been called into the office several times, but usually this is due to not having received enough refills for a daily required medication and no appointment availability to renew such refills in person. We have since gone elsewhere.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

Very knowledgable and thorough. With Dr Cohen you are in good hands.Who cares if you have to wait a couple of months for a physical...its normal!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

The best Dr I have ever had knowledge, sensitivity, patient and complete. Takes her time to cover everything for you all aspects of health including mental stability. Does not take NO for an answer with getting you in to see the best specialist that you need. I am so blessed to have her as my doctor

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

Dr. Cohen does try her best. Family medicine can be complicated and onerous, adminstratively. I do appreciate her commitment to her patients, given the boundary of our health care system.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014

Great Family doctor!! It's hard to get an appointment as Dr.Cohen is very busy, but once you have your appointment she is very thorough and takes her time.She has a large data base of specialists that are top of the line. I hope she never retires as I would be lost. If your looking for a great doctor....She's the one!!!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2012

Dr. Cohen is by far the best family doctor we've ever had. Not only is she caring and punctual, she never rushes you and listens patiently to all your concerns. She even follows through on her patient's progress with a phone call after hours! My 5 yr old son loves going to see Dr. Cohen and even after his last vaccine shot with abit of crying, he says he still likes going :-), now that's a good testimonial!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2011

I am sorry, but she is not up to scratch and I have moved as I do not feel that she is as good as she once was

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011

My family is blessed to have someone like Dr. Cohen. She is one of the most thorough doctors that I have ever met. Because of her, my cancer was diagnosed and treated long before most people. To those who complained about her ‘punctuality’ I say it’s hard to really care about your patients and give them the extra time that she so often does and be ‘punctual’. Priorities people…please! Great job Dr. Cohen and thank you!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2010