Ratings for Dr. Anil Kumar

Dr Kumar is very compassionate and understands things that other doctors do not, and to be able to help me as he has, I think he is brilliant, because my condition was hopeless until I went to him, thank you Dr Kumar, with all my heart, Susan Willett

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

I am a patient at pain management. A very blessed patient. This office (and I say office because it is a team effort here ) has gave me back freedom to enjoy life again. The procedures I have have given me the ability to walk with far less pain I had previous. Dr Kumar has developed a plan for me. He has been nothing but professional. I have the utmost respect for him. We sat down and had an in depth meeting and he explained how he was going to treat my particular condition. He was thorough. My husband and I sat and listened and decided to leave Boston hospital to be closer to home. This practice has superseded my expectations. I have left a rating for Dr Mousad also but since this is for Dr Kumar I'll try to stick to Dr Kumar. (Although Dr Mousad,Dr Layuug, all P A s , front desk, nurses, and med assistants, are all five stars) Dr Kumar has been a vital part of my life. He has truly made this journey an easier one. Thank you

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

Dr. Anil Kumar's response
Thank you for the very kind words! Your success is our success! Best of luck in your journey towards pain-free living.

Submitted April 18, 2017

This place has cut my pain meds down too much. Been in chronic pain for.9 yrs and not a kid. All they want to do is give.injectiond and a few pain meds.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Dr. Anil Kumar's response
We are focused on treating most acute and chronic pain conditions in a SAFE and effective manner. If you any further questions, please contact Dr. Kumar at his office to resolve any concerns.

Submitted March 28, 2017

Office staff is beyond rude! And they try to double bill you for appointments as well as claim you never paid to get you to pay again!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

Dr. Anil Kumar's response
Our office staff is trained to be polite to all of our patients at the time of office visit. Any questions in regards to billing should be addressed to our billing service and we will respond appropriately. Double billing is NEVER done in our office. We have two separate facilities (Advanced Pain Management and Northeast Ambulatory Center) which must be billed independently. If you any further questions, please contact Dr. Kumar at his office to resolve any concerns.

Submitted March 28, 2017

horrible customer service, all the ladies they are super rude. Not sure how they are running the show. I'm done with this place.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Dr. Anil Kumar's response
Our office staff is trained to be polite to all of our patients at the time of office visit. If you any specific questions, please contact Dr. Kumar at his office to resolve any concerns.

Submitted March 28, 2017

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE. THEY HAVE MORE NURSE PRACTITIONERS AND DOCTORS LEAVE THAN CUSTOMERS AT THE TURNSTILE AT WALMART. ALL THEY ARE INTERESTED IN IS SHOOTING YOU UP WITH STEROIDS. THE WAIT IS AT LEAST 2 HOURS. NICE FOR PEOPLE SUFFERING IN PAIN.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2016

Dr. Anil Kumar's response
We are focused on treating most acute and chronic pain conditions in a SAFE and effective manner, and that does NOT include "shooting you up with steroids". If you any specific questions, please contact Dr. Kumar at his office to resolve any concerns.

Submitted March 28, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr.Kumar for many years, and I have nothing but the best to say about this practice. Everyone from the front desk, Doctors, medical assistants and providers are very pleasant. This practice does get little busy at times but like every other place they try to work with you. Everyone like to comment negative things but when you need help in certain things, like changing your day or need a last minute refills they do everything to make it happen. I have needed my prescription filled many times and pharmacy wouldn't fill it without insurance authorization and they never turned me down. I think that both physicians Dr. Kumar and Dr. Mousad are extremely high educated and I have never had bad experience with any of them

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

Dr. Anil Kumar's response
Thank you for your kind words. We are aware at times we are very busy but we make every effort to accommodate to our valued patients. Best of luck in your journey towards living pain free.

Submitted March 28, 2017

This is only a money making office.. Anil Kumar is the rudest and most unprofessional I've ever met.. and his sidekick Pam is just as rude and Kurt .. Not to mention one of his MA's is probably the most racist and affending person I've met in a so called business environment. Anil Kumar practice is not somewhere you would like to be seen.. I advise you NOT TO GO...

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

Dr. Anil Kumar's response
Dr. Kumar and his office staff is trained to be polite to all of our patients at the time of office visit. We don't have "sidekicks". If you any further concerns, please contact Dr. Kumar personally at his office so we may resolve them in a civilized manner.

Submitted March 28, 2017

Dr, Kumar has always been nothing but professional. The waiting room isn't filled with junkies looking for their next fix. It has patients that actually have diseases or disabilities that need support coping with real pain. Their not passing out pills like candy. Alot of patients are there getting epidural shots for back pain etc. I've read alot of bad reviews on this Dr due to the person not leaving with drugs they wanted. I think it's absolutely vile to rate a Dr poorly for not being your personal drug dealer. They aren't leaving with what they are looking for because he is professional. I've had nothing but professionalism at my appointment. I would not except less.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016

Dr. Anil Kumar's response
Thank you for your kind words. Many of our patients do not give us a good review because if we do not give them their desired narcotics, they are not satisfied or happy. This is the unfortunate nature of being in the Pain Management industry. We strive for professionalism at all times and make every effort to accommodate to our valued patients.

Submitted March 28, 2017

Stay away from this pain center! I went in to interview this doctor to see if I wanted to transfer my care to this specialist; he is no specialist in pain management ! Not only did I have to wait more than 2 1/2 hours for a morning appointment but there was no communication outlining the plan of care; I was continuously left alone while he focused on a) carrying on a discussion with the front desk regarding a patients billing issues; meanwhile he had asked me to disrobe from the waist down; no Johnny was provided; I was asked to take off my socks and walk on a dirty disgusting floor. B) when it came time to discuss my current medication regimen his only concern was that no other patient in his office was on the level of medication that I was on. So basically he didn't care about my pain level; nor did he ever ask what level my pain was at during any given point during the entire appointment. He decided to prescribe a lower strength of the medication which was far too low not the next tier down; said he would prescribe clonidine for the anxiety of the withdrawal he never wrote that prescription; on my way out the door on the counter was an invoice in which he owed over $700 to partners health which was over 90 days past due! What kind of reputable doctor or clinic has past due bills at all! I truly feel sorry for the people who are stuck going there! I went back to my original pain management Doctor; I was upset with them for being a little tough on me; I now know truly they have my best interest at heart and that I am in great hands of doctors and nurse practitioners that know how to manage chronic pain well! Many of the physicians assistant's at my current pain clinic used to work at Dr. Kumar's office. Turnover at this office is horrendous. The medical board should come in and shut this man down! I made a huge mistake in potentially seeking care with Dr. Kumar! The picture of him on his website easily had to be at least more than 10 years old. I think it's time this doctor retires! He is no specialist! If I could not select any stars below, I would! The only experienced NP was overwhelmed with patients and even though they "claim" it was due to a staff call out; patients sitting in the waiting room said it is like this all the time. If I was not so curious to interview them; I would have walked out! I would never recommend this place to treat my own worst enemy; I would not wish this practice for anyone!!

Submitted November 5, 2015

Dr. Anil Kumar's response
We are certainly aware that at times we can be busy but we make every effort to accommodate to our valued patients. We are focused on treating most acute and chronic pain conditions in a SAFE and effective manner, and sometimes that means not getting the exact treatment plan you hoped for. We encourage our patients to address their concerns to us in a CIVILIZED manner. If you any further concerns, please contact Dr. Kumar at his office to resolve them.

Dr. Anil Kumar's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Maulana Azad Med Coll, Univ Of Delhi, New Delhi, Delhi, India (Grad. 1965)

TRICARE