You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Tatiana A. Wellens-Bruschayt, DPM, PhD

I highly recommend this doctor to any of my family, friends, and anyone in need of foot pain relief. My daughter and I have been seeing her for over a year and found Dr. Wellens and her staff to be exceptionally knowledgeable, caring and committed to the safety and wellbeing of their patients. My daughter loves Dr. Wellens so much that she asked me if she could be her primary doctor. :) They have relieved the pain in our feet and we are eternally grateful. Sometimes there can be a wait but sometimes we breeze right through. I think that is just the way health care works....some patients end up needing extra time and I appreciate the doctor willing to give it to them. We wouldn't trust our feet to anyone else!!! Thank you Dr. Wellness!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

Dr. Wellens is AMAZING! She has treated me wonderfully!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

WORST MISTAKE I EVER MADE WAS GOING TO DR. WELLENS. SHE HAD A NEW "TOY" WITH THE TOPAZ COBLATION. USED IT ON BOTH MY FEET WHICH MADE THEM SO MUCH WORSE. HAD TO CRAWL ON MY KNEES AROUND THE HOUSE FOR WEEKS. SHE RECOMMENDED TWO MORE SURGERIES TO "RELIEVE MY PAIN". SHE GUARANTEED THAT I HAD TARSAL TUNNEL. UNDERWENT THAT SURGERY ALONG WITH A FASCIOTOMY OF BOTH FEET. I CAN NO LONGER WALK WITHOUT EXTREME PAIN! TOTALLY RUINED MY LIFE. SHE BASICALLY DROPPED ME AS A PATIENT AFTER ALL THE DAMAGE SHE CAUSED. LIED ABOUT THE SUCCESS OF EACH OF MY SURGERIES! PHYSICIANS TAKE AN OATH TO CAUSE NO HARM. I AM HERE TO TELL YOU SHE DOES NOT CARE! IT HAS BEEN 7 YEARS AND I AM IN SO MUCH PAIN WHEN I WALK. DO NOT HAVE ANY SURGERY FOR PLANTAR FASCITIS. RUN FROM THIS OFFICE!!!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2015

Wanted me to pay all of my surgery fees up front which totaled over $2400 with insurance! Also they recommend a surgery pack that they charge another $108 for which includes items that should be included in the pre/post op care. I switched to a different doctor and called to get my medical records. They told me I had to come in and sign a release to get my own records and then I had to wait up to 5 days. Meanwhile I have tumors in the bottom of my foot that if they get any bigger I will have permanent nerve damage! I will not recommend this doctor to anyone I do not appreciate the way she runs her practice.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

Extremely knowledgeable. Doesn't sugarcoat anything very straight up which I prefer. Staff is very kind. My only complaint would be time spent waiting for appointments.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

Awesome Doctor!!!! Looks like they schedule all patients at the same time. 9am apt. and waiting room full didn't get seen til 9:45. Not all people are retired some need to be back at work.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

The Best group to work with. I brought my mother here.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

Extremely knowledgeable and professional! Nothing but 5 stars!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

Dr. Tatiana A. Wellens-Bruschayt, DPM, PhD's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Tatiana Wellens-Bruschayt has been in practice in Polk County, Florida since 1999. She is president of Central Florida Foot and Ankle Center and has been trained in top medical institutions worldwide including South Miami Hospital, Baptist Health Systems Hospital, Ilizarov Institute for External Fixation in Russia, and Johns Hopkins Medical School in Baltimore, Maryland. She completed her Ph.D in biomedical sciences in 2002 and is only one of few podiatrists in the United States to carry a degree of Doctor of podiatric medicine as well as Ph.D. Dr. Wellens is board certified by the American College of Podiatric Surgery and is a Fellow with American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons. She has performed over 4000 operations on foot and ankle and has been actively involved in clinical research directly associated with approval of medical devices through Food and Drug Administration. She is currently heading podiatric practice that specializes in medicine and reconstructive surgery of foot and ankle, which is the largest practice in Polk County, Florida. In her free time, Dr. Wellens enjoys water skiing, snow skiing, working out, and spending time with her two sons.

• Russian
  • English

• Barry University School Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I highly recommend this doctor to any of my family, friends, and anyone in need of foot pain relief. My daughter and I have been seeing her for over a year and ..."

November 3, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Wellens is AMAZING! She has treated me wonderfully!"

August 19, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "WORST MISTAKE I EVER MADE WAS GOING TO DR. WELLENS. SHE HAD A NEW "TOY" WITH THE TOPAZ COBLATION. USED IT ON BOTH MY FEET WHICH MADE THEM SO MUCH WORSE. HAD TO ..."

August 9, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Wanted me to pay all of my surgery fees up front which totaled over $2400 with insurance! Also they recommend a surgery pack that they charge another $108 for w..."

February 20, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Extremely knowledgeable. Doesn't sugarcoat anything very straight up which I prefer. Staff is very kind. My only complaint would be time spent waiting for appoi..."

December 16, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Awesome Doctor!!!! Looks like they schedule all patients at the same time. 9am apt. and waiting room full didn't get seen til 9:45. Not all people are retired s..."

December 8, 2014
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Everybody is quite courteous and efficient here. the staff answered all my questions and gets me out the door on time."

December 4, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The Best group to work with. I brought my mother here."

December 4, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Everyone in the office is very friendly and helpful, answered any questions I had while I was waiting"

November 21, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Extremely knowledgeable and professional! Nothing but 5 stars!"

November 20, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very professional, pleasant atmosphere and dedicated staff"

November 20, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Wellens is AMAZING! She has treated me wonderfully!"

November 20, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This whole office is amazing! From Dr. Wellens to the rest of the staff the are the best. Kind. Considerate. I am still in recovery but extremely pleased."

November 20, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Was very good, didn't feel a thing. Would come back if I needed"

November 20, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am very lucky to have been here and i am able to walk again."

November 20, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Wellens is a great doctor! She helped me with the arthritis in my ankles and introduced me to Kathleen who treated me with the MLS Laser and after just 7 tr..."

November 18, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "They are crooks! I will NOT recommend them to anyone I know."

November 12, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=43546'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.0

March 7, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=43546'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.1

February 14, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=43546'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.3

February 5, 2014