Ratings for Dr. David Chalnick

Dr. Chalice has replaced both a knee and hip for me. I had surgery September 15, 2016. He is the best total replacement surgeon in the area! I would not go to any other surgeon. I trust everything he says, has good judgement and most importantly is the best at this type of surgery. The office staff is also great and very on top of everything for their patients. I highly recommend Dr. Chalnick!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

I had both of my hips replaced by Dr Chalnick. Recovery was quick and uneventful. I have no regrets and feel better than I have in years. His surgical assistant is Debbie and she is wonderful. She freely gives out her direct number and is always available for questions. The remainder of his office staff from the front desk to x-ray to exam room are professional and foremost kind.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

I had my left hip done May 14th...I am walking almost perfectly. No cane or walker. It's been 5 weeks. Felling great. He is a very well respected Doctor at Monmouth Medical. He is very strick , but it pays off in the end. I would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

Dr. Chalice preformed a total left knee replacement on me 6 years ago. He was thorough, informative, & took every aspect of my health & well being into consideration. My right knee is now on its way out. I wouldn't consider going to another surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

I am getting surprised that most of the comments seem to be about time and office personal. Whatv about the doctor. He is a great surgeon. His very honest, straight forward and gives you options. I like this guy. I am doing it in the Fall.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2013

I have a partially torn ACL. Dr Chalnick recommended physical therapy. After a few months of physical therapy and not much progress, I requested to that he follow through with arthroscopic surgery with a cadaver ACL. He tried to convince me to have tendons taken from my leg to do the repair because there was a possibility of contracting HIV/AIDS. I told him there was a better chance of my body rejecting the cadaver. After we had the surgery scheduled, while I was on the table, WHILE HE HAD STARTED THE SURGERY AND I WAS CUT OPEN, he decided not to follow through with the surgery and told me to go back to physical therapy to strengthen my knee. He also said there was a mass behind my knee that he didn't look at because he didn't have my permission. My mom was in the waiting room and had permission to make decisions. Even though I didn't get the surgery completed I was still on the hook for paying what my insurance didn't cover. I can't recommend this "doctor" at all.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2013

Dr David Chalnick, did a left knee replacement on 2/24/2011, I am walking with a caine very little pain or swelling. I had my right knee done on 3/9/2010 by a famous Dr at NYHSS and I am still having problems with them right knee, my advise is stay local and go to DR chalnick

flag | Submitted March 12, 2011

Dr. Chalnick is WONDERFUL. He repaired both my hips. Now for the first time in my life, both my legs are the same length. The Dr. is so caring after surgery the next day on his day off, he still came to check on me in the hospital. He is a genius !!! God Bless His hands, he is a very talented surgeon, and answered all my questions both times. He spent plenty of time with me at each appointment. He even answered my Husbands questions, as he was more nervous than I was. Thank You Doctor Chalnick !!! He is the best !!

Submitted February 11, 2011

He was the third MD I saw in this group...and the best. Took time to explain my condition and show me my MRI's.Something neither of the other MD's did.I would recommend him to family and friends. As a nurse I know a good and knowledgeable MD when I meet one.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2011

Dr. Chelnick is very caring and informative. He answered all my questions,was extreamly through in his pre op prep. and post op follow up care.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2010