Ratings for Dr. Jihad H. Kaouk

Saw Dr. Kaouk for an extremely large prostate, causing urinary blockage, which could not be treated in a conventional manner. Dr. Kaouk performed a robotic assisted simple prostatectomy. Outcome was incredible in terms of noninvasiveness of procedure - spent only one night in hospital. Pain from incisions was minimal; no need to take any pain killers after hospital discharge other than a couple of Tylenol the first day out. Very grateful to Dr. Kaouk for a first-class job.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2017

excellent experience, superb surgeon. Highly recommended

flag | Submitted August 13, 2017

Excellent surgeon and extremely professional. Truly cares for his patients. I can't express how wonderful he was.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Excellent doctor ...very experienced and talented surgeon. PM

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

I had prostate cancer for over seven years. In late February 2015, I had a biopsy done and it showed that my cancer had grown. It was recommended to me that I address it before I got any older, and while I was still young enough to heal properly. At first, I was recommended to Dr. Ochs at Urology One in Canton, where I live. After consulting with him, because of my physical size, he recommended that I go to Cleveland Clinic and see Dr. Jihad Kaouk. An appointment was set. I first met with one of Dr. Kaouk's colleagues, and then Dr. Kaouk himself. He thoroughly explained my condition, and then informed me that he was going to remove my prostate robotically. He then told me that he was one of the original eleven doctors that had pioneered the procedure. I could tell by the smiles on his face while he was telling me about it, that he was proud of his accomplishments, as he should be. He explained to me exactly what to expect the day of the surgery and the days following. A surgery date was set for June 15, 2015. On the day of the surgery, I showed up early in the morning at the Cleveland Clinic Surgery Center. The receptionist told my wife about their information system and how they could stay informed of my progress. It wasn't long before I was taken back and the nurses prepared me for surgery. Shortly after that I was wheeled to the operating area where I met the anesthesiologist and the other doctors that would be assisting. Just before they wheeled me in, Dr Kaouk was there to shake my hand as promised. I was taken into the operating room, transferred to the table, and an oxygen mask was put on me. I asked if they could move the mask because it had my nose slightly pinched and the next thing I know, I woke up in recovery. I am writing this letter in recognition of Dr. Kaouk, his colleagues, and your nursing staff. They all took excellent care of me, and made an unpleasant situation, as pleasant as it could be. I had one complication that caused me to have to stay a few extra days at the clinic, but Dr. Kaouk and colleagues kept me well informed, and they took every precaution to insure that I was on the road to recovery. The nursing staff was like a well oiled machine. I am so glad that I was sent to Dr. Kaouk, and that I had my surgery done robotically. It was sooo much less invasive. One of my first roommates in the hospital had the same surgery, only traditionally. He was in so much pain, sick as a dog, and staples from one end to another. I had five small incisions, was glued, and was back to work in three weeks. I did not even take one pain medication. Don't get me wrong. I was stiff and sore, but I did not feel that it was bad enough to have to take anything. I have now completed all of my follow up visits with Dr. Kaouk and can now be checked periodically in Canton where I live. I am proud to say that from my Pathology reports, that I am cancer free and glad to have that chapter of my life behind me. Thank you Dr Kaouk, and thank you Cleveland Clinic. Keep up the good work and the wonderful pioneering that you both are doing!

flag | Submitted December 30, 2015

Dr. Kaouk, was professional and very up front and honest regarding surgical risks, diagnosis and other options for my mom's medical care. We were not pressured by him regarding our decisions. He was very knowledgable and took the time necessary to educate, not only my mom but the family. Dr. Kaouk showed compassion along side professionalism. His diagnosis was spot on and today my mom is a very vibrant 83 year old great grandma enjoying a new lease on life. We are thankful for Dr. Kaouk's giftedness in helping and healing people.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

Fantastic doctor. He genuinely cares about his patients and is extremely professional. There is no other urologist I would go to. He is board certified and is very knowledgeable about his field.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

Disastrous by Ben H After my prostatectomy, I remained in Cleveland Clinic hospital for 6 days in tremendous pain. Against my will, I was discharged and within 24 hours was in emergency surgery in another city hospital where I lost part of my intestine, underwent 3 additional surgeries. I too was left totally impotent and incontinent. I believe Kaouk is an incompetent, uncaring, and dishonest doctor.

Submitted September 4, 2014

Dr. Kaouk was very informational and clear when discussing options for prostate cancer. Being only 44 years old, he clearly identified the associated risks and chances for a full recovery of all three aspects of the robotic surgery. I felt very comfortable with Dr. Kaouk, and I quickly developed a trust within him to go forward with the surgery. It has now been 22 months since the surgery and I am cancer free, and the other two aspects of the recovery are about as good as I could have hoped for. Thank you Dr. Kaouk for not only saving my life, but for allowing me the chance to resume all of the activities that I enjoyed prior to surgery.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2014

I was diagnosed with renal cell carcinoma in 2009. The first doctor I went to said because of the location of the cancer my whole left kidney needed to be removed. I then went for another opinion and this doctor recommended Dr. Kaouk. I am so thankful for his recommendation. Dr. Kaouk was extremely encouraging and reassured me he could remove the cancer successfully . The surgery was a complete success and I am now going on 5 years cancer free. He is extremely proficient, always upbeat and he did save my kidney and my life. My family and I will always be grateful to him and would recommend Dr. Kaouk to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2014

Dr. Jihad H. Kaouk's Credentials

• American Univ Of Beirut, Fac Of Med, Beirut, Lebanon (Grad. 1993)

Amerigroup