Ratings for Dr. Jihad H. Kaouk

The best experience and outcome I could have hoped for. When you ask other prominent doctors who they would use they all said it would be him. The best.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

I had prostrate surgury performed by Dr Kaouk several years ago and I’m still having leakage problems from it. He was a nice person, but a poor Surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2017

I brought my father to Cleveland Clinic in September of 2017 to see Dr Kaouk and discuss laparoscopic surgery to remove his kidney cancer. He was very optimistic when we first met with him and said he could do the procedure and my father would be up and walking the day after surgery. He explained a team approach, and that my father would have to meet with an oncologist and cardiologist at Cleveland Clinic. The Cardiologist approved my father for surgery and a biopsy. And the Oncologist ordered additional tests. After 2 months and 4 visits to Cleveland Clinic from Atlanta, we were told that Dr Kaouk, who we were scheduled to see on November 28th, 2017, would be unavailable and in surgery. A doctor in residency would meet with us instead. Dr Kaouk refused to even talk to us on the phone and had the resident tell us he would not do the surgery because of my father's age. I'm not sure why we weren't told that in the beginning , before all of the time and expense of the trips to Cleveland from Atlanta, Ga. Dr Kaouk's assistant, Traci, is one of the rudest people I have ever talked to. When I tried to schedule follow up appointments by phone, I was told she was too busy and she would hang up on me or put me on a never ending hold. I am extremely disappointed that Dr Kaouk did not have the common courtesy to return our calls or meet with us in person to give us his decision about surgery. My father is devastated, as he had canceled the planned surgery scheduled for September in Dayton with his Urologist, so that Dr Kaouk could do the procedure. He is now left with very few options.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

Saw Dr. Kaouk for an extremely large prostate, causing urinary blockage, which could not be treated in a conventional manner. Dr. Kaouk performed a robotic assisted simple prostatectomy. Outcome was incredible in terms of noninvasiveness of procedure - spent only one night in hospital. Pain from incisions was minimal; no need to take any pain killers after hospital discharge other than a couple of Tylenol the first day out. Very grateful to Dr. Kaouk for a first-class job.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2017

excellent experience, superb surgeon. Highly recommended

flag | Submitted August 13, 2017

Excellent surgeon and extremely professional. Truly cares for his patients. I can't express how wonderful he was.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Excellent doctor ...very experienced and talented surgeon. PM

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

I had prostate cancer for over seven years. In late February 2015, I had a biopsy done and it showed that my cancer had grown. It was recommended to me that I address it before I got any older, and while I was still young enough to heal properly. At first, I was recommended to Dr. Ochs at Urology One in Canton, where I live. After consulting with him, because of my physical size, he recommended that I go to Cleveland Clinic and see Dr. Jihad Kaouk. An appointment was set. I first met with one of Dr. Kaouk's colleagues, and then Dr. Kaouk himself. He thoroughly explained my condition, and then informed me that he was going to remove my prostate robotically. He then told me that he was one of the original eleven doctors that had pioneered the procedure. I could tell by the smiles on his face while he was telling me about it, that he was proud of his accomplishments, as he should be. He explained to me exactly what to expect the day of the surgery and the days following. A surgery date was set for June 15, 2015. On the day of the surgery, I showed up early in the morning at the Cleveland Clinic Surgery Center. The receptionist told my wife about their information system and how they could stay informed of my progress. It wasn't long before I was taken back and the nurses prepared me for surgery. Shortly after that I was wheeled to the operating area where I met the anesthesiologist and the other doctors that would be assisting. Just before they wheeled me in, Dr Kaouk was there to shake my hand as promised. I was taken into the operating room, transferred to the table, and an oxygen mask was put on me. I asked if they could move the mask because it had my nose slightly pinched and the next thing I know, I woke up in recovery. I am writing this letter in recognition of Dr. Kaouk, his colleagues, and your nursing staff. They all took excellent care of me, and made an unpleasant situation, as pleasant as it could be. I had one complication that caused me to have to stay a few extra days at the clinic, but Dr. Kaouk and colleagues kept me well informed, and they took every precaution to insure that I was on the road to recovery. The nursing staff was like a well oiled machine. I am so glad that I was sent to Dr. Kaouk, and that I had my surgery done robotically. It was sooo much less invasive. One of my first roommates in the hospital had the same surgery, only traditionally. He was in so much pain, sick as a dog, and staples from one end to another. I had five small incisions, was glued, and was back to work in three weeks. I did not even take one pain medication. Don't get me wrong. I was stiff and sore, but I did not feel that it was bad enough to have to take anything. I have now completed all of my follow up visits with Dr. Kaouk and can now be checked periodically in Canton where I live. I am proud to say that from my Pathology reports, that I am cancer free and glad to have that chapter of my life behind me. Thank you Dr Kaouk, and thank you Cleveland Clinic. Keep up the good work and the wonderful pioneering that you both are doing!

flag | Submitted December 30, 2015

Dr. Kaouk, was professional and very up front and honest regarding surgical risks, diagnosis and other options for my mom's medical care. We were not pressured by him regarding our decisions. He was very knowledgable and took the time necessary to educate, not only my mom but the family. Dr. Kaouk showed compassion along side professionalism. His diagnosis was spot on and today my mom is a very vibrant 83 year old great grandma enjoying a new lease on life. We are thankful for Dr. Kaouk's giftedness in helping and healing people.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

Fantastic doctor. He genuinely cares about his patients and is extremely professional. There is no other urologist I would go to. He is board certified and is very knowledgeable about his field.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

Dr. Jihad H. Kaouk's Credentials

• American Univ Of Beirut, Fac Of Med, Beirut, Lebanon (Grad. 1993)