Ratings for Dr. Norman J. Pastorek

My experience with Dr. Pastorek and his office was hands down the best experience with a physician I have ever had. From the initial consultation, from which I was comparing multiple surgeons, he stood out as the most experienced, skilled, kind, sincere, and intelligent of the group. He walked me through exactly what he proposed to do in surgery to fix the issue, showed me before and after pictures of a plethora of similar situations on which he operated and successfully fixed, and made me feel so at ease with the pre-op process. He and his staff were the most sincere people to deal with from figuring out the scheduling/insurance/logistics of the surgery to the surgery day and through the post-procedure appointment. Dr. Pastorek reached out to me the night before surgery after he had done all of his homework again on my procedure and to put my mind at ease for the next day. The experience at the hospital was so pleasant and I came out of surgery to hear how well Dr. Pastorek thought it went. He and his staff made sure to follow-up with me several times a day in the days following surgery, just to check-in on me and to reiterate all of the post-procedure instructions. I came in to my follow-up appointment one week later and could not be more pleased with the result. Thank you for everything, Dr. Pastorek!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

The finest facial cosmetic surgeon in NY beyond question. Dr. Pastorek has performed two procedures for me and his work is flawless. You never look pulled or "plastic". He has a beautiful touch. In addition he is as warm and caring a Dr. as I've ever met and his staff are terrific......Several of my friends have used him as well...and had similar results...Just outstanding!

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

I have wanted a rhinoplasty for many years. You know how life just seems to take up all of our time. I'm going to be 65 in a few months, and I decided that I should wait no more. I had been holding on to Dr. Pastorek's contact information long enough. Dr. Pastorek's practice is located in an area of Manhattan that is private and peacefully elegant. His spacious office follows suit in that its furniture, wall hangings, and flowers have been arranged with gracefulness in mind. Upon walking inside, I was warmly and cheerfully greeted by Rica and Emily. After just a few minutes in the examining room, Barbara entered and took my vitals. Barbara is unique. She is thorough, yet not rushed; she is detailed, yet tranquil. Once again, within a few moments, Dr. Pastorek came in. We spoke together about the rhinoplasty for an ample amount of time. I asked him about other facial procedures I was interested in, and he explained each one. I felt such confidence in Dr. Pastorek that there were no decisions left to make. I have been so fortunate that my long wait led to Dr. Pastorek. He is a brilliant plastic surgeon with a gentle demeanor. My surgery is over now. I didn't have a moment of worry or a moment of pain or discomfort. Barbara gave me notes to read about before, during, and after surgery. These notes explained the entire process. She was and is always there if a question comes up; however, it all went exactly and precisely as noted. Dr. Pastorek, Barbara, Rica, and Emily have not seen the last of me. I will be returning for a blepharoplasty soon, I hope. I also hope that whoever may read this review understands that Dr. Norman J. Pastorek sculpts such natural-looking, feminine features, no one will be able to put their finger on exactly what you did to look, and especially, feel as amazing as you do.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

I wanted a subtle change and my nose looks so different. He has a great bedside manner but I am profoundly disappointed with my result. I had a beautiful nose that needed a little tweak and now it has multiple issues.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

Having bumped my nose by frisbee and foot as a child, I have had surgery scheduled on 3 separate occasions before having it done by Dr. Pastorek this past Dec. Twice with another Dr and the last time with Dr Pastorek because I contracted poison ivy on my face the week of surgery! But as the saying goes, things happen when they should and I'm happy they did. The night before my surgery, I had a MAJOR migraine and was afraid I would not be up for the surgery yet again...Dr Pastorek, couldn't have been kinder, when he checked in with me the night before my surgery, YES, thats right, he calls all of his patients the night before to check in, to reassure them, to let them know that he has studied there individual case and is planning on giving it his all. I took some peppermint oil to relieve my headache, went to bed and prayed for a better morning. When Dr P heard I was not feeling well that evening, he told me not to worry, if I wasn't up for it in the morning to call his office and we would reschedule. He asked if it was nerves? Maybe a little but probably dehydration was my guess. What sticks with me most about that moment, was not his concern for missing out on the surgery but for MY well being. There was no pressure or reproach about having his time set aside for me etc etc. which was the case with the prior Dr who shall not be named that I was scheduled with. That was true class... That next morning I was headache free but a bit hesitant- its my face for goodness sakes! I took one look in the mirror with the mornings shadows and said, off you go, Girl. The entire process, was easy and pleasant;being fawned over by the many nurses and hospital assistances, the camaraderie of the other patients waiting with nervousness for their own procedures- bonds were formed. There was order and timely considerations for everyone waiting. You were scheduled and taken at the allotted time given. Nothing worse than waiting and waiting that just gives you time to become anxious, right? When I woke from the pain free operation, I marveled at how I was leaving with the tiniest of casts on my nose. I was expecting some big heavy metal gauge with tape and gauze everywhere. It couldn't have been the opposite. In fact, a dear friend who came to check in on me the following day, who is a Doc, commented how sleek and unobtrusive from others she has seen. My recovery was less than a week and my nose has never worked as well as it does now. I am finally breathing into my belly as those yoga instructors tell us to do. No, nasal drip and any numbness has been minimal and disappearing as time goes by. The man is an artist. I'm happy he found his passion and has continued to share his talents/gifts with us all fortunate to have the good sense to hire him. Thank you Dr Pastorek, I'm eternally grateful.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

Dr Pastorek is a super talented Doctor. Both my daughters had rhinoplasty done by him. He has an amazing bed-side manner and is so calming and knowledgable. He is also one of the few doctors who does the procedure under local anesthetic , which eliminates many risk as and unwanted side effects. He made the experience so pleasant, from the first visit, through the surgery and then for the post-op care. The results for both my daughters are amazing. Each of my girls now have new and improved noses that perfectly suit their faces and bone structure. They are thrilled with the results and brimming with a newfound confidence. There is no doctor out there, who is better than dr Pastorek, for rhinoplasty.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

I was profoundly disappointed in my experience with Dr. Norman Pastorek and wish I'd chosen a different doctor. I had a rhinoplasty/septoplasty about five years ago to straighten my septum and open a collapsed nostril that was impairing my breathing. Long story short, my nostril is still collapsed, my breathing is no better than it was, and cosmetically my nose looks worse, as there is now an asymmetrical drooping of the columella that wasn't present prior to the surgery. Added to that, I explicitly asked Dr. Pastorek not to break my nose, and he assured me he wouldn't -- yet he did anyway. But the worst part of all was that when I asked to see him three years after my surgery in hopes there might be something he could do, I was told I'd be charged a standard consultation fee for the visit as if I were a new patient. I'm now in the process of looking for another surgeon to repair his work. I know he has a good reputation, and I know that even the best surgeons make mistakes, but when all was said and done I was left looking and feeling worse, and the manner in which I was treated by Dr. Pastorek and his staff only added insult to injury. Please do your own research.

Submitted January 21, 2016

Like some other raters have mentioned Dr Pastorek is a very nice man and has good bedside manners However I am truly disappointed with my results. The dr. Never really listened to what I wanted the outcome to be. He just told me what he thinks it should look like.The most disappointing part of this is after spending all that money and putting myself through surgery the changes are barely noticeable. I am 4 month post surgery and I still have a bump (which he says will heal!!) My nose is still long and bottom of nose hangs low. I wonder what he will tell me at my 6 month visit.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

Dr. Pastorek was the first and last doctor I saw before deciding to get a nose job. He made me feel very calm and reassured days before the surgery. The whole process was very simple and fast. One week after my surgery the cast was removed and I got to see the final product; I was enormously pleased with the results. Dr. Pastorek has a vision for each of his patients, he knows exactly what looks good and what does not look good. I did not have to tell him what I wanted; he already knew. The best part is that no one actually realizes you had cosmetic surgery done. I strongly recommend this doctor. He truly has the best interest for each of his clients.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

Dr Pastorek is the best for facial plastic surgery. His surgical and aesthetics skills are outstanding. Dr Pastorek is also very supportive and cares for the comfort of his patients throughout the entire procedure from consultation to end result. Dr Pastorek's offices and team provide a comfortable though professional experience. This is my second facial surgery with Dr Pastorek. The first was thirty years ago! I came back to the best.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

Dr. Norman J. Pastorek's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

He received his medical degree and surgical training at the University of Illinois and the University of Illinois Hospitals in Chicago, where he was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society. Although he is dedicated to his private Facial Plastic Surgery practice, Dr. Pastorek is also a highly respected medical educator and teacher. For over two decades, he has volunteered one day a week to a facial plastic surgery clinic to educate residents.

• English

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med, Chicago Il 60680 (Grad. 1964)

AARP