Ratings for Dr. Steven Hill

Some staff are awesome others are awful regarding attention to detail, and as the previous post mentioned, they engage in less than professional "gossip" Come on you are a health professionals office! It seems that if you are not prepared to go for extra cost procedures mainly recommended for cosmetic reasons there seems to be an air of indifference. They are certainly trained to "up sell", and when it comes to getting back to you with results or claims, it is non existent. I suggest if the patient is supposed to be responsible for getting the paperwork to the dentist it might be a good idea to have a "fact sheet" so that WE know what to do!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

Dr. Steven Hill

Dr. Steven Hill's response
I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience at our office. We always try to give our patients options in their treatment planning and by no means is that meant to come across as an up sell. If you would like to send me an email I would like to help with any information we did not send you with results or claims. admin-dr.steven_c_hill@shaw.ca

Submitted November 23, 2015

Dr Hill is the best dentist I have ever been to. I have no idea why there are negative reviews about him. Are you sure you are reviewing the right dentist? Dr Hill is very respectful and highly skilled; you should see how beautiful my crowns are. They look better than the original teeth. He doesn't mind if I question his advice; in fact, he takes the time to respectfully state his point of view and listen to mine and he does not take offence if I refuse a recommended treatment. His staff are also very skilled, kind and gentle. They respect my desire to think for myself and not accept everything they recommend at first glance. As for his fees, I think they are very average (meaning NOT on the high end for dentist, meaning NOT expensive). I don't know what other reviewers are talking about. Have you been to other dentists? They charge more for poorer quality work. I know this because I tried them out before I found Dr Hill. I have never seen any evidence of Dr Hill trying to pump up his retirement fund with repairs to my mouth. On the contrary, I would say he holds back on what could be done. He's like a good mechanic, only recommending work that will improve and increase the life time of the vehicle. I can't believe I found such a good dentist in little ol' Langley. He's so good, he could be anywhere. Dr Hill is a gem. Please do not believe these negative Nellies who reviewed Dr Hill.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

I have been a patient in Dr Hill's practice for over 10,years and they continue to excel in my books. Friendly,caring and knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend this practice.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

This was the best dental exam I've ever had! Dr. Hill and his staff were very thorough and knowledgeable. I liked that he told me what was going on but left the decision up to me with what I wanted to do. His treatment coordinator Sandy was very helpful and provided me a treatment plan that she emailed me. Great service and friendly staff, I'm looking forward to my next appointment with my new dentist!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

I'm just a stay at home mom, but i dont mind calling out Dr. Hill for what he is. My family has been going to Dr Hill since he took over from Dr. Bitner. I quit going to Dr. Hill many years ago as I never cared for him. My parents and 2 of my children go to him still, but I'm going to switch my children to my dentist. The staff are a bunch of gossipers, dr hill has no sympathy and all he cares about is getting money. So far to try to charge insurance twice at different times for the same procedure. The only reason we found out was because insurance denied the second claim that was made a month or 2 later. My daughter had a wiggly adult tooth and Dr Hill said that there was nothing wrong with it. She went to a different dentist, and we found out that tooth is fractured. She will need an implant when that tooth falls out and I'm so glad that I found a great dentist to take my girls to, and give them the work than Dr Hill.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2014

I'm a past Vice President of a major media company in Vancouver, recently retired. I've been a patient of Dr Hill's for 10 years and have recommended him to my colleagues, family and closest friends. To suggest his primary interest is money borders on slanderous. Patients that really know Dr Hill know his primary interest is the well being of his patients. To that end he's invested countless hours attending learning facilities throughout North America to bring the lastest and best care approaches to his patients. In addition, any sensible person can quickly see a huge investment in technology throughout his offices to ensure the best treatment options for his patients. Frankly, I'm appalled by the irresponsible comments made on this board by people emboldened by anonymity. So come out from under your rock. Let's see who you are. I didn't think you would....slimy indeed.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2013

I was a patient of Dr Hill but left as I do not have dental coverage and he was all about money.He wanted to replace all of my perfectly good fillings.I found him to be arrogant and uncaring.He was showed no empathy with my son who was having an extraction and was feeling sick,he was more concerned with the potential of him throwing up on him than he was about a 5year olds well being.He also referred me to the most expensive orthodontist in Langley for my son's braces.I find Dr Hill slimy and thinks he is all that.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2013

Dr. Steve Hill is an excellent dentist. His office staff are very helpful, kind and caring. They are flexible with scheduling ( which is a real bonus). Dr. Hill is very knowledgeable regarding TMJ. He has been treating me for one year and the results I have experienced are amazing. I no longer have migraines or jaw pain, my shoulder, neck and back pain have disappeared. He is genuinely interested in making me feel better and achieve results regarding my bite plane and jaw alignment. i trust Dr. Hills' advice.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2012

I have dealt with Dr. Hill's office and Steve for over 12 years. I learned from my first wife who was a C.D.A. to only go to a dentist who was recommended by fellow professionals in the field. Bedside manners, follow up phone calls, and espressos in the waiting room are impressive, but don't be fooled. Dr. Hill's staff have always treated me with the utmost of respect, care, and kindness. Debbie is amazing. Dr. Hill is constantly our of town upgrading his skills, and teaching at universities. I don't get some of the negative comments on this site. I put off cosmetic dentistry with Steve for years, and I never felt pressure. I did a lot of research and when I was ready, I gave him the go ahead, and now I have no regrets and neither will you. There is a thin line between "confidence" and "arrogance". But make no mistake about "competence". You will be hard pressed to find a better dentist anywhere...don't ask the person off the street or on this site. Ask other dental professionals.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2009

Terrible, rude, argumentative secretary, also I agree with other posters about Dr. Hill's attitude, " Money, money, money" he has no interst in your teeth. He and his staff are rude and arrogant.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2008

Dr. Steven Hill's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Born and raised in North Vancouver, Dr. Hill attended University of British Columbia (UBC) Dentistry (1985-1989). Here, he was the perennial class representative to the Dental Undergraduate Society (DUS) and was voted in as President (1988-1989). He was also the first dental student to ever win the UBC Medical Team Award for Excellence. After dental school graduation, Dr. Hill accepted a four-year position in a hospital setting in Halifax, where he worked side-by-side with specialists in Oral Surgery, Orthodontics, and Prosthodontics (crown and bridge). This advanced training allowed him to practice dentistry at a very high level when he returned in 1993 to practice as a Langley dentist. With a strong belief in providing a friendly, comfortable atmosphere in his office, Dr. Hill dedicates his skill to ensuring patients receive only the best care available in today’s dentistry.