Ratings for Dr. Murali Moorthy

I had a bump on the top of my foot and Dr. Murali Moorthy removed the bump, my foot is recovering nicely and was glad for Dr. Moorthy’s help. He has a good bedside manner and skills. As a health care provider myself, I would recommend.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2013

Dr. Moorthy treated my injury and made me feel that he had my best interest in mind, he never pressured me on my recovery time, always listened to my concerns, helped me with all my treatment, recovery, therapy and conducted himself like my advocate with my insurance and work. His staff, PA David and all supporting staff always made me feel like they were grateful to see me, remembered my name, and always asked"is there anything else we can help you with" that means a lot. I would recommend this office and especially Dr. Moorthy to anyone seeking the best Orthopedic Doctor. thanks again for your dedication and understanding. Hector B

flag | Submitted May 5, 2013

was kept waiting for 1 1/2 hours past my appt. time. his office finally said he would call me, as he was not able to see me for at least another 30 minutes as he double books appts. and was over-scheduled that day. the only alternative offered to me to re-schedule this appt. but i would have to wait another 3 weeks. no preferential treatment for his post-surgery patients, that's for sure!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2012

This doctor maimed me and sent me out the door. I had to see a doctor at UC Davis to correct the problem. I'm still trying to recover from a second surgery after 10 months...but at least the guy in Sacramento knows what he's doing. He was disgusted with Moorthy's surgery. Moorthy did things without my written consent while I was in surgery. Because of Moorthy, I've been struggling for 3 and 1/2 years. Lost my job and got divorced. I'm not the only person he's messed up. His staff told me some bad things about him. But he gets away with it, because his dad is head of the Ortho board.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2009

Highly recommend! Awesome doctor. Did everything he could have to figure out the problem--never dismissed what I was claiming or made me feel like I was being whimpy, despite long term not healing. Tough case; I loved him, and he figured out exactly what the problem was... I'd damaged the nerve in my ankle with too much ice which impaired the fluid regulation and resulted in chronic extreme pain.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2008

Dr. Murali Moorthy's Credentials

Dr. Murali Moorthy began practicing orthopedic medicine after earning his medical degree from the University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine and completing his residency at the USC Department of Orthopedic Surgery. Inspired by his father, a well-established cardiologist at Mt. Diablo and Sutter Delta, Dr. Moorthy continued his orthopedic training with a challenging foot and ankle fellowship at Harbor-UCLA/Balance Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Center, where he excelled at delivering specialized orthopedic care. Patients appreciate his good nature and attentiveness, and have come to rely on his honest evaluations. Committed and enthusiastic, he delivers realistic treatment programs designed to minimize discomfort and facilitate recovery. A local resident and Northgate High School alumnus, he shows continued commitment by offering state-of-the-art treatment to the community he calls home. Dr. Moorthy practices orthopedic surgery with a special interest in foot and ankle orthopedics and sports medicine, specializing in the treatment of complex disorders of the foot and ankle. Dr. Moorthy performs ankle fusion and the STAR ankle replacement surgical technique, treating foot deformities, sports injuries, work injuries and senior citizen conditions.

• University Of California, California College Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)
  • University of Southern California / Keck School of Medicine (Grad. 1998)

• Broken ankle/broken foot