Ratings for Dr. Arun J. Ramappa

Very disappointed in the treatment received by Dr. Ramappa. He spent less than 5 minutes with me and didn’t access the reason I came in. He performed a range of motion and simple strength test while in supine and told me I had runners knee and suggested physical therapy without an MRI report. MRI says a torn meniscus, yet no follow up appointment necessary.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

Absolutely attentive to my medical problems. Explained well the operation procedure and care for my knees. Dr Arun Ramappa is one of the most humane and professional doctor I have. Thanks for your continued support and wonderful care Dr. Ramappa.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I met Dr. Ramappa today for the first time. I have been dealing with knee pain and decreased mobility for over a year now. Two other orthos could not figure out what was wrong. Dr. Ramappa diagnosed me right away. He was kind, patient, and answered all of the questions that I had. He was VERY aware of my nervousness and was supporting and helpful. I highly recommend Dr. Ramappa to anyone. His staff was also exceptional. They were kind, knowledgeable, and overall top rate!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

Dr. Ramappa performed arthroscopic surgery for torn labrums in both of my shoulders, 7 months apart from eachother. He was a great listener, very calm; him along with the rest of his staff both in appointments and the time spent in prepsration for surgery were phenominal. They were comforting and made the experience the best it could be. First surgery went very well, as my shoulder now feels great, and I am 10 weeks post-opp with my latest and this one feels even better. Great Doctor and Staff! -Shane

flag | Submitted July 2, 2016

Best Doctor that I ever met, he explain carefully my situation ACL tear and meniscus tear, show me careful the MRI picture. Best surgeon forever and very calm along with his PA. I did not know he specialized in rotator cuff tear also, if I knew I better let my husband to have him surgery than Dr Deangelis.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

Excellent calm, listener, with no arrogance. I was very impressed at my first meeting, he brought a scribe to do his typing, instead of looking at his computer, he listened to me communicated with me and I felt I could trust him as a surgeon. For me, this is HUGE! Thank you Dr Ramappa. Clare

flag | Submitted June 6, 2015

I had rotator cuff surgery in May 2013 . Dr. Ramappa did an outstanding repair of several tendons and bones. He was upfront with expectations and fluid with follow through care . His staff was very compassionate and knowledgeable and my thanks to his assistant as she was top notch also. From the moment I walked through the door from the parking garage it seemed as though every hospital staff from information desk on up was extremely helpful and thoughtful. I had a wonderful experience and I am now fully recovered

flag | Submitted September 28, 2014

I completely agree with other poor assessments of Dr. Ramappa, as I received the same arrogant treatment. He did not listen, had a smirk on his face when I asked him to please listen to me, and gave a bare-bones exam of my condition (which was diagnosed by another surgeon as a torn rotator cuff and labrum), before prescribing PT. Rushed out after minimal attention... felt like I was visiting a free clinic. I specifically made the 3-hour trip to Beth Israel from northern New Hampshire because of BIDMC's reputation and satisfactory prior surgery I had in a different BIDMC department - NEVER AGAIN!

Submitted September 20, 2013

This man is one of the kindest doctors, and the best listeners, I ever met. I had a mundane shoulder issue he treated for about a year, but was nervous because of other factors. He was very patient and not rushed. An intuitive person. I can't imagine why 2 people had a bad interpersonal experience with him...perhaps he had a very bad day. It's just hard to imagine. I did not have surgery so can't personally vouch for skills there but would be confident because of his reputation. He has the bedside manner to give you the whole package.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2012

In 2010, I ruptured both biceps on both of my arms in a freak accident while performing on stage. I met with Dr. Ramappa and he was kind, sympathetic and very enthusiastic from the get go. His skill as a surgeon has not only given my arms back, but my biceps are stronger and bigger than ever! He is a masterful surgeon and I thank God every day for the amazing job he did on both my arms!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2011

Dr. Arun J. Ramappa's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1996)