Ratings for Dr. Priscilla Bright

She shows no respect for her patient's time and her secretary never answers the calls. Her patients just put up with this poor service.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

I sure hope that when Dr. Bright goes for an appointment for her car or anything else for that matter, she doesn't complain about waiting. Either she should make her staff take time management courses or leave sedatives in the candy dish in the reception area. Pity. Such a knowledgeable professional

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

i'M having a hard time getting this to post... Dr. Bright has been my GP for well over 30 years. She's been fantastic to myself and my mom (when mom was alive). She was even my psychotherapist when my support moved to another City. I am getting concerned. She is losing the patience she had with me and is forgetting and asking me why i'm there. I have to constantly remind her about tests she did. Alot of doctors would not take me on, as I have multiple health issues. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND DOCTOR BRIGHT... but I overheard her new secretary that she is no longer taking on new patients. I just saw that Doctor Bright won a Queen Elizabeth 2... Jubilee Award 2013... I am so happy for her. She is a very private person (at least with me) I hear from other patients and her previous staff. What happens in her life. I don't think she likes me. but if it was that bad. she should have asked me to move on years ago. I hope she agrees to stay my doctor. and that we clear up the recent mood shifts I've been experiencing with her.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

Dr. Bright is one of the best family doctors in Ottawa. That is why she is so busy and is the only reason that her punctuality sometimes suffers. She tries to help all of her patients when they need it. She has always been there for me when I needed her the most, like when my father, mother and husband died. She is a treasure and lovely lady.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2015

may have to wait... but her care is great! don't want her to retire.. old school...

flag | Submitted January 23, 2015

Dr Bright has been my doctor for over 30yrs. She is my ROCK! Yes you need to wait in her office, it has been that way for years and knowing that I come prepared. She takes the time for you. Never rushing you out of her office. She will listen to you until the "cows come home". That is why there is a wait time. The care she has given me and my mother is above and beyond any I have ever experienced or heard of. She's from the old school. Only on The Waltons do you see a doctor with such care and compassion to even do home care visits for those who cannot make it to her office or nearest clinic. I do not what my family would have done all these years without her... You Rock Dr. Bright!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

Dr.Bright changed when she treated me. She became rude and extremely demanding. I changed doctors and from what I could see what she was recommending were not appropriate to the situation. Personally, she was an all around bad experience and I soon hope she just leaves. Good Bye......she was just plain miserable.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2014

This doc needs to retire. She failed my grandmother over and over, refusing to refer her to CCAC homecare when it was clearly needed. She failed to pick up on so many cues of depression, failure to cope, failure to thrive, personal hygeine neglect, etc. Time to retire, lady.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2012

She is simply wonderful. Dr Bright has always been willing to take the time to understand and respond on many levels... diagnosis, treatment and emotional support. I couldn't care less if I have to wait. She takes the time needed with every patient. I know I'll be listened to and supported. She has set me straight with gentle good humour on more than one occasion, when it would be easier for her to nod, smile and shove me out the door. She's a much better doctor than most and certainly a much much better doctor than I am a patient. Having dealt with other physicians from time to time, I'm very aware that my family and I have been very fortunate to have had the competent, kind and caring primary care that Dr Bright has provided in good times and bad. Shirley was a kind and friendly right hand woman to Dr Bright, but I like Diane too. I hope they feel appreciated and that their ears are burning right now...

flag | Submitted September 11, 2010

Dr. Bright was my doctor for over 30 years. She was great until she moved to the Bank Street location. She then became impatient and less caring. Not having any medical problems, thank heavens, during this time I really didn't need to see her only at annual checkups or for a occasional cold etc. However, when I developed a severe problem she advised me I was a type A personality. Some weeks later I was hospitalized after going to another walk in clinic with a severe gall bladder attack. Some type A personality. There were also stones in the bile duct.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2010