Ratings for Dr. Larry Schnurr

Knowledgeable and professional while friendly and instilled confidence

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

My wife and I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Schnurr. He is a genius at diagnosis by actually listing to you. Dr. Schnurr will also make sure you ask the necessary questions and then explain things to you in a crystal clear manner. Many years ago Dr. Schnurr diagnosed my mother with Legionnaires Disease and many more years ago diagnosed me with spondilitis and later with zero negative arthritis. His diagnosis was always right on. Dr. Schnurr is a champion among doctors.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

Being a senior trips to a Doctor can be worrisome. I found Dr. Schnurr pleasant, caring, and listened to my concerns. Very much appreciated.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

I wish I could give him 5 stars but unfortunately he is a terrible doctor. I am trying to get pregnant and I am having symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease, my GP and my psychologist want a colonoscopy done but Schnurr refuses. I am unable to remain conscious through the colonography he wants to order because I was anally raped for years and am unable to go through having a stranger stick a tube up my butt while awake because of severe flash backs but with a colonography that is how it has to be done. My doctor also wants a colonoscopy because of my mental state and because I may be pregnant at any time and undergoing the radiation and the contrast would be a huge risk to a fetus. If I went to their hospital to have it done I would have to say I might be pregnant and the wouldn't even do the procedure, I know I went for an MRI and I said I might be and they said then we cannot do it and MRIs don't even have radiation! So he will run a big expensive test that could harm my potential baby and put me into a full blown flash back but he wont run the diagnostic I need, that would allow for biopsies that I will likely need as I have an inflammatory process in my bowel which has been confirmed by blood work and how well I have responded to medications. I defecate in my pants on a regular basis because my bowels are so bad but he wont run the appropriate diagnostics. He should just retire because he is causing more harm then not. Worst doctor I have ever had.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

Unfortunately I have had 2 appointments scheduled with him to be seen in Kemptville Hospital. I have yet to see him and will be looking elsewhere. Both appointments were scheduled for late afternoon to minimize my vacation time used to attend the appointment. On arrival at the hospital I found out the his clinic was done despite my appointment at 3:15 then 3:00 pm the second time I tried. Not sure if it is a glitch with their scheduling or just wishing to leave early!!! Very disappointed!!!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

Has cared for my mother, me and my son, at various times. I greatly appreciated his professionalism and desire to find appropriate solutions.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2013

He has been my specialist for the last 3 yrs and cannot say enough about him. Referred me to a very good specialist in Ottawa for a consultation. Excellent doctor with good manners

flag | Submitted April 30, 2011

I am sure Dr. Schnurr is knowledgeable but after my second appt to see him in July and HIS promise to call me with my results right away and his lack of follow through (it's now Feb and I haven't heard a word) I am requesting a different referral. My family dr received my blood results and called in a panic to tell me I needed to have iron injections as I was severely anemic. NO PHONE CALL FROM SCHNURR WHO REQUESTED THE BLOOD WORK. Not happy and not impressed. All he did was hand me a prescription for meds that aren't working.....I would suggest a different GI.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2011

Dr. Larry Schnurr. Everytime I've had an appointment with him I have never had to wait. He is always on time if not early. The staff is not his but the Kemptville Hospital Emergency staff. Patients report to emergency and are directed to the appropriate clinic. Hospital staff always very friendly and courteous. I have always found Dr. Schnurr to be well informed about my condition and extremely helpful. This Doctor knows what he is doing. I think that Dr. Schnurr is one of the best in his field.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2010

I have been seen and treated by Dr. Schnurr on two emergency occasions. He is professional, extremely caring, attentive and very knowledgeable. Each time he saw me happened to be on a long weekend when he was on holiday, and he came in to attend to me. His followup was excellent (referred for further testing and specialists both times). In addition, I cannot say enough about the caring, kind and professional staff at the hospital. From the resident who brought me a warm blanket in the middle of the night, to the x-ray technician who was also called in in the middle of the night. I just cannot say enough about these wonderful individuals. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for your excellence and compassion - you are all exceptional.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2009