Ratings for Dr. H. Gooi

very personalable, caring and compassionate with a great sense of humour !

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

It is very hard to get an appointment with Dr.Gooi. For a simple annual checkup, you'd better be prepared to wait for a year. It is ridiculous. The front lady with British accent has been rude to patients for many years, unfortunately she was still there when last time I called not long time ago. I have switched my doctor. Of course they don't care as they have many many many patients, that's perhaps why they have a long waiting list.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

Terrible experience! Was sent to Dr. Gooi as he assured us that a surgery would be set for a year from last year (2015) I have called at least 4 times to his reception for the appointment as she would be impatient and rude as she was still booking for the year...called AGAIN and now we are informed he only does ONE surgery a month!!! Why does it take you a year to place a waiting list of patients for surgery ONE a month?? Apparently we need to find another surgeon that wants to do more than ONE surgery a month! Ridiculous!!!! This is the third time this year already with Tonsilitis

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

We were referred to Dr. Gooi by our family doctor. We had to drive to the city, four hours for this appointment, and he rushed us through. Maybe he was having a bad day? He is knowledgeable yes, but did not make us feel "important". Rather, after a few minutes of stating facts and percentages, he flatly asked "So do you want the surgery or not?" as though....it wasn't a big deal and I was the kind of mom who would put my son through a procedure for the fun of it. He never sat down with us, just stood and rambled out facts. I see that he has received many great reviews, but in our personal experience on that particular day, it felt like he didn't have time or interest in my son's case. We left feeling it was a total waste of our time.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

I have seen Dr. Gooi for many years. He has always been kind and helpful. He has excellent contacts and will make a referral when it is required. Unfortunately, he is working less and less these days and that makes it difficult to get an appointment.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

Dr. Gooi is a marvelous Dr. He is very compassionate and makes sure that I get seen by a specialist if he feels I need one. He always takes the time to listen to me and has a very good bedside manner. He is only one person and can only see sop many patients. He is a thoughtful man who doesn't hesitate to tell you how it is. It's unfortunate that there aren't more Dr.'s like Dr Gooi. Jeanette is fabulous and is a great asset to Westwood clinic. They always try and get you in as soon as possible. Thanks Dr Gooi and staff too bad there weren't more Dr's like you out there.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2014

front desk manager should learn some manners, she is rude and talks down to people, has done this for so many years that I am surprised that j. still works there. the desk and appointments are worst now then ever something is very wrong there.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Gooi's for decades. He was a good doctor in the early years, but he has now jumped on the profit bandwagon and the level of care/accessibility reflects that. He is rude, dismissive, and has no interest in listening to a description of concerns. To book a physical exam with him now takes a year in advance. To book a simple appointment with him as I just found out today will take until March 2015. His staff are no better.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

I have never managed to get in to see him within 20 minutes of my appointment time - and it is usually much later than that. This morning I had the first appointment of the morning, 8:00AM. Knowing how the clinic works, I got there at 7:30 and lined up outside in the cold, so I was the first one in line to see a doctor. Got into an exam room at 8:05, and didn't actually see Gooi until 8:35. At 8:30 I poked my head out the door of the room and asked why he was late, and was rudely told "He will get to you when he gets to you". Now to find a new doctor.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2013

Was actually a patient of another doctor at this clinic who i didn't like and a week after i gave birth to my daughter i was having trouble breathing and was wheezing really bad, i figured it was just my asthma so went to the walk in clinic to get a new inhaler and as dr. gooi always does he asked more questions instead of looking at the obvious, didn't like what he heard so he sent me directly back to a hospital with a note to get me in fast, lucky he did as i had fluid in my lungs due to a rare postpartum heart condition. Saved my life!!! Not only that, he was kind enough to take my husband and I as regular patients as my husband did not have a family doctor. A++ doctor.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2011