Ratings for Dr. H. Gooi

Dr Gooi, like all Dr at the clinic, is usually quite busy, but I'd still say he is better than most other Dr's I go to. Smart, on the ball and his diagnosis is usually totally correct. Staff are friendly and helpful. The only patients I see who wind up getting a little pushback are those who believe themselves to be more important than everyone else waiting their turn. When these people go up to the counter every 5 mins complaining the staff will point out a short wait is normal at all clinics. As to the odd negative comment made toward Jeanette, the front desk lady with British accent.. For the last two years one of the Dr's for whom she provides support services has been away from work for personal reasons. She has had to reschedule his complete service over And then over again when the Dr hasn't returned at the date he was aiming at to be back. She has done a fantastic job dealing with angry and frustrated patients who don't seem to realize Dr's are human too and can need time off. Jeannette has done a great job with tests or specialist reports fromreferred appointments that had been made months before. She has seen to it other Clinic Dr's have reviewed the files and has contacted patients with results. During all this she has been very pleasant to me and with other patients I have overheard. So stop imagining you are the most important person on this earth and put a little effort in coping with the circumstances and u will find u will get the attention u need in a pretty reasonable time. So to all the clinic staff thanks for ur caring efforts and here's hoping a replacement Dr comes along shortly so we can all be out from under the strain from these circumstances and people can rediscover their Sunday go to church manners

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

I have been going to Dr. Gooi since I was born, and I wouldn't have it any other way. He is a great doctor, has an awesome sense of humor, and really knows what he is talking about. He does have a long wait for available appointments, but there is good reason for it. He is always busy, and is great at his job. The lady at the front desk has always been very polite and nice to me. She has been there for years, and she seems to be great at her job.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

very personalable, caring and compassionate with a great sense of humour !

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

It is very hard to get an appointment with Dr.Gooi. For a simple annual checkup, you'd better be prepared to wait for a year. It is ridiculous. The front lady with British accent has been rude to patients for many years, unfortunately she was still there when last time I called not long time ago. I have switched my doctor. Of course they don't care as they have many many many patients, that's perhaps why they have a long waiting list.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

Terrible experience! Was sent to Dr. Gooi as he assured us that a surgery would be set for a year from last year (2015) I have called at least 4 times to his reception for the appointment as she would be impatient and rude as she was still booking for the year...called AGAIN and now we are informed he only does ONE surgery a month!!! Why does it take you a year to place a waiting list of patients for surgery ONE a month?? Apparently we need to find another surgeon that wants to do more than ONE surgery a month! Ridiculous!!!! This is the third time this year already with Tonsilitis

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

We were referred to Dr. Gooi by our family doctor. We had to drive to the city, four hours for this appointment, and he rushed us through. Maybe he was having a bad day? He is knowledgeable yes, but did not make us feel "important". Rather, after a few minutes of stating facts and percentages, he flatly asked "So do you want the surgery or not?" as though....it wasn't a big deal and I was the kind of mom who would put my son through a procedure for the fun of it. He never sat down with us, just stood and rambled out facts. I see that he has received many great reviews, but in our personal experience on that particular day, it felt like he didn't have time or interest in my son's case. We left feeling it was a total waste of our time.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

I have seen Dr. Gooi for many years. He has always been kind and helpful. He has excellent contacts and will make a referral when it is required. Unfortunately, he is working less and less these days and that makes it difficult to get an appointment.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

Dr. Gooi is a marvelous Dr. He is very compassionate and makes sure that I get seen by a specialist if he feels I need one. He always takes the time to listen to me and has a very good bedside manner. He is only one person and can only see sop many patients. He is a thoughtful man who doesn't hesitate to tell you how it is. It's unfortunate that there aren't more Dr.'s like Dr Gooi. Jeanette is fabulous and is a great asset to Westwood clinic. They always try and get you in as soon as possible. Thanks Dr Gooi and staff too bad there weren't more Dr's like you out there.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2014

front desk manager should learn some manners, she is rude and talks down to people, has done this for so many years that I am surprised that j. still works there. the desk and appointments are worst now then ever something is very wrong there.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Gooi's for decades. He was a good doctor in the early years, but he has now jumped on the profit bandwagon and the level of care/accessibility reflects that. He is rude, dismissive, and has no interest in listening to a description of concerns. To book a physical exam with him now takes a year in advance. To book a simple appointment with him as I just found out today will take until March 2015. His staff are no better.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014