Ratings for Dr. Sumon Bhattacharjee

Dr Sumon was VERY rude and extremely unhelpful. We called on a Saturday with an emergency, and he told us he knew nothing about what we needed to be seen for, and that we would have to wait until Monday to be seen. Needless to say, we ended up in the emergency room and he had to come in and perform emergency surgery on my sister. Before scrubbing in, he tried to tell us that we needed to take my sister to Milwaukee to do the surgery, and made us feel very uneasy about his skills as a surgeon. I would not recommend this surgeon, or Neuroscience as a group. They can't get their information straight and seem to have completely incompetent staff.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

You did a great job doing surgery. It has helped me get better. Thanks!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2016

Love this doctor, but the clerical staff is horrible. B- You're better off going into a private practice and getting away from the idiots that run this facility.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

I apoligize for the long post but wanted to be thorough. I was in to see Dr. B in 2014. When I initially called, I was told it would be 2-3 weeks to get in to see him. Then the receiptionist put me on hold and when she came back, she said he could see me that afternoon. I didn't question it, just figured there was a cancelation. I LEFT WORK EARLY for my 3:10 pm appt. However, I did not get in to see him until 4:45pm!! (There were several of us in the waiting room, quietly wondering what was taking so long.) Once I finally did see him, he was very short with me, like he was rushing through. He said they had double booked his appts all afternoon and it sounded like it was a regular occurance. Anyway, I was there to talk about the next step in my care, which was discussing surgery options, kind of a big decision. I have two hernitated discs in my low back with severe sciatica in my left leg and constant numbness on my right. This was a big deal for me as #1 I'm in ALOT of pain, but #2 this is a hard decision. I wanted to hear facts. I wanted to hear that he was confident he could help me. I didn't hear any of that. He blabbed on about how my job was the really issue (full time, desk work) and the fact that I was sooooo young (I'm 35-40). Not really anything I can do about either of those. It is what it is, what should I do? Leave my fantastic job and be in constant pain for another 10 years before you'll help me? Give me options, give me suggestions. I started to get emotional, I felt like he was attacking me. He then told me a story about how he had hurt his back once, just before xmas one year, and was in agony for over 24 hrs so he understands what I'm going through. OMG are you kidding me? I've been in constant pain for years and you're going to tell me about your "muscle spasms"? Really? Then the phone rang. The nurse on the other line told him that patients were walking out. He immediately stood up, shook my hand, and said "call me when you are ready to scheudule" and he left the room. Schedule what? I had no idea what procedue he would even do! I still had questions, I still had concerns. And why are those patients more important than me? I walked out of the office and it was 4:50 pm, I literally had 5 mins with him. I called my insurance company to complain but they said there was nothing they could do. I did technically see the doctor. So here it is, months later. I'm in agony everyday, torn between having to go back to see this inconsiderate louse and going with my gut. I wanted to go online to see some additional reviews. I know some are suspect and I don't believe everything I read on the internet. I also know that most poeple will only go online to complain, rarely to give good criticism. But what I read here and on other sites just solidified my concerns. So now that I've said all of this and re-read it, I've decided I'm going to get established with someone else, no matter how long it takes. Bottom line, if you have a choice in your care, please see a different doctor in a different office. There is a serious lack of patient concern here from office visit to, according to some other reviews, post surgery.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

I saw Dr. B and he is VERY VERY ARROGANT! I've seen his nurse practitioner for 2 months prior and she was very nice, communicated with me what my diagnosis was, and gave me a good feel for what the plan was. I then had a follow up appointment with Dr. B. Boy, was I in for a surprise. His solution was for me to change my smoking habit???? Yes, quitting smoking is something I need to do...But I was not in there for quitting smoking. I have a legitimate concern and did not listen to a word I said. And oh, by the way, the medication regiment that HIS assistant put me on...He just out right cut me off!!! What a joke!! STAY FAR FAR FAR AWAY.... He gives doctors a BAD NAME!!!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2012

Decidedly limited bedside manner.e.g. NEVER checked on me after surgery.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2011

Dr. B is an excellent surgeon, is very knowledgeable about treating scoliosis, and very caring. He personally went out of his way to call me back while he was out of his office to answer my question and make sure that I was ok. I highly recommend him as a doctor.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2009

This doctor made a serious mistake and would not own up to it. He is arrogant and will not let you question him. He releases patients too early so he can go on vacation. This led to serious complications. Another physcian had to correct his mistakes. Do not use this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2008

Dr. Sumon Bhattacharjee's Credentials

• Meharry Med Coll Sch Of Med, Nashville Tn 37208 (Grad. 1997)

Top Hospitals in Neenah, WI