Ratings for Dr. Roy Smith

Dr. Smith has been our family doctor for at least 34 years. We're so sorry to see him retire, but wish him all the best. He is very knowledgeable and compassionate, but never lectured or talked down to you - just suggestions about what you should be doing. He recognized serious issues, did what needed to be done and saved me from needing chemo. He never pushed pills, but offered them if I needed help sleeping through the stressful times of dealing with cancer. We wish you all the best in your retirement Dr. Smith. My only complaint is trying to phone his office. His assistant never answers the phone. It's always on voicemail - try back later.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2018

Dr. Smith is a family doctor. Family doctors are there to provide general medical opinions, advice and treatment. For urgent care visit an urgent care facility.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2018

Dr. Smith has been looking after myself and my entire family for over 20 years. He's a wonderful, patient, genuine and caring person. He takes the time to listen and ask questions which is hard to come by these days. His office assistant is always kind an helpful when I call. She does her best to get you in as soon as possible, especially if its urgent. Wonderful doctor, wonderful assistant!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

Docyir Smith has been my physician for 25 years. He is always helpful and knowlage able, and will refer you to a specialist if he feels he may be deficient in a particular knowlage area. Dr Smith's Office Assistant has always been courtious and helpull. She always tries to help me get i to see Dr. Smith as soon as is possible. She is upfront and honest about long it may be, and tries her hardest to help you see him sooner if there the matter is urgent. He is nearing retirement and on half days. It can be difficult to get through to his assistant to make an appointment. But this is to be expected with such a large patient base and an office only open half the day. Wit

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

Dr Smith has been my doctor for almost 20 years. I started seeing him when I was a child. His receptionist has always been polite and courteous on the phone, but there usually is a long wait to see him. I feel like he truly listens and takes the necessary steps to helping you become healthier.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

Been my family GP since the 80's. Last 10 years or so it has been extremely difficult to get into see him for anything, especially hard for annual physicals. His receptionist is miserable and seldom answers the phone. He is always behind, but that is pretty standard with all GPs these days. Last few appointments I've had he has been half checked-out and dismissive, like he is already on his fishing boat in the keys. If you want to retire so badly, then do it. Nobody wants a doctor who is just phoning it in. Disappointing, as he was great during my childhood and young adult years. Roy, fire the rude, unprofessional receptionist and hang up the coat if you dislike practicing medicine so much that you treat your patients like a chore.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

Doctor smith has been my doctor all of my life. As a matter of fact, he delivered me. Throughout the years he has taken very good care of me and my family. He is ALWAYS on time, never late, not even once. He is very compassionate as well. He takes the time to break things down for you in layman's terms, so you can fully grasp your situation. I always leave his office glowing with positivity, knowing that I'm in good hands. He's down to half days now, which would imply that his retirement is somewhere in the near future. It's kind of sad, as it will be very difficult to find a doctor to fill his shoes. When he does retire, I hope he enjoys his golden years. He definitely deserves it after such a good career.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

Dr. Smith has been my doctor for about 30 years and I find his knowledge, bedside manner, courteousness and friendliness outstanding. On the one occasion I called to speak to him, he actually came to the phone, which I didn't expect. Sorry to see him retiring soon, but he deserves it. All the best doc.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

Takes days to get through on the phone. Some people have to have special permission to make phone calls while at work so having to call over and over and over again is not acceptable. An answering machine would be amazingly!! Been looking for a new Dr as I have been suffering with chronic pain for over 10 years now and not receiving any helpful advice.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

I have been a patient for over 40 years in which Dr. Roy Smith and his team has provided outstanding medical service for me and my family.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2015