Ratings for Dr. Manfred Ziesmann

Had a few surgeries with Dr. Z. Was very happy with his service. Very helpful and gave me the best care possible. I definitely recommend him!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2018

Dr. M. Ziesmann is a good Cosmetic Surgeon. I had surgery on my right hand, and the surgery was good.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2018

A disaster. He claims he can do procedures that he clearly cannot do, then when he leaves you scarred and destroyed, he offers to fast track you through a Manitoba Health covered "revision." I paid for the first surgery and could not afford to continue to pay for a proper surgeon. He kept doing "revisions" and just made things worse. Left me permanently scarred. A total butcher. He has no business going near anyone with any surgical instruments.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

I came in contact with Dr. Z after a bad table saw accident. Feel very fortunate that he was on call at HSC ER that night - excellent job, regained full use of my finger now.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

Very impressed with staff and the entire process from beginning to the end

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

I have a lipoma on my forehead. Dr ziesman told me I should LEAVE it because "of where it is located there is a chance that removing it could cause paralysis to half my face." He never ordered any CT,MRI,XRAY or Ultrasound. He just looked at it and said that! 5 years later the bump has now got way bigger and I went to Dr Mitchell and he assured me it is am easy process to have it removed! I wouldn't see him, he clearly has no idea what he is doing.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

I went to Dr. Ziesmann for a breast lift, tummy tuck, and liposuction. He did a good job on the breast lift and so I felt confident he would do well for the other surgeries. He did liposuction in the wrong area and so I had to return to have it done correctly. He waived his personal fee but I still had to pay for everything else - anesthesia, nurse, etc. I should have learned but returned for another procedure which resulted in uneven results. He also did a tummy tuck . I felt butchered after the tummy tuck. Everything below my belly button is still numb (years after) and the tissue above my belly button sticks out. I have a flat stomach below my belly button and look pregnant above.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

I saw Dr. Ziesmann for surgery to repair a broken thumb, followed by at least 5–6 follow-up appointments. While he is not the most personable Doctor I've ever seen, he seems to know his stuff. Despite being completely shattered my thumb has healed far better than I expected based on the original diagnosis, and the scarring on my hand is minimal. As other reviewers have noted he is frequently late (I suspect this is due to the large amount of cases he handles), and his bedside manor leaves something to be desired, if that's important to you. Personally, as long as he fixes the problem, I really don't care about his personality. It's not as though we're going to be friends afterward.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

Dr Z been treating my portwine stain for over a year. He wrote a letter to MHC on my behalf to cover the procedure as I was experiencing headaches and associated facial pressure as the birthmark was on the left side of my face for the most part with some spreading to the other side of the face and neck area. He managed to make the case to have all treatments covered by the Manitoba Health including the areas the port wine birthmark had spread for obvious reasons. Each laser treatment would cost over $1200 and I have had 7 to 8 already with a couple more pending. In the initial consult a year ago we waited 1/2hr past the appointement time for Dr Z to attend but he gave us appx 45min of his personal time on the consult. He was very personable and yet professional, and went over his medical opinion and what procedure would follow and that he would write a letter to Manitoba Health to cover my treatments as a professional driver the pressure feeling and headaches the underlying deep blood pooling from the port wine stain birthmark was creating was interfering with my ability to earn a living. I am most grateful he was able to secure funding in my situation and to Manitoba Health as we could not have afforded it otherwise. During treatment sessions with his very attractive and personal nurse clinician "Jamie" she was very attentive-and the treatment sessions where she used the laser on my birthmark area was like an artist working on a painting. The session would oftenlast 45min to an hour but she never missed a beat paying great attention to care and detail. In my treatment sessions that followed with Dr Z when the eye area was involved? look Dr Z is not as attractive as jamie she's a 10-Dr Z maybe a 7 out of 10 lol (but I only swing from one side of the plate so to speak) -but Dr Z was no less caring or treating his work to be done as tho working on a piece or art canvas-in this case human skin. he is unpretentious-has a good sense of humor-and I found him never lacking beside manner and skills and always willing to take the time to answer any questions and explain what he's doing while he is doing it and prior to starting his procedure. In regards to him being late? well I never seen a good medical practitioner that is demand cuz their good-on time for an appointment. Goes with the territory and the type of work he does having him at the end of a laser or scalpel? is worth whatever wait is involved. Infact the one time he was on time was a month ago...and guess who showed up late? Yeah ...ME! :-) so go figure. The receptionists at the counter I have always found to be helpful friendly and engaging. The other patients or clients if you want to call them that in the waiting area? Another story. Most if not some? are hiding behind a paper or endlessly pretending to be looking at their cell phones afraid to look at the person next to them or beside them or be seen. Some are very beautiful women already coming to Dr Z's office for this procedure or that seeking perfection. there is no perfection. not even Dr Z can guarantee that. beauty is in the eye of the beholder. which explains why I been married for 40yrs...my wife is blind! jus kidding. she's got 20/20 vision and knew a good catch when she seen it. ME. Anyways...in closing? Dr Z would be my number one choice if needing plastics. He is my number one choice for laser treatment on a facial portwine stain &as anyone can understand when your dealing with your face and entrusting the outcome to a doc? You don't have one hand on their balls to squeeze into oblivion till they look like couscous in case they screw during the procedure- so you have to have confidence in their training, skill and expertise. Dr Z has not let me down. Some of the critics on this thread have not had to endure anything other than a beautification technique-a tummy tuck-breast enhancement this or that nor had to go thru a lifetime of sometimes ridicule due to disfigurement whether it be slight in my case or massive in others. Because of Dr Z young kids have a doctor who can spare them things at 58.5 years of age I endured thru the years of adolescence where one becomes concerned with more so with their appearances where at my age now-you laugh at them. Doctors don't enter medicine for the money. They emerge with massive student amounts of debt but enter the field to practise medicine. And you don't get into medicine less you have the prerequisite grades and personal recommendations from others. That some go on to specialty practises like DR Z and make a decent living for their delayed gratificational time spent in medical school should not be something to criticize but respect cuz guys like Dr Z could make 10 times the amount their making here in Manitoba just doing breast jobs in LA California (and much happier by the end of the day...I know I would be :-) ) Keep that in mind and perspective. Signed A grateful patient

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

I would not recommend him either. He did a tummy tuck on me and eye lid surgery over a year ago. My stomach has a dome sticking out and this has been there from the beginning and he told me it would go down. It didn't. I keep getting the run around and his receptionist is ignorant. He told me he can do the surgery to fix my scars on the eyes and the dome on my stomach , she told me i have to go on a waiting list. When I called to find out where I was on the list I never got a call back. When I was paying for the surgery they were great , when they have to fix the mess he made they won't return my calls.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017