Ratings for Dr. Manfred Ziesmann

I have had 3 surgeries with Dr. Manfred Ziesmann in Winnipeg. I knew him since he was in a doctor at HSC until he moved to his private practice on Portage Ave. So I can say I have had a long medical history with him as my plastic surgeon. My first surgery was for a breast reduction which he did a great job. The other two were to remove keloids which developed from the surgery. The keloids weren't because of him in any way whatsoever. Its a genetic condition. My two surgeries were to remove the keloids and I have to say I was happy with his work overall. The only thing which I experienced which I didn't like was my freeze medicine weared off right after the surgery. I have never been in so much pain in my life before or since! I don't know how any doctor would have that happen. I have read from previous reviews that it continues to happen which is truly a shame... and worth further investigation. Also after my last keloid surgery, I went to his office for a follow-up and he showed me a photo from his cellphone of me spread out on the surgery bed unconscious with my breasts showing - half naked - I was very SHOCKED and almost numb with humiliation that he had taken a photo of me half naked without my consent. Personally I think Dr. Manfred Ziesmann was a better doctor before his private practice. The freezing and my photo are the two MAIN issues I have with Dr. Manfred Ziesmann. I think over the years he has lost the meaning of being a GREAT plastic surgeon. Back in 2003, while he was at HSC, I'd say he was exception in the quality of care he provided his patients. $Money$ has done a number on him!

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

Ended up sobbing in the change room after. Did not get what I wanted he decided to whatever he felt like. Did not let the freezing kick in before hand I felt the scalpel, the sisscors and the needle when he sewed me up at the end. No questions answered. No care instructions or ANYTHING. EMOTIONALLY TRAMATIZING. Zero would have been better.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

I feel extremely lucky and blessed to have had the opportunity to have had Dr. Ziesmann as my plastic surgeon. He is extremely brilliant and his staff were wonderful!!!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

He's a monster....did a butcher job on my daughter's rhinoplasty. He was unapologetic, he got his money, he absolutely doesn't care about the mess he did. Now, my daughter is worse off and we are in the midst of looking for a "professional" surgeon to fix what he butchered! He was late and the staff had nothing to say!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

This man is a brute who does not care for human life, one of my best friends got her surgery done by Dr.Evil i mean Zeismann, and everything went perfect, until she got home, her breast implant filled with blood and bursted the poor stitching right open, the breast is swollen and about the size of a humans head, and this is from going from completely flat to that? Worse yet we go to the HSC hospital centre where she was forced to endure 4 hours of bleeding out in the waiting room before the hospital took her to a room to give her morphine and inject an IV. The hospital calls Dr. Z and explains her situation and he informed the hospital to let her bleed out for the night and he'd come in the morning. And now as i write my best friend and her sit in not a private hospital room they promised her, but a hallway curtain room with 5 other people around her. Canada's awesome healthcare 👌💯

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Dr Ziesmann performed surgery on my wrist at the Maples Surgical Centre & I can't say enough good things about the surgery, Dr Ziesmann, the staff & facility. He was on time for every appointment, answered all of my questions & the surgery was a success!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

My husband had an accident late last year and had to undergo emergency surgery. We heard that Ziesmann was a top notch surgeon with poor bedside manner and felt assured knowing he was in good hands. Following the initial emergency surgery he had several more to see if they could repair the damage from the accident. We had to be persistent with our questions because he gave us no answers willingly, he was at least an hour late to every appointment and he even had the nerve to tell my husband that what he saw from the surgery was an "optical illusion". There was only 1 instance when Ziesmann seemed relatable and human otherwise my husband was just another body on his table. The end of our medical relationship was finally after we exhausted all options and Ziesmann told us that's as good at it's going to get. We relied on our medical system because we had no choice, we put our trust and faith in this man to do the best job and to take care of the injury. Maybe it was to the best of his abilities but we've since sought out a 2nd opinion and the new surgeon cringed when we explained what was done to the injury site and almost immediately brought new options to the table. Seems like Dr. Ziesmann has been in the game far too long and has become numb to emotion and the well-being of his patients.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

Did a terrible job on my daughter's rhinoplasty, she now needs reconstruction

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

Please leave a comment with more details about your experience.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2016

Terrible wouldn't recommend anyone to him no drugs first very painful & messy work done by dr dr. ziesmann

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016