Ratings for Dr. Lauri Alto

Not professional at all. Rude, careless and shows he has absolutely no care for children. He shouldn’t be a doctor. My son is now 12 and I see nothing has changed.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2018

Dr alto mollested me as a child he would Make me get completely naked (I did not know this was not standard procedure until I became an adult) he would Make me turn around and would tell me “pretend your being arrested” and would slap my buttock he would Look inside my Private area I was under 6 years old and there was no need for this to be done please if you have had a similar experience I am hoping to bring this to light as he could possibly be harming other children.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2018

I actually was a patient of Dr Alto's as a kid, and I didn't care for him. While he was punctual and to the point, I had several issues that he disregarded completely even knowing they are very real to me. This guy is living in the past. When I told him I was having issues with anxiety he basically told me to man up and deal with it. That made my anxiety worse and I wondered for years if there was something wrong with me. If I had a proper doctor who could diagnose mental health issues, I feel I would have been much better off for it.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

Dr Alto mollested my daughter in front of me for aout 7 years. I was convinced it was normal for the doctor to examine my daughters privates for every visit, such as a chest infection. My child became so terrified of him that when she was terribly ill, she would refuse to see him. I was a single Mom and Dr Alto made me feel that I was a bad Mom and he had to check my child for signs of abuse. After years of seeing this evil man, my own child had to convince me that he would never let that man touch her again. We changed to another doctor within the same practise, which was awkward but the best thing I ever did. To this day, I am ashamed that Iet that man make me feel like a bad mother in order to touch my child.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

All 3 of my kids see Dr. Alto. His receptionist is the worst person I have ever met in my life. I understand she's busy but she's been nothing but rude and abrupt for the past 14 years that I've seen Dr. Alto. My middle daughter had constipation issues since she was an infant. I would always ask Dr. Alto about it when we had visits and he would always recommend more fibre, more fruits. 2 days before she was rushed to childrens emergency she wasn't eating, she had lost a lot of weight and she was very pale. He told me to buy suppositories. My 3 year old was so sick. The following day I took her to emergency and was told to come back the next day for an ultrasound. She was diagnosed with cancer and almost died. He did come to the hospital to check on her and apologized. I feel that Doctors now a days take on too many patients and money is more important than the lives of our children. Health professionals are supposed to be someone that we can trust, someone that looks out for our children. My kids now see Dr. Dangerfield who so far seems to be good.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

Dt alto is a excellent doctor. His staff work hard. They are a great team. My kids enjoy going to see dr alto. My oldest says that dr alto is his best friend.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

Receptionist never answers the phone! They do not remind you of your appointment. Dr. Alto is very nice but loud. Very LOUD! Always on time but sometimes too quick he is not personal with his patients. He defiantly loves his job but needs to slow down!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

Warning winnipeg mothers and expectant mothers, Dr Alto does not care about your child. My youngest daughter died while in his care at St. Boniface hospital. He has many bad reviews involving deaths or near deaths. Please people do not post positive reviews about a doctor if your child has never needed care. He does not care about you that is why his reviews say he is punctual; in and out service with no care! I can never get my daughter back but maybe our story can save your child. Please stay away from this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

His only positive trait is that he keeps a tight schedule. His staff is stressed out because of his hostile attitude, he is rude and arrogant. My wife brought my son in when he was nine weeks old, worried that he had pyloric stenosis (she was googling his symptoms). He was super offended, refused to check my son, made all kinds of inferences that my wife was stupid. A week later, we bring our son in again, this time he checks him, and rushes him into surgery at Children's Hospital that night. My son almost died because of this man's ego.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

He was great with first kid but when my second son almost died at 4 months because we were giving him water as well as formula, which we had told him, he became mean and nasty and made it so I left in tears and never took my son back. I suddenly understood the looks when we told the emergency room doctor who our pediatrician was

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017