Ratings for Dr. Lauri Alto

All 3 of my kids see Dr. Alto. His receptionist is the worst person I have ever met in my life. I understand she's busy but she's been nothing but rude and abrupt for the past 14 years that I've seen Dr. Alto. My middle daughter had constipation issues since she was an infant. I would always ask Dr. Alto about it when we had visits and he would always recommend more fibre, more fruits. 2 days before she was rushed to childrens emergency she wasn't eating, she had lost a lot of weight and she was very pale. He told me to buy suppositories. My 3 year old was so sick. The following day I took her to emergency and was told to come back the next day for an ultrasound. She was diagnosed with cancer and almost died. He did come to the hospital to check on her and apologized. I feel that Doctors now a days take on too many patients and money is more important than the lives of our children. Health professionals are supposed to be someone that we can trust, someone that looks out for our children. My kids now see Dr. Dangerfield who so far seems to be good.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

Dt alto is a excellent doctor. His staff work hard. They are a great team. My kids enjoy going to see dr alto. My oldest says that dr alto is his best friend.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

Receptionist never answers the phone! They do not remind you of your appointment. Dr. Alto is very nice but loud. Very LOUD! Always on time but sometimes too quick he is not personal with his patients. He defiantly loves his job but needs to slow down!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

Warning winnipeg mothers and expectant mothers, Dr Alto does not care about your child. My youngest daughter died while in his care at St. Boniface hospital. He has many bad reviews involving deaths or near deaths. Please people do not post positive reviews about a doctor if your child has never needed care. He does not care about you that is why his reviews say he is punctual; in and out service with no care! I can never get my daughter back but maybe our story can save your child. Please stay away from this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

His only positive trait is that he keeps a tight schedule. His staff is stressed out because of his hostile attitude, he is rude and arrogant. My wife brought my son in when he was nine weeks old, worried that he had pyloric stenosis (she was googling his symptoms). He was super offended, refused to check my son, made all kinds of inferences that my wife was stupid. A week later, we bring our son in again, this time he checks him, and rushes him into surgery at Children's Hospital that night. My son almost died because of this man's ego.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2017

He was great with first kid but when my second son almost died at 4 months because we were giving him water as well as formula, which we had told him, he became mean and nasty and made it so I left in tears and never took my son back. I suddenly understood the looks when we told the emergency room doctor who our pediatrician was

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

I distinctly remember Dr Alot long ago when he worked at the Medical Centre in Downtown. He replaced Dr.MacDonald, a excellent doctor that cared about children, and was friendly and compassionate. Dr. Alto in sharp contrast, was condescending, asked questions about sexual matters, when I was 12. I found it bizarre. I was diagnosed with a learning disability later on, and had depression as a kid. When he asked how I was doing in school (junior high), my mother who was in the room, said "not good, he is getting poor marks." Instead of asking about the root cause of the problem, Alto flew into a rage, raised his voice, and told us about his son, who got poor marks, declaring that his son would not be getting Christmas presents that year, as he was "lazy and didn't care" and that my parents should do the same to me. I was legitimately hurt. Three years later, I was diagnosed, and treated, and graduated with good marks. Alto is not only a poor Doctor, but a horrible human being.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017

Worst doctor. He swears. He did not check my daughter out but relied on nurse notes. My daughter died because of him. He had me force feeding her when she should not have been eating. He did not feel her stomach which would have shown she had a distended stomach. Walked in to the hospital room made crude jokes and walked out 2 days in a row. My daughter died on the third day.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

Do not send your children especially little girls he is creepy !!!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

Dr. Alto has been a fantastic doctor to my child. Dr. Alto is very knowledgeable and has a huge/wide background in ADHD as he teaches seminars on the subject and treatments all over North America. With Dr. Alto you have to come prepared with questions as he is very fast paced and he tells it like it is. He does not push medication on your children and he makes you do the research before officially prescribing major medication such as ADHD. I would highly recommend Dr. Alto. His receptionist works her butt off to keep up with the calls and manage appointments in and out. She doesn't get enough credit.

Submitted November 14, 2016