Ratings for Dr. Harold Nyhof

Horrible in so many ways. Very rude and slow to understand medical situations aside from his own interprétations. Makes sexual jokes and needs his license revoked. I can see this guy being the next doctor with a slew of sexually assulted patients taking him to court

flag | Submitted April 24, 2018

Not helpful at all pretty much told me to deal with my problem on my own and to keep suffering with my mental health problems at my job until it gets to the breaking point

flag | Submitted February 23, 2018

Dr Nyhof is the most arrogant self centred egotistical person I have every met He is a horrible doctor who does not care about his patients He will come into the too and make some inappropriate remark that he thinks is funny He sits down and his face is in the computer which he hides from you When I was try to eXlpain to him I need my meds to cover me while I'm away on holidays he didn't understand and told I was confused because of all the meds I'm on Even though I had not taken them. It felt like he was posturing for the med student in the room.when I raised concerns about my bp which was high. O don't have a hx of high bp.he blew me off 200/105 is significant . He tried to equate me like an alcoholic. Idont drink. He made me feel.samll like I had no intelligence. He was so disrespectful dehumanizing a bully and of no help.tp me. He has misdiagnosed 2 friends of mine who now are being tx for camcer i. Don't trust him or his knowledge. He will never touch me But being the only doctor he said no.pne would.take care.pf me if I complain. I did once call the manager Jim Dear And the first words put of his mouth was( I know who you are and all about You!) In a very loud voice There is no way that environment is helpful It is a very toxic environment and I hate going .the bp rises I can't breath .I'm up all night having anxiety attacks. HE SHOULD NOT BE A DOCTOR

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

Really good at "dad jokes" (intense sarcasm, because I couldn't stand his icebreakers at every appointment), and also didn't give a flying F*&^ about my legitimate physical problems. Convinced I was a hypochondriac with a mental disorder, probably because I am female. I had anxiety before every appointment because I knew it would be a drag and involve me begging for help or a referral. You might be wondering why I didn't just switch GP's? Reason is I filed a complaint about another doctor and was assigned him. He told me if I followed through with my complaint, no one would help me around there in my community with 1 doctor clinic. I was worried if I switched doctors I would in fact a) get a worse one, b) continue to be wrongly labelled. I naively thought I could make him realize I was a sane, rational person, with a legitimate physical problem that needed fixing. Ultimately, he really slowed down my healing, put up roadblocks to referrals, procedures and tests. However, he was never afraid to open up his perscription pad. I believe he is in this field for the money, a mysogynist, and has lost his spark for medicine (assuming it was there at one point that is). The hypocratic oath in medicine is nonmaleficence (First do no harm), and he harmed me by dragging his feet and making my nightmare of chronic pain last longer than it needed to. After many years, I am currently 85% pain free, back at work full time, and all because I pressured him to give me a referral for a surgery in which he advised me against. I am getting my life back, if only I could take back the last five years. I can hardly wait until we can get two tier health care. The health care in Manitoba is disgusting, bad practitioners are not penalized (unless it involves molestation, but killing and maiming patients is perfectly fine) and I wish I could have self-referred to a specialist, like you can in the USA without wasting time, pleading, and begging. In this case, Nyhof was not steering my ship, he was my anchor.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

We met Dr. Nyhof for the first time this week. He is very friendly and calm. He helped us out with more than any other Doctor ever has. He was knowledgeable and helpful. I am sorry that other people have had problems here. Remember many people who have negative things to post more than people that have nice things to say. I see sso few posts here I wonder how many patients he has helped in his career that have not posted here? I think this Dr. is a great addition to the Access Clinic beside the Grace Hospital.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

I can't believe he has been accepted to practice in yet another city! I first saw Dr Nyhof in 1987 when I was pregnant with my first child. He was funny, yes, but that doesn't heal people. I didn't listen to all the people who had told me family members died under his care. I thought it was an exaggeration, yet I didn't really trust him with serious health issues. But how do you know you have serious health issues, if your doctor can't find them? I recommended him to my mother in 2000, and for a few years more we each trusted him unknowingly. I stopped seeing him when I moved out of the city - but my poor mother continued on. She is lucky to be alive, no thanks to Dr Nyhof! She had a vaginal cancer, and was bleeding at the age of 60! He told her it was nothing. Then a few months later, she went back, still, don't worry about it, we'll see how it is in a few more months. She finally had gone to a specialist for another issue, and mentioned it to him. He immediately got her into a cancer doctor, and forced Dr N to give her the pap smear she had been asking him for. He said since she didn't have a cervix after a hysterectomy, she didn't need a pap smear. WELL - how wrong was he!! She ended up with Stage 3 Vaginal cancer, and if not for the aggressive chemo, radiation, and another treatment I can't recall the name of (she had to be flown to Toronto for it) she would not be alive today 15 years later! he grudgingly gave her the pap smear, then sent it to the wrong hospital, further delaying treatment. He never once apologized, or took responsibility for his actions. My dad went into the office to confront him. I wrote him a letter, explaining his fault. I even reported him the the Physicians & Surgeons office. And YET - he still is allowed to practice witch doctor medicine! Unbelievable!! PLEASE - if you are looking for reviews on this Mad Man - DO NOT trust him with your life, if you value it!!!!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

Dr. Nyhoff is now meeting the needs of patients in The Pas. As far as I'm concerned, he is very punctual, actually warns against unnecessary use of medications, has a great rapport with his patients, and demonstrates considerable clinical experience. Speaking from the point of view of one who deals with parents, children, and a number of professionals from a variety of disciplines, I can unequivocally say that he engenders a sense of trust and commitment to good care. I'm glad he takes the time to come up north. His humor is an added bonus.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

Awful doctor!! Arrogant and unhelpful. He doesn't explain much and doesn't seem to listen (continuously types on his computer during the appointment)

Submitted April 16, 2015

Dr. Nyhof is a pompous jerk.While I was his patient I was suffering from reoccurring bouts of virtigo and when I asked him what are the causes of virtigo he simply looked at me over his glasses and shrugged his shoulders . At the Access River East where he was practising he made a comment to me about the free condoms that they supplied at the A.R.E. saying they should all be cherry flavoured . I as well work in the health care field and found his lack of professionalism and his propensity for telling off colour jokes very telling about his character . I also work with seniors and a few of them had had Dr. Nyhof as their doctor , there were no tears shed by them on behalf of the Dr. as they as well found him to be lacking sorely in both skill and class. I think that these seniors would rather have been treated by a Dr. who wants to HONOR the Hypocratic Oath rather than try to find ways to make as much money off of his patients as possible . Even though he came back to 'practise', hmm that about sums it up he was only practising , as I've said before once I take out the trash I don't bring it back in .

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

Dr. Nyhof was my doctor when he was on Main Street, at first he was okay although he shared an office with another doctor whom the receptionist said was too cheap to hire a receptionist of his own so she had to do all the work. My sister also went there along with my Brother-in-law. I had thankfully found a different doctor so wasn't there when he left. But he closed up shop and didn't give people their charts. He told my sister he was being hired by the WHRA and would be teaching. Unfortunately, he ended up moving but he ended up being my mother's doctor. I can't repeat the horror stories so many of the residents of a seniors' apartment said about him and how one women totally thought he killed her husband by prescribing a medication he wasn't supposed to take. It was bad enough when he worked with his wife , I can't imagine what it would be like with his daughter there. Good work WHRA, the system has gone down the tubes since you took over in oh so many ways. Why do we have to accept you? Next election I'm making it a priority to find out what good you do.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014