Ratings for Dr. Kenneth P.F. Kemkaran

If you don't mind waiting 2 hours for you appointment this guy is for you. Even the receptionist admitted he comes in when he feels like it. Thinks very highly of himself and does not think your time is important.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

Dr. K like to talk, wish it was more about me than him. He does cancel and you have to wait, but my previous doctor booked an appointment every 3 minutes. Dr. K waiting 30 mins - hour well worth the wait. He is the most thorough doctor in Winnipeg. Previous doctor wouldn't even take my blood pressure and if I complained about something he said he would not strain medical society. Dr. Ken cares more about you and helping and taking time for you. He is great!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

I went to see Dr. Kemkaran because my regular Dr. Is away on vacation. It was during the lunch hour. There were 3 people ahead of me. I got in within 20 mins. Dr K was very friendly and professional. He gave me the most extensive physical examination. He answered my questions and took the time to explain the effects of the medication and corrected the misconception I had. He sent me for a fasting blood test. Something my regular physician never did. I am very impressed with Dr. Kemkaran. I will see him at rhe follow up apointment and will probably become his regular patient. It's hard to find a Dr who takes new patients and his office is only one block from my home.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

I saw Kemkaran first at an old clinic with my parents at their very adamant advice. They insisted he was a very good doctor who was very nice. I later found out that it is only because he is a friend of my mom's husband. Anyway, the guy had us waiting for a long time, like a lot longer than usual for an empty waiting room. But I suppose this didn't really matter since it was he first time and I wasn't bothered. I went to see him for depression, where he actually told me that I didn't seem depressed. All because I laughed at a joke. I was really offended and disturbed by this person's immediate judgement of my personality when he didn't even know me. But he wrote me a prescription for something and sent me on my way. Against my own instincts I listened to my parents again and made a new appointment sometime later, at the new clinic in City Place. Well the wait times are much worse here, and this time I noticed the immediate shift in the friendliness of the staff, they are flat out ignorant. The receptionists seem very young and awfully pretty. Coincidence? They let you stand there for 10 mins before they acknowledge you. I mean I work in a busy restaurant and we always say hi to people coming in so I disagree with this part. You could easily increase the friendliness with this single improvement. Patients are not numbers, they are people. After several times visiting this clinic, out of the blue they tell me I can't see Kemkaran because he's not my doctor. What the heck? I've been seeing the guy for over a year and now he's not my doctor? They tell me I can only been seen as a walk in. Needless to say I've been back once since because my daughter was ill and we happened to be downtown quickly enough to avoid the wait time. A different doctor has seen us at this clinic since. My overall opinion of Kemkaran is that he is seriously lacking in people skills, he is rude and made me feel self conscious, first by judging my behaviour and second by coming onto me a bit. He didn't outwardly say it but his general attitude towards me was a bit sexual and I didn't appreciate it.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

Appointment was at 10:15am, left at 11:15am with out being seen with 3 people ahead of me. DO NOT GO TO THIS PLACE be warned

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

Highly recommend, friendly knows lots and very aware and up to date

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

You will always have to wait a long time for this doctor. He is never on time and talks to much.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

Staff are OK, but likely stressed most of the time because Dr K always seems to run so late. The Dr spends most of the appointment time talking about himself, his new clinic and his crazy ex wife. The medical stuff seems secondary.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

Nice guy but never on time, often runs hours late if he even shows up. When he does see you he spends most if not all of the time talking about his revenue stream, his new clinic, adding a lab and how much money he is going to make.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2016

We showed up at our appointment only to find out that he had cancelled ours to go to another appointment! Even though we were both at work all day, his assistant left a message on our landline on the same day. Total flakes, will never go back.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015