You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Kenneth P.F. Kemkaran

Dr. K like to talk, wish it was more about me than him. He does cancel and you have to wait, but my previous doctor booked an appointment every 3 minutes. Dr. K waiting 30 mins - hour well worth the wait. He is the most thorough doctor in Winnipeg. Previous doctor wouldn't even take my blood pressure and if I complained about something he said he would not strain medical society. Dr. Ken cares more about you and helping and taking time for you. He is great!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

I went to see Dr. Kemkaran because my regular Dr. Is away on vacation. It was during the lunch hour. There were 3 people ahead of me. I got in within 20 mins. Dr K was very friendly and professional. He gave me the most extensive physical examination. He answered my questions and took the time to explain the effects of the medication and corrected the misconception I had. He sent me for a fasting blood test. Something my regular physician never did. I am very impressed with Dr. Kemkaran. I will see him at rhe follow up apointment and will probably become his regular patient. It's hard to find a Dr who takes new patients and his office is only one block from my home.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

I saw Kemkaran first at an old clinic with my parents at their very adamant advice. They insisted he was a very good doctor who was very nice. I later found out that it is only because he is a friend of my mom's husband. Anyway, the guy had us waiting for a long time, like a lot longer than usual for an empty waiting room. But I suppose this didn't really matter since it was he first time and I wasn't bothered. I went to see him for depression, where he actually told me that I didn't seem depressed. All because I laughed at a joke. I was really offended and disturbed by this person's immediate judgement of my personality when he didn't even know me. But he wrote me a prescription for something and sent me on my way. Against my own instincts I listened to my parents again and made a new appointment sometime later, at the new clinic in City Place. Well the wait times are much worse here, and this time I noticed the immediate shift in the friendliness of the staff, they are flat out ignorant. The receptionists seem very young and awfully pretty. Coincidence? They let you stand there for 10 mins before they acknowledge you. I mean I work in a busy restaurant and we always say hi to people coming in so I disagree with this part. You could easily increase the friendliness with this single improvement. Patients are not numbers, they are people. After several times visiting this clinic, out of the blue they tell me I can't see Kemkaran because he's not my doctor. What the heck? I've been seeing the guy for over a year and now he's not my doctor? They tell me I can only been seen as a walk in. Needless to say I've been back once since because my daughter was ill and we happened to be downtown quickly enough to avoid the wait time. A different doctor has seen us at this clinic since. My overall opinion of Kemkaran is that he is seriously lacking in people skills, he is rude and made me feel self conscious, first by judging my behaviour and second by coming onto me a bit. He didn't outwardly say it but his general attitude towards me was a bit sexual and I didn't appreciate it.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

Highly recommend, friendly knows lots and very aware and up to date

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

Staff are OK, but likely stressed most of the time because Dr K always seems to run so late. The Dr spends most of the appointment time talking about himself, his new clinic and his crazy ex wife. The medical stuff seems secondary.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

Nice guy but never on time, often runs hours late if he even shows up. When he does see you he spends most if not all of the time talking about his revenue stream, his new clinic, adding a lab and how much money he is going to make.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2016

We showed up at our appointment only to find out that he had cancelled ours to go to another appointment! Even though we were both at work all day, his assistant left a message on our landline on the same day. Total flakes, will never go back.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

Dr K's receptionist has to be the biggest airhead I ever met! Nothing else to say about her without getting to pissed off. Once you finally get into his office he does not rush you and spends all the time you need...this why you wait so long to get in, He is very thorough! They have no concept of Time. If i need an appointment I try to book for 9 am as I know he may see me by 9:30 if I am lucky, otherwise I know its at least 2 - 4 hours after my scheduled appointment to see him..have walked out twice now! Maybe start to search for another Dr soon!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

Dr. Kenneth P.F. Kemkaran's Credentials

MB Health

Updates

• A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. K like to talk, wish it was more about me than him. He does cancel and you have to wait, but my previous doctor booked an appointment every 3 minutes. Dr. K..."

April 4, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I went to see Dr. Kemkaran because my regular Dr. Is away on vacation. It was during the lunch hour. There were 3 people ahead of me. I got in within 20 mins. ..."

March 3, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I saw Kemkaran first at an old clinic with my parents at their very adamant advice. They insisted he was a very good doctor who was very nice. I later found out..."

March 3, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Appointment was at 10:15am, left at 11:15am with out being seen with 3 people ahead of me. DO NOT GO TO THIS PLACE be warned "

January 25, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Highly recommend, friendly knows lots and very aware and up to date "

January 15, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "You will always have to wait a long time for this doctor. He is never on time and talks to much. "

January 14, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Staff are OK, but likely stressed most of the time because Dr K always seems to run so late. The Dr spends most of the appointment time talking about himsel..."

January 12, 2016
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Nice guy but never on time, often runs hours late if he even shows up. When he does see you he spends most if not all of the time talking about his revenue stre..."

January 11, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "We showed up at our appointment only to find out that he had cancelled ours to go to another appointment! Even though we were both at work all day, his assistan..."

November 9, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr K's receptionist has to be the biggest airhead I ever met! Nothing else to say about her without getting to pissed off. Once you finally get into his office..."

October 15, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Kemkaran because my current GP was retiring, and Dr. Kemkaran was accepting new patients. I waited for an hour past my appointment time. Okay, I've wa..."

September 12, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Worst doctor ever I would rather be eaten alive by a crocodile then let that very rude jerk touch me. I think he was getting off by touching me what a pig"

June 25, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I sat in the waiting room for 3.5 hours and had no one even say it will be a long wait. I seen 6 people who are pissed off get up and leave because of the man..."

June 25, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr Kemkaran a few months ago. I had a full checkup and blood work done. He is exceptionally thorough and very intelligent and caring. I have ..."

February 4, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I've been a patient if Dr. Kemkaren now for about 10 years. In that time I've always waited 2-4 hours even with an appt. today was the last straw when my dau..."

November 21, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "very friendly knowledgeable doctor. would recommend to anybody."

September 22, 2014