Ratings for Dr. Ruben J. Lopez

Dr. Lopez and his staff are truly amazing. After a recent health scare with my 9 yr old, Dr. Lopez immediately took care of my son. Dr. Lopez was able to get my son into a pediatric cardiologist for diagnostic testing within days. Thankfully all went well and my son has no problems. Dr. Lopez and his staff were truly caring and helped me from beginning to end to get my son's health taken care of. My son absolutely adores Dr. Lopez, as well as I do. He treats my son like a "little man" by shaking his hand, asking him questions directly. My son feels "grown up" after having a visit with Dr. Lopez. AND not to forget the office staff, as well as the nurses, they are caring , are absolutely exemplary and are always helpful. My only regret is not finding Dr. Lopez and his staff sooner!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I had to change doctors from him he would not release my childs records either so I went in and paid for them and took them to the new doctor. He has misdiagnosed my child 1 to many times. He is loud and just really doesn't care. He has a high turn around staff and none of them are nice. Everyone is rude. Must be something he asked in an interview. If you are rude you get the job. Just wants money.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

Worst Doctor ever he should not have a license. I'm surprised he still does. He is known for misdiagnosis on almost every child he sees. His staff is rude he's rude. Ya there is never a wait time because what does that tell you?!?!? He sucks so no one is going to him. Most importantly for the safety of your child go else where. He should be shut down

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

Awful. Please take your children else where. I have never met such a rude doctor and staff!!!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

DR. Lopez is extremely rude and unprofessional. During my first visit with my 3 year old Dr. Lopez told me that since I decided to not fully vaccinate my child (personal choice) that he could only hold his hand as he died. After he scared me to death and I agreed to the shots he never followed up with what shots were needed after several calls to the office for an update. The office staff is extremely rude. They allowed my step son's biological Mother (had no custody of her son until he was 9 years old) to change my 3 year olds appointment which was needed for school....and I PAY FOR BOTH KIDS INSURANCE. He now will not release my step son's medical records to my husband so that we can change providers. Awful.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

I like how my post keeps getting deleted. Dr Lopez is by far the worst doctor EVER! Take your children out he loud doesn't care about anyone but himself and misdiagnosed my child so bad I had to take her to the ER and another doctor he shouldn't have a license at all. He's unprofessional and just wants money he's greedy! Take your children out before God forbid something happens

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

Worst doctor EVER! If your child is seeing him remove them. He's loud rude and does nothing my child was sick for a month after I took her to the ER and another doctor to find out he didn't give her the right medicine at all..... I even called him to ask what else to do and his response was "don't know what to tell ya" take her to the ER again....then he hung up on me. He's a scammer he lies and the office charges you for unknow visits and then claims you have to pay. I highly recommend you take your children out of there ASAP! My daughter is now okay after centra care and her new doctor have taken action dr Lopez never checked my daughters breathing she has bronchitis, he never checked her ears correctly and she has a double ear infection so bad it was bubbling in her ears and never swabbed her for the flu that she also had but he sure took my money every time I went In and told me to buy over the counter medicine He doesn't care about anyond but himself!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

I like how the people that praise him don't put their name. However, he is the worst doctor I have been too. He is loud and too quick in the room. How can you do a good exam on a child without looking over them completely. He will listen to them but doesn't check the ears, nose throat anything like that. My child had strep throat. I had to take him to Centra Care. -Jamie J

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

Our two children have been seeing Dr. Lopez for about 10 years. We trust him. The kids like him. He is a trusted by us to take good care of the most important people in our lives.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

Besides the bad reviews, not only here but in different forums I decided to give it a try, after all I am the type of person that likes to make my own opinion. I am so sorry on doing so and I regret it so much. This is not the type of doctor you want to take your child. Several reasons are listed: he is loud and scary to childrens, it is clear he does not enjoys being a pediatrician, diagnoses are inaccurate, staff is always tense and rude, parents concerns seems irrelevant to him, he is not patient with kids that at their age are normally scared to anything thay looks feels and is a doctor, etc. I took my child for checkups because of a high fever 3 times and nothing was found. The 4th time he was diagnosed with a severe ear infection and other complications but this time by a different pediatrician. Please don't take kids to this doctor, teenagers or school forms are ok but nothing else.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2013

Dr. Ruben J. Lopez's Credentials

• Univ Of Ks Sch Of Med, Kansas City Ks 66103 (Grad. 1993)