Ratings for Dr. Samer Alamir

This doctor is one of the best. He listens to your concerns and is genuine. I believe that he is knowledgeable about all kinds of medications and advises accordingly. He definitely prescribes the best Rx for the diagnosis and does not prescribe a medication because a pharmaceutical company is pushing it. He has helped me beyond measure and I can't praise this Dr enough!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2015

This is a compassionate Dr., who does indeed listen to your concerns about medications, before he just places you on them. I do feel he is knowledgeable about medications and does not push you onto them because the drug companies are pushing some new magic pill. He really worked with me to reduce side effects and finding help for my symptoms and was kind and prompt for my appointment, every interaction I had with him. That is rare for a psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2014

This physician is a medication management specialist. If you're used to a doctor that is also a therapist, this is not perhaps the guy for you. He is of the school that medication is the way to go. I feel that there is very little give and take regarding the choice of medicine. So, if you blindly trust him, then you're okay. If you like input (with your meds), go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2013

Dr. Alamir has helped me with his knowledge, help, and patience - I am a very complex case and he has helped me out of many dark places. He is not a pill pusher as mentioned in another review. Everyone he helps is unique, so he tries meds that are clinically proven to help most people with their symptoms. However, he's wise enough to know when to adjust meds if they are not being effective. Dr. Alamir listens and has a good "bedside" manner. If you are looking for a talk therapist, see a psychologist first - that is their specialty!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2010

Very professional, thorough, knowledgeable, and personable. It took 2-3 months to get in for the initial intake, but appointments after that are easy to get.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2009

I didn't feel I got a lot out of this with his Westlake office, although his secretary is really sweet and helpful. He seemed more interested in pushing pills than actually listening to anything I said.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2009

Dr. Samer Alamir's Credentials

• Univ Of Damascus, Fac Of Med, Damascus, Syria (Grad. 1992)

Secure Horizons