Ratings for Dr. J. Mayba

Knowledgeable. A good listener. Ask him a direct question & you'll likely receive an answer. BUT he's very busy. I've never waited less than three hours past my time of appointment. Sometimes longer.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

well, he gave me c difficile by prescribing antibiotiocs i didnt need , my lymph nodes were enlarged (indicating infection), HE SAID I HAD STREP THROAT (WITHOUT DOING A SWAB) THE ER DOCTOR SAID THE ANTIBIOTICS HE GAVE ME WERE ANCIENT AND SAID THAT HE FELT LIKE THROWING UP JUST LOOKING AT THE BOTTLE! he wont give me my pnemonia shots - which i need due to weakened immune system, i was hospitalized twice in 2 months, had a ruptured cyst, he said no i dont, and prescribed me a pill that i cant stop cold turkey and discontinued prescription. he also pushes seroquel and remeron. he also had kept doubling a dose of sleeping pills every month and didnt tell me there would be withdrawl symptoms and expected me to go from 150mg to zero and the hospital said I would die if i did that. if you have a serious medical condition he wont take care of it = i have a history of tumors and cancer and he wont send me for a proper test like a ct scan just a chest xray. IF YOU WANT TO LIVE, GO TO another doctor!!!! maybe hes good at putting LAZY HEALTHY people on DISABILITY (IF HES FRIENDS WITH THE PATIENTS FAMILY ,MEMBER AND LIES ABOUT THE PATIENT HAVING ADD..WHAT A CROCK...) I AM GETTING ANOTHER DOCTOR. READ WHO THE TOP DOCTORS ARE AND START CALLING ONE BY ONE! IF YOU HAVE CANCER AND A WEAKENED IMMUNE SYSTEM AND A HISTORY OF LARGE TUMORS, THIS GUY WILL GIVE YOU REMERON WHICH IFOR PEOPLE WHO HEAR VOICES. YEAH. IFR YOUR FAMILY KNOWS HIM, HE WILL KISS YOUR A** AND PUT YOU ON DISABILITY FOR NO DARN REASON F*** THAT!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

please stay away from this doctor if you want to live! he doesn't care one bit about anyone's health but his own wifes, if hes not on phone while you're sitting there he'll be trying to rush you out

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017

I find and others I know is the most ignorant Doctor I have ever been to. The waiting is questionable and the staff is uncaring to anyone in to see him. I wish I new how much he is paying the medical association to keep his licence because after what I have read about this wannabe he should have been gone years ago so witch proves to me he is paying someone to keep his practice going. Now Manitoba health give the people a good answer.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Mayba for 4 years. Yes- he does run well behind schedule but is never impatient even if we have more than one symptom. He is a good diagnostician and is very patient with me and other elderly patients. I have always found his staff pleasant, inspite of the workload, and helpful in finding openings even for an urgent appointment. I do not regret the wait or the parking fees.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

dr mayba is the best doctor i ever had very caring saved me from having a stroke or worse reffered me to the right specialist i had severe carotid stenosis i gave him a five star rating

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

Dr Mayba is a good doctor. His wait times CAN be long. One time I came in during a snow storm and was seen right away...and it was a snow storm! The doctor and staff were there. It really depends on how many people are ahead of you. If you see people who seemingly just came in, & get called before you..they may have already checked in, gone out and come back. I usually check in, and go for coffee and come back. I get a lot of reading done in the waiting room! He WILL send you for a second opinion (in the same building, sometimes!) if he is unsure about something. Great doctor. Bring a book or book as early as possible. Appointments begin at 6AM !

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Dr. Mayba does truly listen to your concerns without making you feel uncomfortable or overly rushed, that's a major quality by far for any physician, he has been my doc for a few years. He is knowledgeable for the most part, staff is friendly only had one minor issue when trying to reach the office. Good thing about the office is that it is close to HSC so different specialities and equipments are within reach. When it comes to wait times, brace yourself! Especially if you are new you could lose your mind, don't go with the expectation of being seen by the doc upon arrival or as scheduled, it is actually getting better lately, used to be 4 hrs wait time now it's between 2:30 to 3 hrs. I think they reduced overbooking so you can be done more or less within that time frame, nearly avoiding parking ticket ($5 for 2.5 hrs). I think some people arrive 1hr after their scheduled time in order to reduce their waiting time, maybe that's why you see people who came after you having their names called before you. Although there is a sign saying wait time can be long, it is a problem if you have a job and your boss can't count on you or you rather be somewhere else. The slideshows on the TV screens display entertaining and very interesting health related info, but definitely bring something to distract you because you are in for for the looong hall my friend.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

I love Dr Mayba, yeah his wait times are long and yeah sometimes things can be misdiagnosed but overall I think he's a really good Doctor. He always refers you to a "specialist" if he cannot resolve the issue or is not sure about it. He may not be the Doctor for everyone but he is a really good Doctor, he's very reassuring. Sure he has a lot of patients and the wait times are very long but would you rather not have a doctor at all or have a doctor where you have to wait long to see?

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

Books 12 patients per hour. Always 3 hours behind by 10 a.m. If you are employed,...avoid this office like the plaque.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016