Ratings for Dr. J. Mayba

You wait 3 to 4 hours to see this dr and he’s not that good ... rushes you and doesn’t answe your questions

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

Ridiculous. 9 a.m. appointment---you will be lucky to see him at 11.a.m. If your appointment is latter----bring dinner and a BIG book. you will b e there 2.5 to 5 hours. He appears to book 12 appointments per hour, at least. . 7 a,m, to 3:30. If you are retired and have no life,...this is a great doctor......be prepared to spend the day. He considers it lucky that you have got to see him. He is thorough and knowledgeable. Do not bother to complain to the Clinic management----the "management consists of a Book-keeoer sort and his secretary. Mayba brings in big bucks to the clinic and therefore can do what he wants. His extra fees are high. Parking is expensive. I could not afford to see him anymore---missed too much work, my clients come 1st---there are other doctors .who do respect you, and your time...this is not one of them.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

He over charges for completing forms. He charged my elderly Aunt $100.00 per page to complete forms!!!!! Now he wants another $100.00 for her medical records!!!! And he is NEVER on time.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2017

Mayba never keeps his apt time . The staff has a poor attitudes when anything is brought forward . Great if your retired or have no other timeline to keep . I would Not recommend Dr Mayba to friends or family . Dr Maybe seems very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

Knowledgeable. A good listener. Ask him a direct question & you'll likely receive an answer. BUT he's very busy. I've never waited less than three hours past my time of appointment. Sometimes longer.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

well, he gave me c difficile by prescribing antibiotiocs i didnt need , my lymph nodes were enlarged (indicating infection), HE SAID I HAD STREP THROAT (WITHOUT DOING A SWAB) THE ER DOCTOR SAID THE ANTIBIOTICS HE GAVE ME WERE ANCIENT AND SAID THAT HE FELT LIKE THROWING UP JUST LOOKING AT THE BOTTLE! he wont give me my pnemonia shots - which i need due to weakened immune system, i was hospitalized twice in 2 months, had a ruptured cyst, he said no i dont, and prescribed me a pill that i cant stop cold turkey and discontinued prescription. he also pushes seroquel and remeron. he also had kept doubling a dose of sleeping pills every month and didnt tell me there would be withdrawl symptoms and expected me to go from 150mg to zero and the hospital said I would die if i did that. if you have a serious medical condition he wont take care of it = i have a history of tumors and cancer and he wont send me for a proper test like a ct scan just a chest xray. IF YOU WANT TO LIVE, GO TO another doctor!!!! maybe hes good at putting LAZY HEALTHY people on DISABILITY (IF HES FRIENDS WITH THE PATIENTS FAMILY ,MEMBER AND LIES ABOUT THE PATIENT HAVING ADD..WHAT A CROCK...) I AM GETTING ANOTHER DOCTOR. READ WHO THE TOP DOCTORS ARE AND START CALLING ONE BY ONE! IF YOU HAVE CANCER AND A WEAKENED IMMUNE SYSTEM AND A HISTORY OF LARGE TUMORS, THIS GUY WILL GIVE YOU REMERON WHICH IFOR PEOPLE WHO HEAR VOICES. YEAH. IFR YOUR FAMILY KNOWS HIM, HE WILL KISS YOUR A** AND PUT YOU ON DISABILITY FOR NO DARN REASON F*** THAT!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

please stay away from this doctor if you want to live! he doesn't care one bit about anyone's health but his own wifes, if hes not on phone while you're sitting there he'll be trying to rush you out

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017

I find and others I know is the most ignorant Doctor I have ever been to. The waiting is questionable and the staff is uncaring to anyone in to see him. I wish I new how much he is paying the medical association to keep his licence because after what I have read about this wannabe he should have been gone years ago so witch proves to me he is paying someone to keep his practice going. Now Manitoba health give the people a good answer.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Mayba for 4 years. Yes- he does run well behind schedule but is never impatient even if we have more than one symptom. He is a good diagnostician and is very patient with me and other elderly patients. I have always found his staff pleasant, inspite of the workload, and helpful in finding openings even for an urgent appointment. I do not regret the wait or the parking fees.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

dr mayba is the best doctor i ever had very caring saved me from having a stroke or worse reffered me to the right specialist i had severe carotid stenosis i gave him a five star rating

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017