Ratings for Dr. J. Mayba

This so called Dr is a joke. Wait for3 to 6 hours minimum. He's still my Dr but I don't make appointments to see him for over 18 mths and I just get my pharmacy to fax his office for monthly meds. I have 2 specialists to deal with my chronic conditions. Mayba refused to give me an MRI scan and xrays on my spine, so I got a referral from a walk in Dr the summer of 2017. I now have Rheaumatoid arthritis and a bone disease which renders the patient incapable to do ANYTHING for themselves. I can't hold my Grand kids as it is to painful to lift them up. I'm 50 yrs.. Because of his unethical behavior I had to wait a year to finally see the RA specialist and its just beginning with the Chronic pain. I have 3 Chronic diseases and I have gotten this far without his knowledge or help. Please make the right decision when choosing a Dr. Oh yeah I forgot to say my last appointment with him I enquired about getting an MRI or xrays and his reply was ; Mr Jones your just getting old; and refused the tests my other specialist asked me to ask Mayba for. His bedside manner is nothing short of Rude and Belittling. An awful experience. I've been thru enough with this guy. Walk in his office a lil joyous and leave his office with an anxiety attacks... Ive seen numerous patients M/F leave his office in tears... What a Quack, .

flag | Submitted December 24, 2017

As others have posted here, terrible wait times. You can save a fortune by taking a cab or bus or even have a limo driver wait for you. Why does a physician need to take on an extremely large workload and make patients sit in a waiting room 4 to 6 hours. This must be torture on the elderly, more like insane. Pack a lunch, maybe dinner. I've been seen quicker by an emergency physician. This to me amounts to nothing but greed. There must be a large kickback to the clinic. Other physicians do not have insane wait times like this. Like another one posted, this amounts to about 6 min per patient, assuming he takes a lunch break. One needs calories to run from room to room that many times a day. I attended an appointment with my spouse in the past to actually see for myself how she was treated. Been told many times that he is chauvinistic & arrogant towards the opposite gender, & treats women like a lower form of life. He has not once examined her for her initial condition, & trivializes it like she has no knowledge of her own body & symptoms. He must be a genius being able to look across a room & diagnos your illness in moments, just by looking at you. & I say this with sarcasm. I have better knowledge of what my spouse is like. We have been together 33+ years & I can tell when she suffers & when she doesn't. He sees her for minutes, & I see the complete entire life. I then asked him to increase her medications to every 2 weeks, as for some reason, only known to him, he has her running to the pharmacy every week. He then told me to my face he would change it to every 2 weeks, but the second I turned my back to feed the parking meter, he went back on his word. Not a very manly thing not keeping your word in my books. There are other words to describe this, but I will let the readers imagination fill these in. I then asked my wife to go back & inform him of the mistake. He screams at her "after what you 2 did to me" which I'm sure he did not know that I heard every word, what? Ask a few questions?. I can't say anything to him or try to scold him as he seems to take it personal that your speaking at him & immediately hides behind the college of physicians & surgeons (I actually mean the good ole boys club. Bratski Krug) & threatens to send us packing. This is unfortunately how our medical system is going. Just a revolving door, & make big pharmaceutical wealthy. While the taxpayer that pays his wages suffers. If your not willing to help, then refer a person elsewhere. Don't let them continue to suffer because of your poor judgement.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

He is a good doctor, very helpful and very patient.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2017

You wait 3 to 4 hours to see this dr and he’s not that good ... rushes you and doesn’t answe your questions

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

Ridiculous. 9 a.m. appointment---you will be lucky to see him at 11.a.m. If your appointment is latter----bring dinner and a BIG book. you will b e there 2.5 to 5 hours. He appears to book 12 appointments per hour, at least. . 7 a,m, to 3:30. If you are retired and have no life,...this is a great doctor......be prepared to spend the day. He considers it lucky that you have got to see him. He is thorough and knowledgeable. Do not bother to complain to the Clinic management----the "management consists of a Book-keeoer sort and his secretary. Mayba brings in big bucks to the clinic and therefore can do what he wants. His extra fees are high. Parking is expensive. I could not afford to see him anymore---missed too much work, my clients come 1st---there are other doctors .who do respect you, and your time...this is not one of them.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

He over charges for completing forms. He charged my elderly Aunt $100.00 per page to complete forms!!!!! Now he wants another $100.00 for her medical records!!!! And he is NEVER on time.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2017

Mayba never keeps his apt time . The staff has a poor attitudes when anything is brought forward . Great if your retired or have no other timeline to keep . I would Not recommend Dr Mayba to friends or family . Dr Maybe seems very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

Knowledgeable. A good listener. Ask him a direct question & you'll likely receive an answer. BUT he's very busy. I've never waited less than three hours past my time of appointment. Sometimes longer.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

well, he gave me c difficile by prescribing antibiotiocs i didnt need , my lymph nodes were enlarged (indicating infection), HE SAID I HAD STREP THROAT (WITHOUT DOING A SWAB) THE ER DOCTOR SAID THE ANTIBIOTICS HE GAVE ME WERE ANCIENT AND SAID THAT HE FELT LIKE THROWING UP JUST LOOKING AT THE BOTTLE! he wont give me my pnemonia shots - which i need due to weakened immune system, i was hospitalized twice in 2 months, had a ruptured cyst, he said no i dont, and prescribed me a pill that i cant stop cold turkey and discontinued prescription. he also pushes seroquel and remeron. he also had kept doubling a dose of sleeping pills every month and didnt tell me there would be withdrawl symptoms and expected me to go from 150mg to zero and the hospital said I would die if i did that. if you have a serious medical condition he wont take care of it = i have a history of tumors and cancer and he wont send me for a proper test like a ct scan just a chest xray. IF YOU WANT TO LIVE, GO TO another doctor!!!! maybe hes good at putting LAZY HEALTHY people on DISABILITY (IF HES FRIENDS WITH THE PATIENTS FAMILY ,MEMBER AND LIES ABOUT THE PATIENT HAVING ADD..WHAT A CROCK...) I AM GETTING ANOTHER DOCTOR. READ WHO THE TOP DOCTORS ARE AND START CALLING ONE BY ONE! IF YOU HAVE CANCER AND A WEAKENED IMMUNE SYSTEM AND A HISTORY OF LARGE TUMORS, THIS GUY WILL GIVE YOU REMERON WHICH IFOR PEOPLE WHO HEAR VOICES. YEAH. IFR YOUR FAMILY KNOWS HIM, HE WILL KISS YOUR A** AND PUT YOU ON DISABILITY FOR NO DARN REASON F*** THAT!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

please stay away from this doctor if you want to live! he doesn't care one bit about anyone's health but his own wifes, if hes not on phone while you're sitting there he'll be trying to rush you out

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017