Ratings for Dr. Thomas E. Maslen

I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Maslen when he was covering for my mother's doctor. Well, momma got sick and our family was informed that her doc was out but Dr. Maslen would meet here at the hospital. Long story short Dr. Maslen examined, diagnosed and treated her, he was so thorough and SMART, talked to momma and our family in a language we could understand, treated her as though she was his family member. He didn't rush , he was right on target with what she needed for med she needed in the hospital and at home. I am a registered nurse ( which he didn't know) so trust me when I say Dr. Maslen is the BEST DOCTOR I have encountered in a very long time. The only reason I don't have him as my doctor is because my husband has Kaiser. So, thank you Dr. Maslen, you're Awesome!!!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

Dr. Maslen is the best physician I've ever had! His medical knowledge is outstanding and impressive. He takes the time to really know "you" as an individual. The staff reflects his commitment to the patient and is first rate. Wait time is virtually non-existent. He also uses encrypted e-mail to communicate which can save you a visit and keep his office wait time to a minimum. Dr. Maslen is like what Marcus Welby M.D. Would be in the 21st Century.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2013

I just love Dr. Maslen. If you want a doctor who values your time, and is knowledgeable about his field, than this is the doc for you. His office staff is FANTASTIC! His office is clean. Never a long wait piled up in a room full of people, wondering when you'll be called. Not with this doctor. Wherever he goes, I will follow. I like how he utilizes technology too! He puts everthing on-line in your own secure account for you to see. Also, I had a problem with my weight, where I was exercising heavily and still gaining. He recommended to me an organized weight loss system and I'm slim and trim now. He's the best!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2013

The doctor was very rude and lacked knowledge his staff is not friendly and I was given the run around after my appointment was canceled due to death in my family. I am so disappointed .

flag | Submitted January 31, 2013

Good staff and they are very on top of things, office is clean and beautifully decorated. He is an excellent doctor with superb bedside manner and knowledge. The office is high tech, but if you are old-school you can opt out of the tech stuff as I did and still be promptly serviced. Dr. Maslen is gentle, brilliant and a great listener.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2011

Good doctor, good staff, English is spoken and understood!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2011

Due to some recent health issues, I've been doctor-shopping for a while. I had become so used to being rushed out of doctors' offices so they could keep up with some rigid schedule they set for themselves that everytime I see Dr. Maslen I am surprised at how much time he actually takes to listen to my concerns and explains his thought process. He's curtious and doesn't make me schedule appointments just to see lab results- he utlizes online medical systems for that.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2011

The staff are diligent and organized, which makes life much easier. I like Dr. Maslen too. He is serious and thorough, although it would be good to see a little more flexibility in his thinking. As long as a value (like blood sugar) is within the range, it's fine in his thinking, even if it's very close to the upper limit. For some patients, especially if there was a sudden jump in the numbers, this may be a problem. But overall, I have had a really good experience with both Dr. Maslen and the staff.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2010

Excellent doctor -- the best. I've recommended him to a number of colleagues and friends. He takes the time to discuss your concerns with you, which is very unusual these days.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2010

Dr. Maslen is definitely the type of doctor you would want as your primary care physician. I feel like he is the true vision of a doctor. He is knowledgeable and you don't feel like he is rushing to get you out of the exam room so he can move on to the next patient. Good doctors are hard to come by, but he is definitely one of the good ones. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

Dr. Thomas E. Maslen's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)