Ratings for Dr. Alexander R. Gaudio

I have been going to Dr Gaudio for many years and I think very highly of him and his service. He is a wonderful doctor. E.Clark

flag | Submitted May 16, 2011

I have macular degeneration in the left eye,Dr. Alexander Gaudio saw me immediately and saved the vision in that eye with an injection with avistan.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2009

I had a bad case of Keratitis. First the MD's assistant came in and flipped my eyelids. Then, a medical student did the same, 5...more...times. Even though my eyes were red and i was crying. The explaination was that they are a teaching hospital. Then the MD came in with ANOTHER student who did the same. I cried and said how much my eyes hurt and the answer I was given was that I needed to stop wearing my contacts. I went to another MD the next day who flipped my eyelids once, told me there has been this reaction when my contacts react with a specific cleansing solution. He prescribed me Lotemax and had me reduce the amount of time I wear my contacts and the next day I felt great!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2008

I had internal bleeding in my eye. Dr. Gaudio convinced me that a vitrectomy operation is routine and will be successful. Dr.Gaudio made a mistake during the surgery and touched my lens in my eye with a medical instrument. Also the operation plan has been changed by the doctor during the surgery without any explanation and my lens was not replaced with an artificial one. After the operation, he assured me that the operation was so successful and everything is so good that I have to immediately stop applying the prescription eye drops and resume my normal way of living. He ignored my complaints on the diminished ability to see with my eye. I followed Dr's recommendations and my eye conditions became much worse. He said that “he is not enthusiastic at all about the outcome of the next operation”. He never recognized his mistakes and did nothing to correct them to save my vision and now I permanently lost site in one eye. Also, Dr. Gaudio never washes his hands before seeing a patient!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2008

Dr. Alexander R. Gaudio's Credentials

• Yale Univ Sch Of Med, New Haven Ct 06510 (Grad. 1963)