Ratings for Dr. Victor De Korompay

Arrogance is his schtick. Wondered if I should kiss his HUGE ring. Not at all helpful. Won't see him willingly again.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2018

Should be names Dr Rough, My second operation , two different doctors... the pain this go around the pain is unbearable, wakes me up from a deep sleep. He dug around in my knee where I never had a issue, now I do P I s s e d right off

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

My experience with this Dr. was positive. He performed a knee scope to remove bone fragments. Big improvement in my function.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2017

BUTCHER. Run DO NOT WALK . . . if you are supposed to be seen by Dr. de Korompay. He is a tragedy waiting to happen and destroys people's lives. He did such a horrible job on my mother's knee, that she had to have the prosthetic removed . . . by another surgeon, . . . and instead of having a knee, she now has a fused leg. If you do not know what this is, it means the leg has a metal rod running down it, and will never EVER bend again. It is also 3 cm shorter and requires walking with a platform shoes and 4 prong cane AT ALL TIMES!!! it is not really walking; it is more of a step and DRAG scenario. Try sitting, or attempt getting into a car, or using the toilet, (there is no handicap bathroom in the city that can accommodate one when you have a fused leg), or even getting into bed, when your leg remains straight out in front of you at all times. Even getting dressed requires leaning against a wall so that you do not fall over. My mother's world is forever a nightmare because of this person. Calling him a doctor is an insult to the profession.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

so sad he can't do my next Knee replacement he sis such a good job on the other

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

flag | Submitted June 7, 2011

He is one of the worst doctors I've ever seen. I've been unable to walk for a year due to knee issues. After waiting months to see him he never spoke to me, or listened to anything I had to say. He made his diagnosis by looking at my file. He insinuated that I was a drama queen and said there was no reason why I can't walk and I should suck it up. He treated me like a child. He told me that the only thing that would help was physiotherapy (which another dr has now told me is the exact wrong thing for me!). He never touched me either, never did an examination on me. He also gave me medically incorrect information. I left his office in tears. I've since found a dr who really cares and is dedicated to getting me walking again. He needs to go back to university and relearn how to be a doctor because he really is terrible. He honestly has no clue. Absolutely the worst doctor I've ever seen in my life. I wouldn't recommend anybody see him. I can see how he got a lot of the bad reviews here!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

eight years after he performed reconstructive surgery to my knee it is still fantastic. I am skating again which I hadn't done in 15 years. I have had no long term pain at all from this opertion so he must be doing something right, I still believe in him.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2010

I've had knee problems since I was 13. Multiple knee surgeries including a patellar tendon transfer,removal of osteophytes, scar tissue, exploratories and approx forty full leg casts to immobilize my knees over the years. At age 30 I started seeing Dr. D,and after approx 20 bi lateral arthroscopies to clean up and repair these totally trashed knees from sports, he did a total left knee at 41 and a total right knee at 43. Are they as good as new? NO, but I am happy to be walking.Post-op and rehab were horrible but necessary. I'm 54 now, and a retired nurse, and he is the best orthopod I have ever had. I don't know about the rest of you, but I was an awful patient. Maybe he deserves to be a little testy at times!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2010

My dad had his knee replaced 5 months ago and he is worst off now. He has had a knee infection , the hole was size of a golf ball in the knee and Dr DeK said it is not infected , go home and wash it with soap and water. We were appaled. We have gone to other specialists to take care of my dads infection. My dad has gone through hell. After the surgery my dad also had a stroke and so many complications and Dr DeK showed no concern and said everything was fine. It was not fine. Now after 4 months my dad has had a Pik line put in and getting Intravenous antibiotic to help with the infection. He has been arguing with us that dad does not have an infection and he does not need a pik line. In the end we used our common sense and went to many specialists to deal with this matter. I would never go to him, he cracks jokes that I dont think are funny at all. Maybe his way of covering up his lack of knowledge. We would never go to him again.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2010