Ratings for Dr. Lisa K. Nelsen

Dr. Nelson is a caring, compassionate doctor who genuinely cares about her patients. Sometimes need to wait to see her but she always takes the needed time to make sure all my questions are answered so I don’t mind waiting while she does the same for other patients. Her staff are all very friendly and helpful, especially when non-routine issues come up that may be stressful. They have created a warm environment in their office and it does not make me feel like just another number in the big medical machine. Hard to find that with all the changes in health care these days!

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

I made an appointment with Dr. Nelsen about 5 weeks ago. I called the office the day of my appointment (09:30 01/12/17) to update my insurance coverage and was advised that I wasn't even on the schedule. The receptionist kept calling me "hun" and spoke in a very condescending manner to the point of being outright rude. She made no effort to correct their mistake or to get me on the schedule. I view the front office as a representation of the doctor and strongly recommend that you avoid. I would rate lower if it would be possible. The doctor needs to replace the front office staff if she wants new patients.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

Bad service overall !!! Long waiting; staff not professional and rude. Unpleasant experience for me.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2014

Dr. Nelson is caring, kind, and knowledgeable. She always does her best to make her patients feel comfortable and well-informed. Her staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Her small office feels like a caring home, not a mega complex, impersonal box like so many of the medical offices are these days. I feel blessed to have Dr. Nelson for a doctor.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2014

Couldn't have picked a better doctor! I def. lucked out with her! This Is my first pregnancy and shes been so wonderful. Her staff is always so friendly and helpful with any question I may have. They don't rush you, and make you feel like everything you ask is important. I would recommend Dr. Lisa Nelsen to everyone! You couldn't pick a better doctor!

flag | Submitted December 22, 2013

I have seen Dr. Nelsen twice and she was punctual, friendly, helpful, and encouraging both times. Her staff is beyond friendly and helpful. It does take a long time to get an annual appointment, so plan ahead.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2013

From the blood tests in the ER (bleeding early on)I found out I am Kell+ & it could harm the baby. Nelsen wanted to keep a close eye on me. Nelsen went on vacation for 3 weeks right when my kell check was due. I called for results & was told my results went to the Dr. they would call me back. I called 6 diff times getting the same answer. I called the on call Dr.t & got the results.I get a call start making payments for delivery. I told Patricia I had secondary ins & was informed they wont take it. I told her in 2011 they did. She said they never did (didn't work there in 2011) I told her I would have to look at how to pay+ hospital. wanting to talk to Dr. about what my options were & have a back up to see another Dr. that did take Medi-cal. I has due to see Dr. next Fri.I get a call from Patricia, she canceled my apt with Nelsen because I made an apt with another Dr. I told her I still want my apt with the Dr. she said not how it works. You are no longer a patient & left me with no Dr

flag | Submitted August 9, 2013

Excellent doctor all the way around! I have been going to her for 12 years even though I am not having any more children she still looks after all my needs as a woman doctor.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2012

LOVE the office staff. Dr. is okay, she could spend a little more time with her patients but my big thing with this Dr. is how late she almost always is. I have waited over an hour on multiple occasions to be see her and then have her only spend 5 minutes with me before moving on to the next patient! She is sweet and I just adore her staff but it is REDICULOUS to come in at your appointment time and spend 15 minutes in the waiting room and 45-60 minutes in the exam room just waiting for her to walk in.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2012

BEST OBGYN EVER! I wish I would have known her 6 years ago, I would have chosen her to deliver my baby. I have had a # of cold, insensitive, rushed doctors, but Dr. Nelsen is very friendly, caring, and makes you feel comfortable. She is also very knowledgeable and able to answer all my questions with confidence and clear and thorough explanation. I moved to Davis, and still drive all the way to Roseville to keep her as my OBGYN. She even called me on three occasions to give me test results. I was shocked that a Dr. these days would take the extra time and care for a patient.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2011

Dr. Lisa K. Nelsen's Credentials

• Univ Of Ca, San Francisco, Sch Of Med, San Francisco Ca 94143 (Grad. 1999)

Arise Health Plan