Ratings for Dr. Margaret Ochonska

When I was younger, I had an alright doctor and heard all these wonderful stories about a female doctor in the transcona area. I learned her name was Dr. Margaret Ochonska. I aspired to be her patient in the last decade but she wasn't taking any new patients. In 2013 I moved down the street from her practice, unknown to me at that time and thought it was a walk in. I was really sick. The waiting room was full but I got in after twenty minutes of wait (and I was a walk in). There in the flesh was Dr.O. She was so nice and knowledgable. I learned that i had bronchitis, and also my eyes and ear were bothering me. She took the time to examine them as well. Most and I mean the majority of doctors, only address one concern at a time but she was concerned about my overall health and wanted me to heal. She told me to come back for a follow up. A week later I was better and she became my family doctor. I was so grateful and happy that I got my wish for her as my doctor. It has been three years later and I still get the attention and helpfulness from her and I am still very very grateful she's my doctor. She's a doctor everyone wants. She listens to you and provides support and empathy. Shows great discernment and knowledge. Has wonderful connections for specialists. Yes the wait sometimes can be longer than expected but that's you get with a quality doctor. She's personable and doesn't rush patients out her door. She takes the time for you! She's about the patient and their health. Not only does she care about physical health. She sees mental health just as important. My mom now sees her and feels the same. My mother is beyond her 60th year and has different issues. Therefore, Dr. O has the ability to work with different ages and gender and still does amazing work. From my observation she has great boundaries and relationships with her colleagues and patients. Lucky to have a great doctor for myself and mother. Franka D.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

Yesterday I left in tears at Dr. O. There was a time I felt like she truly cared but I've been in terribe pain . She has given me test to prove that I am in fact in alot of pain but she must deal with a lot of drug addicts. She doesn't want to give me my prescriptions property. Let me add I've been her clients for 6 years and get the same presciption each month!! It's not even strong medication ..I feel it matters what kind of a mood she is in and if shes fighting with her new man. She's always on her cell phone talking about personal things . Waiting to see a doctor for 4 hours and her simply not caring when your crying every night going to sleep is NOT okay on my books. I'm going to find another doctor. I hope you all do too . She's changed and loses file . She simply doesn't give a sh*t about her patients. I'm just sorry I wasted so much time on a doctor like herself.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2016

Had to wait 2 hours (with my appointment) and was served in 2 minutes in rush. Completely unorganized, not professional. Staff is very rude. That was my first and last visit there.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

Wait is always 3 hours make a appointment at 230 not in till 530 ridiculous

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

Where did she go? She's no longer at the Regent Ave. location?

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

As a patient of Dr. O's since 1990, I can truly say that she has given me great care and support over the years. I don't disagree that her wait times are poor, and there is lots of room for improvement. I also do not disagree that her previous assistant was less that organized, but it seems that her current staffer Robin seems to be much more on top of things. What I think is needed in Dr. O's office is another doctor or nurse practitioner to share the load of patients, because lets face it she has a massive patient load and only so much time in the day. The only reason why I would consider moving to another doctor is solely because of her lengthy wait times. I truly appreciate all the wonderful care she has given me over the years. Glad to hear that she has moved her office to a larger space on Rougeau by Winners.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

Dr ochonska has always been a good doctor for me with good advice and help . people are on a wild goose hunt trying to find malpractice why even goto her if your going to complain.yes i wait sometimes but its well worth the wait . full support dr ochonska:))

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

Does anyone know what happened to Dr. Ochonska? I was told that she is relocating her practice but no one seems to know anything else. Apparently she is to be contacting her patients, which should have been done long before she disappeared. Anyone have any news, please post it. tx

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

Dr. Ochonska's waiting room is seriously overcrowded and sometimes you have to wait at least 5 hours for her to see you?! The place is bedlam with files strewn everywhere. Robin, the receptionist is always outside smoking. (She's not at her desk to answer the phone a lot of the time.) When I went for a check-up, Dr. Ochonska did notice the lump in my breast that I had been worrying about. But she didn't seem very concerned? She asked when I would be going for my next breast check (at the Miseracordia --which is done every 2 years to check for a lump.) But I already had a lump (and it was growing!!) I had to wait months for this general breast check. She should have sent me to the Breast Health Ctre. (to be checked for cancer.) I changed doctors as soon as could find one , he sent me for a Diagnostic Breast Scan and I found out that I do have breast cancer!!!!?? If Dr. Ochonska would have taken this more seriously I wouldn't be in this horrible nightmare?!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

We have been seeing dr Ochonska for almost 10 years now. Very good doctor. Caring, knowledgeable, always willing to help. her diagnosis is always accurate, and and she is always prompt with diagnostic referrals. I admit that the wait there is a bit long, but it is worth waiting as she does everything she can do to help. Hope she will never retire!

flag | Submitted September 3, 2016