Ratings for Dr. Margaret Ochonska

I think the shortest wait was 2hrs, the longest was 4.5hrs. 3.5 was about normal. I used to start work in the late afternoon and I would drive an hour to see her. I would make appointments early enough to be back in time for work. One time I almost walked out because I was going to be late. Dr O did take me in and told me to talk to the receptionist if that happened again....so the next time I mentioned what time I had to be at work for. Her response was so? and told me that I had to wait like everyone else...even if I was going to be late....with a morning appointment! I have not seen a Dr in years because of how I was treated there. No one wants to sit in an office all day with sick people for really no reason. She was also VERY quick to hand out prescriptions. This was the last time I saw her. I should have looked it up before I took a new prescription she gave me. I was in for anxiety and depression and she gave me a drug used mainly for schizophrenia and bipolar....there are so many better options out there! If she wouldn't have rushed through the appointment....maybe she could have helped me out WAY sooner. The worst part was my dad saw her too and he would be in there chatting away with her. Lots was not medial related....like two friends hanging out.... with a waiting room full of people! I get that she is not a robot and yes I do expect some level of getting familiar with a patient. However when they can take time to talk about gardens and family and then I am rushed through and expected to wait for hours....that is extremely insulting.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

I'm very satisfied with her caring attitude towards my wife and I. I do admit the Waite is somewhat long but I'm prepared for it but after seeing her she doesn't fail to show us she cares! She may have many patients, that's because she's really good. For example I will not eat in a restaurant if there is only one customer inside that makes a statement about what your going to eat, am I right? So just be a little patient she definitely is worth the wait either long or short. I've been her patient well over twenty years and we're not changing ever. Carl/Heather .

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

the wait time is ridiculous!!!! I have had an appointment at 4 pm and did not get out of the office until 9 pm way after closing with her unable to even find my records even though I was called in to go over my test results. very unorganized as I have to mentally prepare everytime that it will be atleast 5 hours wait time even with a scheduled appointment. the booking at the reception needs to stop over booking with patients and maybe only do 2 patients per hour if that's the case. the patients time is worth just as much as the doctors and Dr.O does not realize that or care.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

Waiting 4 hours, she didn't find my results. Gave wrong pills, not for me.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Ochonska for over 5 years now and while I agree she is a caring doctor, everything else about her and her office is terrible. The staff is unpleasant and in no way friendly or display any sort of professionalism. Her office is unorganized and on more than one occassion, she lost my test results. Also, even if you do have an appointment, she will take other people in before you even if their appointment is after yours. The office opens at 9 but sometimes she doesn't get there until 11. Expect to waiting at least 2 hours. Overall, I think it's time to find a new doctor. I've been let down numerous times by her and her staff.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Ochonska's for a very long time. In the past I would avoid seeing a doctor at all! She has been so different I do not hesitate to see her. You may have to wait to see her, but you will get the care and concern of a caring and professional doctor. Noticed a number of negative comments and feel if that time is an issue for you, go and see another doctor. You may get in on time, but I doubt you will get the concern and care that Dr. Ochonska's gives each patient. I know I will have to wait, but I also know other patients are getting the care we all deserve!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

worst doctor in town. She charged me for a sick note for four days different $ amount than to my friend that asked one for one day!!! no good! She seemed at time sleepy and confused, could not find results, changed subject suddenly, very neglected with results, I wonder if she is mentally fit to practice.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

When I was younger, I had an alright doctor and heard all these wonderful stories about a female doctor in the transcona area. I learned her name was Dr. Margaret Ochonska. I aspired to be her patient in the last decade but she wasn't taking any new patients. In 2013 I moved down the street from her practice, unknown to me at that time and thought it was a walk in. I was really sick. The waiting room was full but I got in after twenty minutes of wait (and I was a walk in). There in the flesh was Dr.O. She was so nice and knowledgable. I learned that i had bronchitis, and also my eyes and ear were bothering me. She took the time to examine them as well. Most and I mean the majority of doctors, only address one concern at a time but she was concerned about my overall health and wanted me to heal. She told me to come back for a follow up. A week later I was better and she became my family doctor. I was so grateful and happy that I got my wish for her as my doctor. It has been three years later and I still get the attention and helpfulness from her and I am still very very grateful she's my doctor. She's a doctor everyone wants. She listens to you and provides support and empathy. Shows great discernment and knowledge. Has wonderful connections for specialists. Yes the wait sometimes can be longer than expected but that's you get with a quality doctor. She's personable and doesn't rush patients out her door. She takes the time for you! She's about the patient and their health. Not only does she care about physical health. She sees mental health just as important. My mom now sees her and feels the same. My mother is beyond her 60th year and has different issues. Therefore, Dr. O has the ability to work with different ages and gender and still does amazing work. From my observation she has great boundaries and relationships with her colleagues and patients. Lucky to have a great doctor for myself and mother. Franka D.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

Worst Doctor Ever! Wait time is 4 Hours even with appointments... so money hungry she packs people in her waiting room just to make that extra $... you literally have to take the full day off work just to see her... she books appointments at 9 and shows up after 10 everyday... he receptionist who is now fired was totally a disgrace to the medical field.. just bad all around!

flag | Submitted November 27, 2016

Yesterday I left in tears at Dr. O. There was a time I felt like she truly cared but I've been in terribe pain . She has given me test to prove that I am in fact in alot of pain but she must deal with a lot of drug addicts. She doesn't want to give me my prescriptions property. Let me add I've been her clients for 6 years and get the same presciption each month!! It's not even strong medication ..I feel it matters what kind of a mood she is in and if shes fighting with her new man. She's always on her cell phone talking about personal things . Waiting to see a doctor for 4 hours and her simply not caring when your crying every night going to sleep is NOT okay on my books. I'm going to find another doctor. I hope you all do too . She's changed and loses file . She simply doesn't give a sh*t about her patients. I'm just sorry I wasted so much time on a doctor like herself.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2016