Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Michael Kreidstein

I had neck lift in April 2017. My experience was amazing from start to finish! I would recommend Dr Kreidstein to anyone looking for a very talented Doctor. He always made me feel at ease and answered any concerns or questions I had. The staff is very friendly and helpful too! I feel so much more confident now. The results were more than I could have hoped for. I wouldn’t go to anyone else!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2017

I used to see this surgeon for over ten years, and spent a lot of money on many procedures. He was somewhat helpful, however, I always felt somewhat of an idiot going there. And you'd think after going there for almost all my life, they would have not acted so militant when it came to my 200 consult fee. You'd think after going there for almost 10-15 years, they would wave that darn consult fee. But they are so adamant about that miserly insult of a measly 200 dollars. Eventhough, I could possibly estimate and say, I spent over 40 grand, after taxes, medication ect, at the clinic. In addition,when I decided to spend 28,000 dollars on an entirety new doctor. I could not believe the difference. It was like comparing The Academy Awards to the Razzies. Perhaps it was because I spent more money at one period of time? However, that should not determine the level of courtesy a clinic offers you at one specific time. When I was a little more frugal, Dr. Kreidstein, was a great option for me, however he deterred me from many procedures, that my new doctor went ahead and did for me. When I mentioned the word "Aquiline" pertaining to a specific nose shape, I was shocked when he did not recognize the term. Now finally happy with my body, and im 40, now. It took almost 20 years of nipping and tucking to get where I am now, but now suddenly pregnant again. Whoops, lol. He also, mentioned, "that my body wasn't the same as it was five years ago". Well, for heavens sake, I don't think anyone's body, from five years ago was or is ever the same, speaking on a scientific level. Is that even possible? I basically felt like some sort of Gremlin, after he said that. Being as insecure as I am and was, and still are, lol, I wouldn't recommend him if you have self esteem issues, which most people getting surgery basically have. He also told me, I needed a psychiatrist not a surgeon! Which was another area of concern I had, not sure if that was just some kind of MD humor, or a referral! I would recommend Dr. Kreidstein to perhaps someone in highschool student or some penniless housewife, but not for any well seasoned plastic surgeons Muse, as I like to call myself at this point. One last comment, to add to Dr. Kreidstein uppity remark as a competitor posting fraudulent reviews, if it was in fact a fraudulent posting below, then why wasn't the competitor named in the posting. What is the point of posting a fraudulent/competitive remark when the competitor isn't even named in the paragraph. Lastly, yes his receptionists look towards me as more of an experiment then a human being. I feel more like a subject of dissection, then an actual patient! Sorry Dr. Kreidstein, after being trying to be as loyal as possible, I did have to move on to greener pastures.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

Dr. Michael Kreidstein's response
There are some practices which thrive on the 'Muse'- the patient who seeks out, and eventually demands, repeated operations, always with diminishing returns. Our priority is the safety and satisfaction of our patients, and if we become concerned that a patient is demanding surgery just for the sake of it, we will discuss this concern and may recommend psychological counselling. Our refusal to operate is often met with hostility, much as when a narcotic addict is refused a prescription for drugs. Aquiline nose = "hooked, like an eagle beak". Not a useful term in plastic surgery, as it may mean different things depending on how it is used. It is very unusual for a patient to request the creation of an Aquiline nose.

Submitted November 19, 2017

I heard about Dr Kreidstein from a person who I happen to meet at an appointment. She had a tummy tuck and her results were great. I had thought about breast reduction and panniculectomy but didn't think it was possible. I thought I had to be at my goal weight. When I saw her results I had my GP refer me. The receptionist told me it was over a year and a half wait time . I was contacted by Dr Kreidstein's office within weeks. I was referred in November, had my first consult January and surgery in June! I had BBR panniculectomy and tummy tuck. The staff are so friendly caring and so helpful. I asked lots of questions and if I had any concerns , they were validating and never made me feel like I was an inconvenience. Dr Kreidstein submitted the application to OHIP for breast reduction and panniculectomy. We got an approval within 4 weeks. My surgery was done at TSH. I am thrilled will the results. Dr Kreidstein made me feel very comfortable and safe. He explained in detail what to expect and made sure my expectations were realistic. It was a major surgery so I'm glad he explained recovery and that it would take time to see the final results. I cannot thank Dr Kreidstein and all his staff enough for their kindness and compassion.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

After researching for a long time, I finally balanced quality of work work with price and went for a consultation with Dr. Kreidstein as he seemed to get good reviews for both. I was not disappointed. I got a breast augmentation and full tummy tuck. I am very indecisive by nature and he was very patient. I couldn't happier with the results. He was very honest along the way with what was possible, and what the outcome may be. I was blown away and so happy with the results. I think he was trying to prepare me for a scar, but by following his post-op care directions, the scar is very minimal, flat and not protruding at all, disappearing more and more each day. I feel so confident in my skin again. I have 3 beautiful children and my old body back thanks to Dr. Kreidstein!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

Like so many, my research was inteenet based and seeing so many favorable remarks, my appointment was booked. I found him fairly knowledgeable but seemed disinterested in spending time answering questions. He rushed through explanations. Staff in the office were helpful enough. There was s display of cards that all suggested how wonderful he was. I booked a second appointment and got additional information. I believed the reviews and booked my surgery date. My experience was horrendous as waking up from anesthesia, no pain medcation was given right after surgery! All I remember feeling was extreme burning and pain on my incision site. It was excruciating. I was told that when I could breathe properly, I would be given pain relief. Of course I tried my best but the pain was so intense, I insisted on numerous occasion that pain reluef was necessary. Once discharged, the pain was unbearable. Dr. Kreidstein gave very little pain relief to take home and iver the next few months, he was incredibly unprofessional and unavailable to ensure that I was covered for the exceptional pain I experienced! Prescribing small amounts of pain meds, having to run back and forth to the pharmacists to fill these prescriptions and arguing that not every one feels pain equally. My pain was not properly covered. He should have suggested a stronger narcotic. And suggested I needed to see a psychiatrist. I declined because my pain from a very painful surgery was the issue. He also did not provide back up when he left for a holiday. He was unable to provide me with pain relief post surgery because he was on vacation. Dr. Kreidstein has little interest in his patients post surgery. His one RN was extremely compassionate at my distress over my experiences. I would not recommend this MD.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2017

Dr. Michael Kreidstein's response
We have no way of knowing whether this is actually our patient, or instead a fraudulent letter posted by a competitor. Nevertheless, some important issues can be addressed here. 1. The most common reasons for unusual pain at a surgical site are either a complication (none reported in this review) or a past history of narcotic use. This does not equate with narcotic abuse- many people have legitimate reasons for long-term narcotic use which makes them insensitive to narcotics and require exceptionally large doses. We have no hesitation in prescribing high doses, but it is essential to share your past experience with your surgeon so this can be well anticipated. 2. Narcotics are a controlled substance, and a pharmacy will not take a prescription called in by an MD. A paper prescription from the office (original or faxed) is necessary. If you have any medical requirements, including prescriptions, you should not wait to the last minute to make your request, as your surgeon may not be able to immediately attend to your needs. We always tell our patients if Dr. Kreidstein will be away during the immediate post-operative period, and our practice is part of an on-call pool of several plastic surgeons so even when Dr. Kreidstein is away, one of the other surgeons is available 24/7 to assess any questions or problems, including prescribing narcotics. 3. Narcotic addiction is a very complicated problem, and far better avoided than treated. Our practice is to aggressively prevent and treat any pain experienced in the initial post-operative period. Once we are confident that there are no complications to account for continued narcotic requirements, we will then discuss with a patient our fears of narcotic dependence, and our need to involve a family doctor or chronic pain specialist to assist with care. Managing narcotic dependence is outside of our expertise, and we are correct to enlist the help of a physician experienced in managing narcotic addiction in helping patients with this difficult problem.

Submitted May 13, 2017

I recently had the scrotoplasty surgery, I am thrilled with the results and highly recommend the procedure to any male individual who is suffering with an uncomfortable/sagging lower region (not allowed to use the appropriate term on here). I have the ability to perform my best in sports and in the bedroom now. I am so much more confident. From the first appointment to the weeks following surgery, Dr.K and his team were extremely friendly, helpful and caring. After my consultation with Dr. K I knew he was the right man for the job, he spoke with a lot of interest and enthusiasm about the surgery I was about to have and it made me feel really comfortable knowing he had a strong passion for the surgery that he was about to perform. From surgery to recovery, zero complaints, overall a great experience. If you are a male reading this with the same issue and are worried about going in because you are embarrassed or worried what the Dr. will say, don't worry I felt the same way before going for my consultation. After finally bringing up the courage to go for the consultation, I could not believe how happy I was with Dr. K. Those feelings of embarrassment and worrying disappeared right away. I wish I had done the surgery sooner, I am now living everyday to the fullest and am extremely confident in the bedroom. - M

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

Dr. Michael Kreidstein's response
It is unfortunate that this problem and its surgical solution have not received more publicity, as so many men continue to suffer needlessly . Thank you for sharing your experience.

Submitted May 6, 2017

Very unhappy with the results of tommy tack and liposuction.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

I had liposuction done with Dr. Kreidstein. I had consulted with various other plastic surgeons and Dr. Kreidstein was the most affordable and given his good reviews on here I thought he would be a bargain. Long story short, I had revision liposuction with a more expensive surgeon because the results I got with dr. kreidstein were subpar. Do not be fooled that the expertise of the surgeon is enough to achieve results. Dr. Kreidstein uses old technology that can't handle suction fibrous fat. The best results for liposuction are when you have the best technology combined with the expertise of the surgeon. I generally found Dr. Kreidstein pleasant, don't get me wrong he's a nice guy, not cocky by any means. But a few other things to consider when making your choice - His contract says he doesn't charge for revision, however, when pressed, it was $200 to fix one small area, and then in the next visit, he told me it would be $400 to fix that area. Price kept on going up and up each time I asked - His office is not upscale by any means which is an indication of the lack of success of the business - His secretary Julie is very condescending, she gave me attitude when I asked for a bottled warmer on a hot summer day when I was still 5 day post op my surgery and feeling weak - He doesn't accept payment via MasterCard for large operations. I had to pay through e-transfer, which is sketchy as heck if you ask me, because i was not issued a formal receipt. - To my earlier point, the pictures on his website for liposuction are not impressive. That should have been a red herring for me, but again I was seduced by the "bargain" price. - When i confronted him about the large excess of fat remained post surgery, he told me to go exercise and diet even though the whole reason I opted for liposuction in the 1st place is i have stubborn fat that wasn't responding to exercise and diet. If you are going to invest in your body by doing any kind of plastic surgery, invest in the best. Find someone more experienced even if it costs you more. I would have saved soo much money if I had gone to different surgeon the 1st time.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

I am absolutely THRILLED with the results of my procedure After doing my research I decided to contact Dr. Kreidstein (whom I now fondly call Dr. K). He is board certified in both Canada and the USA. From my first encounter, I was met with pure professionalism. I emailed the website and Dr. K himself, answered me, the following day. I went to his office for a consult, and was met by very pleasant office staff. Dr. K. and I had our consult. He is so nice, and down to earth. He explained everything in laymen terms and answered every question I had. He advised that his surgical team have all been with him for 10 – 20 years. That itself speaks volumes to me. He then gave me a tour of his private facility, which really impressed me. On the day of the surgery, I was very excited and nervous. I was walked through every step that was going to be happening that day by Norma, R.N. along with Anesthesiologist, Dr. Kong. Then Dr. K came in to mark me. All went as planned. Recovery nurse, Jodi was great. Both she and Norma had me up and walking within a couple hours of the surgery, and Dr. K. came in at least twice to see how I was doing. They called my friend both after the surgery and then again for pick up. I went home and started my after care. If you do everything that you are told, you won’t have any issues. I stayed on top of my pain, by taking my meds every 4 hours and walking around. I only had pain for 4 days which is excellent!! When I went to have my first bandage change and check up, I was shocked to see that I had very minimal bruising and the incision was perfect! What I also liked about Dr. K., is that he doesn’t use drains, which I’m told helps with recovery. It’s been 3weeks now. I have been doing everything I was told to do, and am feeling great. I have already been asked by family and friends for Dr. K’s. number. I hope to do another procedure in the summer. Thanks so much Dr.K. for everything you have done. What an awesome team to have working for me! You were all excellent. Dr. K., you are an artist, and very skilled surgeon. Diane B.

Submitted March 8, 2017

I got liposuction of my love handle area back in September 2016. The results are amazing and natural looking. Dr. KREIDSTEIN and his staff are absolutely amazing. The staff are very helpful, accommodating, and friendly. And Dr. Kreidstein is extremely knowlegable. He is very thorough in explaining procedures in detail and takes time to make sure all questions or concerns are answered. Thank you very much!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

Dr. Michael Kreidstein's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Kreidstein completed medical school and plastic surgery training at the University of Toronto. Two years of research at the Hospital for Sick Children, and a year treating burn patients at the Wellesley Burn Unit established for him an indelible respect for the impact of his work on the lives of plastic surgery patients. This respect remains central to his subsequent development as a world-class cosmetic plastic surgeon, with certifications and active membership maintained in all relevant organisations including the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.

• English