Ratings for Dr. Michael Kreidstein

After a long process of research, I narrowed my list of prospective cosmetic surgeons to a small few in the U.S. and in Canada. Since I am technically an international patient, living in the Caribean (originally from Canada) I had the option to select the best of the best from wherever I pleased especially nearby cosmetic surgery headquarters Miami! I selected Dr Michael Kreidstein to consult with for a much deliberated lower body lift. Having battled a weight issue my entire life, I lost a good amount of weight be being pear shaped, I worried I might be turned away and told to lose more weight. To my pleasant surprise, Dr Kreidstein was kind hearted, professional and understanding to my weight loss obstacles. Upon examination, I was thrilled when he said he could help me with my lower body issues and to help finally rid myself of my unsightly large saddlebags and panis. I was able to book my surgery after my consultation and with the help of his delightful and very sweet staff the entire process was easy and I felt well prepared! On the day of my surgery, I was obviously anxious and nervous but he greeted me with a kind and reassuring smile and a lot of comfort. I felt like I was in very good hands the entire time. Waking up from my surgery, Dr Kreidstein made sure I was comfortable instructing his staff to add pillows upon pillows under my legs because of a back problem I have, just another testament to his wonderful bedside manor! The healing process was quite remarkable! The fact that he did not use drains made it such a faster recovery and from my research, a much more pain free one as well! I was up and walking within hours of the surgery and back home early the next day....from a 360 degree lower body lift and large volume lateral thigh liposuction. I am so thrilled at the outcome of this procedure and can honestly say that I am truly in disbelief at the change he was able to give my body. I never thought I would be able to have a slender and well defined torso, especially not being the optimal weight before hand. I am over the moon extatic with the outcome and it has only been 2 weeks, today since my surgery. I still have some swelling obviously so I anticipate an even better look to what I already have. I would like to extend my most sincere gratitude to Dr Kreidstein and his lovely staff and can not stress how thankful and pleased I am at the outcome! I will return in the near future for a thigh lift and other procedures and will not use anyone else, ever! In closing, just a personal note...I have mulled over doing this for a very long time, have visited with other Drs and had not, until my consult with Dr Kreidstein felt I was ready to go ahead. If it had not been for Dr Kreidstein and his reassuring and positive outlook, his professional and enthusiastic demeanour and his kind and attentive manor, I would still be wondering if I should go ahead and do it. My only regret is that I did not find his office sooner! With much gratitude, Kim E

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

Like so many, my research was inteenet based and seeing so many favorable remarks, my appointment was booked. I found him fairly knowledgeable but seemed disinterested in spending time answering questions. He rushed through explanations. Staff in the office were helpful enough. There was s display of cards that all suggested how wonderful he was. I booked a second appointment and got additional information. I believed the reviews and booked my surgery date. My experience was horrendous as waking up from anesthesia, no pain medcation was given right after surgery! All I remember feeling was extreme burning and pain on my incision site. It was excruciating. I was told that when I could breathe properly, I would be given pain relief. Of course I tried my best but the pain was so intense, I insisted on numerous occasion that pain reluef was necessary. Once discharged, the pain was unbearable. Dr. Kreidstein gave very little pain relief to take home and iver the next few months, he was incredibly unprofessional and unavailable to ensure that I was covered for the exceptional pain I experienced! Prescribing small amounts of pain meds, having to run back and forth to the pharmacists to fill these prescriptions and arguing that not every one feels pain equally. My pain was not properly covered. He should have suggested a stronger narcotic. And suggested I needed to see a psychiatrist. I declined because my pain from a very painful surgery was the issue. He also did not provide back up when he left for a holiday. He was unable to provide me with pain relief post surgery because he was on vacation. Dr. Kreidstein has little interest in his patients post surgery. His one RN was extremely compassionate at my distress over my experiences. I would not recommend this MD.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2017

Dr. Michael Kreidstein

Dr. Michael Kreidstein's response
We have no way of knowing whether this is actually our patient, or instead a fraudulent letter posted by a competitor. Nevertheless, some important issues can be addressed here. 1. The most common reasons for unusual pain at a surgical site are either a complication (none reported in this review) or a past history of narcotic use. This does not equate with narcotic abuse- many people have legitimate reasons for long-term narcotic use which makes them insensitive to narcotics and require exceptionally large doses. We have no hesitation in prescribing high doses, but it is essential to share your past experience with your surgeon so this can be well anticipated. 2. Narcotics are a controlled substance, and a pharmacy will not take a prescription called in by an MD. A paper prescription from the office (original or faxed) is necessary. If you have any medical requirements, including prescriptions, you should not wait to the last minute to make your request, as your surgeon may not be able to immediately attend to your needs. We always tell our patients if Dr. Kreidstein will be away during the immediate post-operative period, and our practice is part of an on-call pool of several plastic surgeons so even when Dr. Kreidstein is away, one of the other surgeons is available 24/7 to assess any questions or problems, including prescribing narcotics. 3. Narcotic addiction is a very complicated problem, and far better avoided than treated. Our practice is to aggressively prevent and treat any pain experienced in the initial post-operative period. Once we are confident that there are no complications to account for continued narcotic requirements, we will then discuss with a patient our fears of narcotic dependence, and our need to involve a family doctor or chronic pain specialist to assist with care. Managing narcotic dependence is outside of our expertise, and we are correct to enlist the help of a physician experienced in managing narcotic addiction in helping patients with this difficult problem.

Submitted May 13, 2017

I recently had the scrotoplasty surgery, I am thrilled with the results and highly recommend the procedure to any male individual who is suffering with an uncomfortable/sagging lower region (not allowed to use the appropriate term on here). I have the ability to perform my best in sports and in the bedroom now. I am so much more confident. From the first appointment to the weeks following surgery, Dr.K and his team were extremely friendly, helpful and caring. After my consultation with Dr. K I knew he was the right man for the job, he spoke with a lot of interest and enthusiasm about the surgery I was about to have and it made me feel really comfortable knowing he had a strong passion for the surgery that he was about to perform. From surgery to recovery, zero complaints, overall a great experience. If you are a male reading this with the same issue and are worried about going in because you are embarrassed or worried what the Dr. will say, don't worry I felt the same way before going for my consultation. After finally bringing up the courage to go for the consultation, I could not believe how happy I was with Dr. K. Those feelings of embarrassment and worrying disappeared right away. I wish I had done the surgery sooner, I am now living everyday to the fullest and am extremely confident in the bedroom. - M

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

Dr. Michael Kreidstein

Dr. Michael Kreidstein's response
It is unfortunate that this problem and its surgical solution have not received more publicity, as so many men continue to suffer needlessly . Thank you for sharing your experience.

Submitted May 6, 2017

Very unhappy with the results of tommy tack and liposuction.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

I had liposuction done with Dr. Kreidstein. I had consulted with various other plastic surgeons and Dr. Kreidstein was the most affordable and given his good reviews on here I thought he would be a bargain. Long story short, I had revision liposuction with a more expensive surgeon because the results I got with dr. kreidstein were subpar. Do not be fooled that the expertise of the surgeon is enough to achieve results. Dr. Kreidstein uses old technology that can't handle suction fibrous fat. The best results for liposuction are when you have the best technology combined with the expertise of the surgeon. I generally found Dr. Kreidstein pleasant, don't get me wrong he's a nice guy, not cocky by any means. But a few other things to consider when making your choice - His contract says he doesn't charge for revision, however, when pressed, it was $200 to fix one small area, and then in the next visit, he told me it would be $400 to fix that area. Price kept on going up and up each time I asked - His office is not upscale by any means which is an indication of the lack of success of the business - His secretary Julie is very condescending, she gave me attitude when I asked for a bottled warmer on a hot summer day when I was still 5 day post op my surgery and feeling weak - He doesn't accept payment via MasterCard for large operations. I had to pay through e-transfer, which is sketchy as heck if you ask me, because i was not issued a formal receipt. - To my earlier point, the pictures on his website for liposuction are not impressive. That should have been a red herring for me, but again I was seduced by the "bargain" price. - When i confronted him about the large excess of fat remained post surgery, he told me to go exercise and diet even though the whole reason I opted for liposuction in the 1st place is i have stubborn fat that wasn't responding to exercise and diet. If you are going to invest in your body by doing any kind of plastic surgery, invest in the best. Find someone more experienced even if it costs you more. I would have saved soo much money if I had gone to different surgeon the 1st time.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

I am absolutely THRILLED with the results of my procedure After doing my research I decided to contact Dr. Kreidstein (whom I now fondly call Dr. K). He is board certified in both Canada and the USA. From my first encounter, I was met with pure professionalism. I emailed the website and Dr. K himself, answered me, the following day. I went to his office for a consult, and was met by very pleasant office staff. Dr. K. and I had our consult. He is so nice, and down to earth. He explained everything in laymen terms and answered every question I had. He advised that his surgical team have all been with him for 10 – 20 years. That itself speaks volumes to me. He then gave me a tour of his private facility, which really impressed me. On the day of the surgery, I was very excited and nervous. I was walked through every step that was going to be happening that day by Norma, R.N. along with Anesthesiologist, Dr. Kong. Then Dr. K came in to mark me. All went as planned. Recovery nurse, Jodi was great. Both she and Norma had me up and walking within a couple hours of the surgery, and Dr. K. came in at least twice to see how I was doing. They called my friend both after the surgery and then again for pick up. I went home and started my after care. If you do everything that you are told, you won’t have any issues. I stayed on top of my pain, by taking my meds every 4 hours and walking around. I only had pain for 4 days which is excellent!! When I went to have my first bandage change and check up, I was shocked to see that I had very minimal bruising and the incision was perfect! What I also liked about Dr. K., is that he doesn’t use drains, which I’m told helps with recovery. It’s been 3weeks now. I have been doing everything I was told to do, and am feeling great. I have already been asked by family and friends for Dr. K’s. number. I hope to do another procedure in the summer. Thanks so much Dr.K. for everything you have done. What an awesome team to have working for me! You were all excellent. Dr. K., you are an artist, and very skilled surgeon. Diane B.

Submitted March 8, 2017

I got liposuction of my love handle area back in September 2016. The results are amazing and natural looking. Dr. KREIDSTEIN and his staff are absolutely amazing. The staff are very helpful, accommodating, and friendly. And Dr. Kreidstein is extremely knowlegable. He is very thorough in explaining procedures in detail and takes time to make sure all questions or concerns are answered. Thank you very much!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

Very knowledgeable, got honest answers. Left office same as I went in. Unfortunately he sees two cleints at a time in same room no privacy. Should have put on a tie .

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Dr. Kreidstein came very highly recommended My surgery (abdominoplasty and panniculectomy), went perfectly thanks to Dr. Kreidstein and his capable staff. Recovery obviously takes a little while and any minor tweaks were dealt with professionally and promptly and sympathetically. I would definitely not only recommend Dr. Kreidstein but consult with and have any further procedures with him Thank you Jake A

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Having lost over 240 lbs I had a lot of loose, sagging skin. The surgeon that performed my gastic band surgery referred me to Dr. Kreidstein and from the moment I met him I felt comfortable and in good hands. He was very thorough in his explanation of what needed to be done, how he would go about it and cost. There were no hidden costs and as surgery approached he was very kind and understanding. In October 2016 I had my abdominalplasty. Surgery went well, recovery was great because I did exactly what he told me to do. I have never been happier in my life. my belly fat and loose skin is gone I am down 279 lbs in total and he was amazing. I would trust him to do more surgery if I need or want it. His office staff is exceptional, no one makes you feel uncomfortable or awkward and Dr. Kreidstein himself was not judgemental at all which means a lot when you have been ridiculed for a lot of years. I am healthier and happier than I have been in I don't know how long and it is mostly due to his amazing talent. He showed that my hard work along the way was worth the reward.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Dr. Michael Kreidstein's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Kreidstein completed medical school and plastic surgery training at the University of Toronto. Two years of research at the Hospital for Sick Children, and a year treating burn patients at the Wellesley Burn Unit established for him an indelible respect for the impact of his work on the lives of plastic surgery patients. This respect remains central to his subsequent development as a world-class cosmetic plastic surgeon, with certifications and active membership maintained in all relevant organisations including the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.

• English