Dr. Adam Shoman

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Adam Shoman

I was 28 weeks pregnant when my OBGY stopped using my insurance and I was forced to find a new one. I was very nervous switching the doctor and found Dr. Shoman online, based on reviews. Those positive reviews are truly deserved by this doctor and his Hackensack office stuff. He performed my C section ( first time for me, but 2nd pregnancy) and everything went smooth. Everything was explained, told and prepared to help me healed better before/after procedure. His stuff is very nice, knowledgeable and respect your time. I have never waited more than 15 minutes and always being offered best appointment time for me. I will use his service for a future routine appointment and recommend his practice to anyone who is looking for a great doctor!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2019

We must take time to write review for Dr Shoman. He is amazing. My very good friend recommended him. He answered my emergency call when my wife was not even his patient. He took him time and advised not only professionally, but also supported as a family member!. His knowledge, confidence and practice is way above excellent. Staff is also always there to help us. They pick up the call and answers right away. They know what they are doing. The most important quality of Dr Shoman, I want to share with all future parents is that Dr Shoman's presence itself creates different type of positive environment weather he is at his elite clinic, at labor-delivery room or recovery room in hospital. My wife had normal delivery even after 33 hours of labor and that was not possible without Dr Adam Shoman. The whole elite obgyn team deserves all 5 stars!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2019

Dr. Shoman was referred to us by another doctor. We feel EXTREMELY lucky to have been referred to him. After a few visits, we put our 100% trust in the doctor. He made my experience as comfortable as possible. Whenever I had any questions and/or issues, he was readily available to answer and have me come in immediately for a visit. There wasn’t any point in my pregnancy or now after, where I felt lost or alone from a medical standpoint. I strongly recommend Dr Shoman as an OBGYN.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2018

By far the BEST doctor I've ever had . I don't easily put my trust in doctors, but I have to say my walls came down pretty quickly with Dr Shoman !!! He is perceptive, sharp-minded and compassionate. He is very very knowledgeable, takes his time to explain everything, doesn’t rush you . I'm glad for this website because it allowed me to get to him (while avoiding my initial referral). I only wish I had had him with my first baby as well. Thanks Dr. Shoman .

flag | Submitted October 27, 2018

Dr. Adam Shoman is the OBGYN you need! My experience has been nothing less then amazing from the very beginning. Dr. Shoman is very knowledgeable and answers any questions you may have. He is sure to explain everything that is going on and takes the time to make sure you understand the ins and outs which is extremly important during pregnancy. The woman that work in the office assisting him are very nice and extremly helpful with coordinating appointment times that work best with your schedule. He made me feel so comfortable through out my entire pregnancy, during my emergency c-section, and after including choosing the best birth control for me. He is so professional and very caring. I truly couldn't have asked for a better doctor or experience for my first pregnancy, if you're looking for the perfect OBGYN, you've found him! A big thanks to him and his staff.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2018

Dr. Shoman is by far the best Obgyn I have been to. I tried many as the idea of being pregnant and giving birth scares me. He helped me through a loss 2 years ago, catching a rare abnormality. He then monitored me for the next year. After that, he put my mind at ease through our second attempt, making sure I was comfortable every step of the way. He always listened to me and his staff was just as nice. He performed my c section in August and I would not trust anyone else - the scar is barely noticeable. He is an absolute specialist. If you are looking for a new Obgyn, I highly recommend this man.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2018

Dr. Shoman is super knowledgeable and has a very warm demeanor. I felt incredibly safe with him for my first pregnancy/birth and will definitely continue with him as my OBGYN! His office staff are also very kind and helpful.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2018

I am so happy with the treatment I received at the doctor’s clinic. The staff very helpful n soft spoken. Would definitely recommend Dr. Shoman to friends in near future.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2018

Dr. Shoman was a great choice as my OBGYN. He always made me feel at ease and was helpful with every question/ concern I had. He would explain what was up ahead during my pregnancy but was truthful in being prepared for the unexpected. All pregnancies are different but I felt comfortable after every visit his office. His staff is super nice and he always responds to his emails. Dr. Shoman will not disappoint you! Thank you Dr. Shoman.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2018

I normally don't write reviews or post publicly about my personal experience with the service provider etc. But, in this case, I am so overjoyed and grateful to Dr. Adam Shoman for the care that he provided to me during my pregnancy and delivery that I want to share a bit about my experience. Like most, my pregnancy was not without its issues. I had acute nausea from start to finish, which Dr. Shoman managed closely and helped me ensure my baby's weight stayed up (she was born at almost 8 pounds). I also had thyroid issue and negative blood type. Dr. Shoman worked with me at each step to provide excellent, compassionate care. He made it very clear that he does not treat numbers --- he treats people. Dr. Shoman is an excellent communicator and really LISTENS to his patients, which I think helps him provide nuanced, customized care. Even though he’s a well-known surgeon and medical expert, my experience of him is that he is deeply compassionate and kind. He is also humble, which I love in a doctor ----arrogance is the last thing I want to see in a health care provider (confidence, sound-mindedness and expansive knowledge, all of which he has in spades, but NOT arrogance). He gave me confidence, peace of mind, and a sense of control over my pregnancy. And above all, he helped me navigate a range of medical issues seamlessly.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2018

Dr. Adam Shoman's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• English

• Mount Sinai School of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

• Urinary incontinence