Ratings for Dr. Marilyn Appiah

Great doctor. Great staff. Great experience! Would recommend!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

Absolutely terrible experience and agree with many of the other reviewers about the incompitence of the staff. I took off work to have a coloscopy and biopsy done but the receptionist had written down the wrong type of appointment so I was told they couldn't perform my procedure that day and the soonest they could get me in was at least 2 weeks from that date. To add insult to injury, when I initially went in for the procedure, the doctor asked if I had any questions, I did, so I asked. I was extrememly anxious and all the doc could articulate was patients couldn't understand and shouldn't look things up on the net. Let me be clear, I wasn't trying to self diagnose, just wanted to understand what my pap results meant and what the path forward was to address them. I even called the office/nurse several times to clarify and they couldn't articulate it. Terrible bed-side manner, everything takes too long, and they can't explain anything. Would not recommed.

Submitted December 7, 2012

I've seen Dr. Appiah for a while now. She is very nice, professional, and considerate. Her staff are very nice also. Dr. Appiah helped my problem and I'm very happy that we got it solved! I also like the reminders for app (call, email, etc) and online communication through their site! Very convenient! :)

flag | Submitted October 13, 2012

Dr. Appiah, your staff is incompetent. I needed some paperwork signed so my family can go overseas with the military. We dropped the paperwork off at noon on a Tuesday, and told them we absolutley needed it by Friday. After calling them numerous times to check, they first told me it would take 2 weeks to have her sign it, then they waited until noon on Friday (WHEN THEY CLOSE FOR THE WEEK!) that they can't sign it at all. You be the judge, Dr. Appiah is fine, but her staff needs to go they were rude, disrespectful, and incompetent,.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2012

I had an etopic pregnancy and hospital said i was o.k. Dr. Appiah was the only one who guess that i was still pregnant. And she was right !!! I refer all my friends and family to her.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2011

The biggest problem with this practice is that it is run poorly! I've been to better practices. Dr. Appiah isn't the worst doctor, but she allows too much inefficiency to occur. It seems to me that this doctor is constantly overbooked (if you are going to spend efficient one-on-one time with patients then DON'T OVERBOOK), the medical records department run's poorly (Sent my medical records to the wrong place, Opps!), and the staff overall is not the most professional individuals (Gossiping at the front desk). I've always had to wait between 30-45 minutes to even be called back by her nurse, which is unacceptable. I have to SIT and wait over 30 minutes when I do come ON TIME. It's a shame because Dr. Appiah is quite nice, but I rather go somewhere else...

flag | Submitted February 19, 2011

Dr. Appiah is an amazing doctor, unfortuantley, my insurance changed and I no longer have her. I didn't realize how great she was until I experienced another GYN who did not know what he was talking about. Dr. Appiah will make your appointments comfortable and will assist to the patients needs and concerns. Most importantly, she will listen. There are very few physicians like Dr. Appiah. I HIGHLY recommend this woman to anyone. I can't wait for 2011 to come so I can switch my insurance and get her back!!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2010

She is great. I Love her you are talking about a good Doctor, and I'm hard to please, couldnt ask for a better Doctor. EXCELLANCE

flag | Submitted July 19, 2010

Dr. Appiah is the best doc I have ever had. She was my doctor during my first pregnancy...she gave me that connection you should have with your doc being pregnant. I had a horrible labor and she sat there with me a large majority, she has wonderful bedside manner. She was very patient with me and my stubborn son not wanting to leave me :). And through all of my screaming! My family absolutly loved her. Was very sad to see her leave Tahlequah so I didnt get to have her as my doctor for my second baby. But we are working on our third towards the end of this year and will be moving from VA back to OK...luckily she will not be far away and I will be going back to her for my prenatal care! Excellent doctor!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted July 4, 2010

I was told first that I probably had cervical cancer, then she said I had an STD. When I got a second oppinion, all the test she said were positive, were negative. She never would give me my records to compare. Horrible Experience!

Submitted May 12, 2010

Dr. Marilyn Appiah's Credentials

• Oklahoma College Of Osteopathic Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 1998)

Delta Dental