Ratings for Dr. Marilyn Daryawish

Avoid!! This doctor is rude, always late and doesn't listen to you at all. Waiting 55 min to be seen, imagine if I showed up 55 min late to my appointment. Horrible. She forgets to put my name on prescriptions, writes the wrong medication names, doesn't send referals out in a timely manner and is so scattered. My chart is a misfiled mess of papers in a dollar store folder. How has this doctor not had her license revoked?

flag | Submitted January 9, 2019

I had been optimistic when I started seeing this lady. She seemed to genuinely care about my health and family planning albeit she was a bit blunt, but after the "meet and greet" it was like seeing a totally different person. This doctor is rude, inappropriate, scattered and honestly I think could be harmful to the patients she is seeing. I was a new patient and after four visits she still could not remember who I was or my medical history. She did not remember why she had ordered the tests she did and did not fully review them with me. I had booked an appointment for a check-up and she never even bothered doing one. Just ranted at me about her book, felt the need to impart all kinds of completely inappropriate personal opinions that had no medical basis and then told me she had spent enough time with me and left before discussing the actual legitimate medical problems that she should have been reviewing with me. She didn't even do the check-up!! I will be looking for another doctor.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

Dr Darwish has always address all of my concern sent me to the right specialist. Great 👍

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Dr. Daryawish appears to have purposely tried to mislead a specialist she referred me to. When sending me to an ObGyn (because she wasn't comfortable prescribing birth control to a size 16 patient - I was too fat), she sent him a handwritten note saying simply that I had fibroids, but she didn't send the lab sheet itself. So he called the lab and got the actual results - the fibroid was tiny and of little consequence and he was livid. I've since left her practice as she was sloppy, unprofessional, and did not have my medical needs at heart.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

I am a new Patient of Dr. Daryawish. I have multiple medical issues all of which are under control. I found her to be a no-nonsense, extremely professional experienced Physician. She has referred me to the appropriate places expectantly, prescribed appropriately and is TGE MOST THOROUGH physician I have ever had. She is an intelligent lady and holds wonderful conversations. She spends time..never rushed. She is my new godsend. Also..I am a retired Expert Level RN (ER). This lady knows her stuff!! Those of you bashing her ... It's your opinion and perception. I'm just wondering how many of the bashers were looking for narcotics etc and are needy in general. If that's the case..go find one that will coddle you. This Physician is an Ottawa Gem

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

This Dr is politically driven and big on feminism. The 1st thing she started asking me questions about why I married after my 1st born and called me a semi-hero for doing so. The 2nd thing is she strongly believes that families are broken up because of welfare system and also because the woman started working. 3rd thing is I got a called for a rendez-vous with an ear specialist because of some leisure. We only had a meet a greet and never did any physical checkup. She is part-time retired and I believe that she is only there to get income during the summer as she is off during the cold months. Can you imagine a Dr is miss diagnosing you and referring you to a specialist when it is supposed to be someone else. WOW! What if I did do a checkup and put my full trust in this woman. I wouldn't trust this Dr with my life. This is the reason why I'm looking for another physician and will gladly go to a walk-in clinic if I can't find one.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

I have literally never written a review for anything in my life. Not a product, restaurant or person - ever. I've been looking for a family doctor for some time. When I made the appointment I read some of the reviews on here and decided to give her the benefit of the doubt. I thought "there's no way she could be THAT bad." Boy was I wrong. This "doctor" is so terrible I felt the need to write my first review. She was confrontational and made a "diagnosis" two seconds after hearing my issue without any details at all. Apparently my debilitating back pain is due to me "being tall" and "lifting weights" despite the pain being there for years before I started at the gym. There's nothing that can be done except "take Advil." Great, thanks! Guess I'll visit the ER when it gets so bad I can barely walk. I can't comment on her staff or punctuality as I only had one visit with her. Guess my search for a doctor continues.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

This woman should not be practicing. 100% unsatisfactory, both personally and professionally". Beligerently ignorant, dismissive of other medical professionals, calling physiotherapy useless. In one appointment, she managed to insult my intelligience, my mother's skill a as a parent, and, most horrifyingly, she inserted deeply disparaging remarks about the refugee crisis in Europe. In addition, she just plain wasn't good at her job. Couldn't communicate clearly, was very disorganized with paper work and referrals. Had to prompt her in her examination and pull information out of her piiece by piece, asking the same question multiple times to get an answer. I left infuriated and disgusted. I will be looking into making an official complaint. Do NOT visit this doctor.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

The worst doctor ever. Hands down. Her book is in the "free" bin at every yard sale I go to.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

This is the doctor who basically made me lose faith in the medical profession. Lack of professionalism with patients and in how she refers you to specialists (this, according to those specialists!). Sincerely hope she's finally retired and out of the profession.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016