Ratings for Dr. Richard G. Fried

He is the best Doc ever in my opinion. He will listen patiently to your concerns without making you feel he needs to race out the door like many other Drs do. I have been a patient for over 15 years and have always found him to be very attentive, caring and extremely knowledgable. I dont have prescription coverage and he will always do his best to provide me with samples if he can. I wouldn't trade him for any other derm ever.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2012

We were recommended to this practice by a plastic surgeon in the area. It was very difficult to get in as a new patient, but I had two kids who had treatment resistant conditions and I wanted to give him a try. He treated both children and resolved their issues in one visit. Previous dermatologists could not figure out how to treat these recurring wart viruses. He prescribed a cream, which would have cost us $700 for a tube. Because we did not have prescription coverage, he gave us samples to use. His staff was very accommodating, letting us know when the new samples came in. I found him very knowledgeable and highly recommend him. Just expect a 5-6 month appointment lead time as a new patient.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2011

He has a very pleasant manner. Very knowledgeable. Like many dermatologists, I don't not find him very aggresive with systemic medicines. However, he is much better than many out there.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2009

Dr. Richard G. Fried's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Stony Brook, School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)