Ratings for Dr. Richard A. Farson

I went here for an initial visit about my chronic back pain. I wanted to see if I could get medications and/or physical therapy. The first time I visited, I was waiting for 45 minutes in the doctor's office. He prescribed a muscle relaxant after a five minute appointment (the wait was nine times as long as the appointment). I came back three weeks later, and told him that the medicine was not improving my back any. He asks what level of pain I am feeling, and I tell him an 8 or a 9 when it's really bad. He says, "I don't believe that. Now I'm being accused of lying? He asks if I want other meds. I say, is there anything stronger that can help? He snaps back, "I am NOT prescribing narcotics, the addictive medicine, so you can FORGET IT!" I never mentioned narcotics. He did. Then he proceeds to say, "Well, I give up on you...I don't know what to do." This is my SECOND visit with him, mind you. He refers me to orthopedics. He was very dismissive/useless. I do not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2010

Dr. Richard A. Farson's Credentials

• Hahnemann Univ Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19102 (Grad. 1959)

Medical Mutual Of Ohio