Ratings for Dr. Robert S. Berger

First of all the front desk staff was very nice and so helpful because I was a 1st time patient but something happened that I wasn't going to have my co -pay but they allowed me to come anyway. I really appreciated that because they didn't know me and could have said: don't come in & reschedule. Also, they found a pharmacy close by that was cheaper for the prescriptions that Dr. Berger presctibed. I found Dr. Berger very knowledgeable and from doing research he definitely is highly qualified. I didn't have a long wait at all and had no problem with my insurance coverage. I would recommend Dr. Berger and this office.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

I am not sure why there are so many negative comments about this office. This is a good practice. I have been seeing this practice for my acne since I was a teen. I did acne laser treatments for five years and I was probably their oldest patient. The treatments finally did work. I was always taken on time. All of the technicians were considerate and nice. I have seen almost all the doctors in this practice and although they are not always warm, they are well qualified and knowledgeable. I've never had any insurance problems. His office staff has little turnover and seem happy. Try the earliest morning appointment if you had a long wait before.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

I usually go to Fort Washington Dermatology but since my husband was deployed, I looked for a place close to Waldorf Area. Went in as a new patient last year with referral ( both of my Insurance information was stated). When they asked for my copay, I told them I have a 2nd insurance but they said that they don't accept it. I trusted their word and pay my copay through out my visits. I went there several times and my overall copay was around $500. Upon my husbands return, he looked deeper in the situation and discovered that my second insurance could be used and was accepted by this location. He went there and the manager that he spoke to denied that any of her staff would say that they would not accept the insurance. She continued to stand up for her staff by saying that I never presented my secondary insurance cards to them. He asked to see my referal that I presented at my first visit. She gave it to him and it listed my primary AND secondary insurance information. He asked if the referrals are used in the processing of insurance and verified to which she answered, "the referrals are not used." What is the point of providing the information if it is never used? I presented the office with all insurance information and they did not use it and charged me a copay. The office manager continued to say, "if your wife had just called to tell us she was being charged, we would have done something." This is WRONG. The information was provided and the clinic continues to place the blame on everyone else EXCEPT for themselves. What happened to customer service? It is sad that they took advantage of a military family..... the day before Veterans Day.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2014

I saw the nurse practitioner for a skin issue. She was very rude and inconsiderate! She also didn't seem to care to listen what I was saying or asking despite being very upset. She was also quite aggressive when looking at the areas on my arms and legs despite me saying they were very sensitive and painful. The office staff is not organized and has no consideration to get patients checked out promptly! My calls have not been returned in addition to still waiting for biopsy results ( which was an awful experience). They also called in medication for me which I found out by a call from the pharmacy... However I have no idea what the meds are for or any diagnosis. Consider another office if you have options!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

Rude doctor and staff. Did noit disclose charges until I receivedmy bill. Tried to resolve wityh staff and were veryrude, blew me off and the one girl in office was very flip n disrespectful!!!! Had to call couple times to try to resolve issue of their undisclosed over charges and had no success. Evenworte Berger a letter only for him to cowardly have one of his staff to blow me off agai, I WISH I NVER WENT THERE AND WILL NEVER EVER NEVER GO BACK. Recommend the same for anyone wjho reads this. Dont waste ur time, enrgy, or money cuz u will regret it. Hopoe this helps....seems to be part of a much larger pattern if read the other reviews!!!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2014

Why make an appt when you wont be seen until at least an hour after, and after EVERYONE who arrived after you??? It is like this every time. Eileen is nice and ok to see; Berger himself is rude, not helpful, brushes off questions and shows no concern- horrid bedaide manners.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2014

The office staff were very friendly, I scheduled an appointment with a referral from my doctor to have a mole removed, cysts on back, skin tag, and general exam of all moles, I was seen by a physician assistant of course, you can never see a doctor, the process of new patient and being seen by the PA took less than an hour, she didnt remove the mole just sprayed it and said it would fall off, come back if it doesnt w/in 2 weeks (and of course pay another co-pay), the skin check took less than a minute, I had to show her other moles and the cysts on my back, she told me they were fine and didnt need to be removed, I asked if they could because I didnt like having them there, she stated are they bothering you I said no then she stated they dont need to be removed...but I want then removed???/ the skin tags had to be done another time, so buy some numbing crean $22 and come back,again....I left ther feeling like I wasted my $ and didnt get anything done will never go back

flag | Submitted July 19, 2013

Rude Doctor, wrong diagnosis, left feeling very rushed. don't waste your time or money (very pricey).

flag | Submitted September 17, 2011

Office was crowded but I was seen on time for a mole/leison on my face. Saw Dr Berger and he decided to "freeze' remove 3 areas on my face, saw him for a total of about 5 mins at best. He must see 70+ patients a day at the pace he was going. Not sure of the quality of care based on the tempo of his office, wayyy too fast. Unfortunately believe he is the only dermatolgist in Charles County.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2009

Very rushed exam. Huge Staff, must have been 12 people behind the desk. I went in for a overall exam for cancer, like they tell you to do,and a mole removal. I have had a lot of exposure to sun over my life, and he flippantly told me that my skin was terrible and prescribed his own creams that cost almost $200. He didn't even look at my back or legs. I had one mole removed also on my jaw, and it left a huge scar. His PA did everything. I will not go back.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2009

Dr. Robert S. Berger's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1980)

• BCBS PPO