Ratings for Dr. Donia Shaw

Dr. Shaw was compassionate helpful, kind, froendly, knowledgeable, and funny. I was apprehensive about getting fibroids removed. She put my mind at ease and performed a open myomectomy and removed over 20 and saved my uterus for childbirth later on. I'm not sure where all these bad reviews come from but she was and is a great Dr. I would recommend her to anyone that's looking for a good Dr.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

Long wait on the phone & bo call backs. When you call this office, be prepared to stay on hold for about 7 - 10 mins without any apologies from the Staff or Dr Shaw. My excuse for not receiving a call back on an issue that was suppose to urgent (cancerous) after I called for about 2 weeks was: we're the largest female staff in NJ and get very busy.....and the woman that was suppose to call me back had to leave on an emergency during lunch. Note: I'd been calling & leaving messages for 2 weeks!!!! I'd been a patient for a few years but I'm done with this office. Again, Dr Shaw was extremely unapologetic and empathetic for my situation.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

I was in the market for a new GYN, met with Dr. Shaw in her office first, before exam. My first reaction was that I was bothering her, she seemed more concerned about the coffee she was drinking then the conversation. She made no attempt to get to know me, asked very few questions and the conversation went nowhere. Describing her as "cold" would be an understatement. I came in with a ultrasound and was seeking an opinion on, she had none. We were scheduled to have a physical exam, my gut said "no way". I came up with a quick excuse and swiftly exited the office. The office BTW is whole differnet headache. Long wait time, crowded waiting room and lots of office staff passes you from one person to another.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

I only saw Dr Shaw once for an annual check up, but it was just okay. Her personality is a real turn-off. Maybe she was just having a bad day, but she made no attempt to get to know me as a new patient, and when I asked questions, she made me feel like a jerk for asking. I agree with others that she is very cold, and makes no attempt to make you as the patient feel comfortable. After my pap she had me get dressed and meet her in her office in the next room. From there she proceeded to answer her cell phone a couple of times, saying "ugh, this must be my daughter, sorry", which was fine, but a bit awkward. I have no doubts that she is knowledgeable, but I appreciate friendliness and compassion in my GYN.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

Rude and incompetent front office staff. Awful trying to schedule an appointment to see a doctor.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

I waited over 1.15 hours for my first appointment. Just tired to call her three more times to schedule a second appointment and was on hold over 9min. Each time I waited. It is very difficult to schedule an appointment and long wait times once you are in the office. Currently looking for another doctor n

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

Dr. Shaw is exactly the kind of compassionate, personable, knowledgable doctor you would want. I know another physician who goes to her. A doctor's doctor is exactly the kind of doc we all would want.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

I had a terrible experience. The Dr. Shaw is never available when you need her. Her office staff is rude and uncaring. I called after surgery with questions and had to wait THREE days for my call to be returned. I still do not have much information about what was found during my surgery. My post op appointment for 2 weeks after my surgery was cancelled by her office without any explanation. I have been put off for an entire month! I have never been treated this way after any other surgery. I needed a different prescription and just had to wait until it was convenient for her to get back to me when I was in pain after surgery. I have never felt that a doctor cared so little about their patients but she just doesn't have time to be bothered. I would not recommend that anyone use this doctor or deal with this office at all, ever!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2014

I just had a laparascopic hysterectomy, done robotically, with Dr. Shaw. What a great doctor! Although quiet, she is so caring and an expert at what she does. Totally put my mind at ease. And, four days after surgery, I was walking around, in very little discomfort. I highly recommend her for this technically advanced procedure. She is fabulous.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2014

I see Dr. Shaw in the Succasunna office and have always had a positive, profession experience.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2013

Dr. Donia Shaw's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch, Newark Nj 07103 (Grad. 1996)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Morristown, NJ