Ratings for Dr. Timothy J. Ryan

I think he's a GREAT doctor and has always helped me. If he doesn't know what the problem is he sends me for tests and refers me to a specialist. I am NOT crazy about his rude nurses who think they're smarter than him and question his authority and the prescriptions he gives. I think he could take better control of his nurses in his practice, to let them know he's boss and to NOT second guess his decisions.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2014

he is a very caring good doctor and cares for his patients and does a good job.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2011

Knowledge,helpful,caring ,had to wait a bit,good staff,got in right away

flag | Submitted October 30, 2011

Dr. Ryan has been unwilling, for some reason, to help my 19-year old daughter. She has a childhood injury that causes her great pain. He refuses to x-ray her, order an MRI, or take her seriously. I have NEVER heard of this happening before with a doctor, but she has tried to be assertive with her healthcare by going back & trying to get the help from him that she needs, but he actually LAUGHS and scoffs at her. Unbelievable! You'd think the money for those tests was coming out of his pocket. I'm going to try and find a medical board and get him reported.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2011

Tricare for Life pays for our co-payments. It appears that the doctors at the hospital he is with are very quick to send patients to specialists these days. They do not appear to be doing as much on their exams and treatments as they used to. This may only be the change of times but have noticed it over the past year or year and a half. I do have special concerns and use at least half a dozen doctors. I wish I could cut back on my doctor time and be with fewer doctors. For what he does and all the people he sees Dr. Ryan in my estimate is an excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2010

I find him to very helpful and generous. I have no insurance and on a low fixed income, trying to receive medicaid. I've been a diabetic for over 10yrs. which is currently out of control. He had his nurse go around the clinic and gather Lantus (a type of insulin that costs about $90 a bottle)and she brought back all they had which were several vials. He then needed labs which are costly but cheaper at the health clinic to which he sent me again helping to save money. He wanted to see me the next week to see how my blood sugar was running and told me to NOT make an appt but to talk with his nurse for them to consult about further care. This cost me nothing. I then took my son to see him because i was worried about a mole on his back looking like cancer. He immediately sent him to the surgical clinic to have it removed. It was taken care of within an hour. I found my care to be great and very prompt.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2010

First words out of his mouth: "Oh, I see you dont have insurance". He spent about two minutes with me, he never looked up from his laptop, and didnt explain the prescription he wrote. I have never had a doctor run out the door as fast as he did. Yet another doctor only worried about how much $$ he can make. I ended up going to another doctor a few days later...thanks for nothing Dr. Ryan.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2009

He misdiagnosed me the first time I went and asked me to come back a week later. I went back and my conditioned had worsened and he perscribed me the same medication he had the week before. If I had taken everything he told me to I would have overdosed thankfully have a brother in law who is a doctor got it right

flag | Submitted August 6, 2009

Dr. Ryan has been a wonderful doctor to my family. If it weren't for him, my dad would not be alive right now and my mother would have died of lung cancer a lot sooner. He's great and has a great bedside manner as well.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2007

He did not diagnose my codition correctly and didn't do any tests to diagnose my condition and so as a result of this I almost died.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2006

Dr. Timothy J. Ryan's Credentials

• Univ Of Hlth Sci, Coll Of Osteo Med, Kansas City Mo 64124 (Grad. 1991)

UnitedHealthcare