Ratings for Dr. Jay Silverberg

This is not a nice man. Does not listen, barks out questions. Does not take more than a few minutes. The only pleasant part of the visit is his secretary Valerie.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2018

The worst endocrinologist ! Does not listen to his patients.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2018

Extremely knowledgeable and to the point. I take comfort knowing he is looking after me.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2018

Had him for the past 11 years. Cold, not friendly.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

My mom has been seeing Dr. Silverberg for over a year now for a serious thyroid condition. I am really grateful that we ended up with such a great doctor. He has a quiet manner and a no-nonsense approach, as others have stated, but he is very knowledgeable and respectful in the way he treats his patient. He is systematic and thorough in how he collects information so be sure to bring your medication lists with you. He even he tends to have a more quiet manner, I think you'll find that he is very sincere in wanting to help his patients.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

I'm a health professional and I have been seeing Dr. Silverberg for almost 10 years. He is punctual, requests the required test and asks the right questions.. As stated by others, he has a no-nonsense approach and I feel lucky to have him to deal with my hormonal imbalance which is under good control. The receptionist is friendly but I had to contact the office 4 times, each time leaving a cordial phone message and one time, an email message (over a 3 month period) requesting an appointment. No one ever returned my call even after I left clear call back information. It was only after I reached a live person (secretary covering for holidays answered the phone), that I was able to get an appointment.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

I saw Dr. Silverberg for a second opinion after seeing my regular Endo for almost a year. In the span of 2 months, he examined me, referred me to a surgeon, I had the surgery, and the pathology report returned. He recommended a total thyroidectomy for my graves’ disease and it was a good thing he did. The pathology report showed 3 papillary cancer spots which were removed with the thyroid. I trust Dr. Silverberg and am grateful for his expertise and no-nonsense approach.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2016

Have seen Dr Silverberg only a few times and don't know too much about him. In a routine ultrasound they found a nodule and I was later recommended to him. I had another ultrasound done but now I'm waiting again to have a biopsy appointment. It's been almost 3 months. Have spoken to the receptionist maybe only once over the phone. An apt was supposed to be provided to me but nothing yet. Called back several times and again today only to get voicemail on a Friday at 1pm saying the office is closed for the weekend?! Call back Monday morning? What? I've almost had it with their organization skills and disregard for getting back to people. I'm very frustrated and been waiting for too long to get any real results.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

I spent almost $2000 at MedCan to be referred to the best Endo they could find me, and they sent me to Dr. Silverberg. I've seen him about 6 times so far and each time I leave there wondering why am I wasting my time??? I can completely recite the entire appointment from start to finish with him...they are always exactly the same. He starts the appointment asking what medication i'm on (confused?), last time i was a smarty pants and answered "the medication you prescribed, you really should write it down in my files" - the appt pretty much ended at that point. I also had a Cortisol/Andrenal Test done on my own that I paid almost $300 to do, and when i brought him the results to look over since it clearly stated I suffered from Chronic Andrenal Fatigue, he threw it back at me without looking at it and said he "wasn't interested." I'm at my wits end and have been suffering for 20yrs now. What do I have to do to find a decent Endo??

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

i wait 90 minutes and they ask me to wait more but i left and i refuse to this kind of doctors to treat me ,, i understand these doctors very busy and earn a lot of money but that does not give them the right to treat other individuals below human . even at the veterinary clinic , the doctors cater with sufficient time and care to animals. this is humiliating and insulting to a citizen of this country.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015