Ratings for Dr. Lindsey A. Ma

Nice doctor a little weird sometimes. Usually runs late

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Great bedside manner. Compassionate! Delivered all three of my children. I would recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

Dr. Lindsey was so knowledgeable and friendly when I came in as a new patient. He took over 2 hours of his time (through his lunch hour, in fact) to talk through my medical history and action plan for the complications I was having. I have never experienced a more understanding and knowledgeable doctor. I would highly recommend him to anyone! He was wonderful!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2015

I was hesitant about having a male gyno at first (awkward!) - but Dr. Ma is so friendly and funny that he keeps you pretty distracted while he goes about his business. He will listen to your concerns, and will respond in a truthful, non-condescending manner. He's really great - I'd recommend him to anyone looking for a new OB/GYN.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2014

Here are some of Dr. Ma's strengths: good beside manner, really tried to understand my concerns, tried to give treatment options and recommendations that he explained well, and surgically did my lapropscopy for ovarian cyst removal well. Here is my main complaint against Dr. Ma and why I am switching to a different doctor: During post-surgery, Dr. Ma was unwilling to try and manage my pain using a different medication that I knew works better for me than the one he prescribed. I was in unnecessary pain. Also, he told me to take 3 times as much tylenol than is advised daily. When I did as he told me, I ran out of pain medication after only a few days. When I was still in pain and needed something to manage it, Dr. Ma told me because a good friend of his "innocently" almost lost his life to addiction, he was not going to give me anything else for pain. In fact, he said "I will not prescribe you any more pain medicine FOREVER". I have no history of addiction to anything.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2013

Dr Ma is a great doctor. I was recommended by a friend when I moved to the area. I was worried about a male doctor, but so happy I went. He cares about his patients and takes time with you. Which meant a lot to me.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2012

I hadn't been to the dr in almost 20 yrs. Excellent choice! Very gentle, polite, personable, knowledgeable, excellent bed side manner.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2011

Dr. Ma is a wonderful doctor. I always have wacky questions and he never makes me feel silly or like I am wasting his time. He is patient and funny, which is nice when you are in a compromising position. I would, and do, reccomend Dr. Ma to anyone who is looking for a gyno.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2009

I went to him for several years and always felt he was a great ob/gyn. However, an incident happened when I was hospitalized five years ago that changed my mind. Intially I went in for a sore that wouldn't heal and twelve days later left the hospital with a hysterectomy, the knowledge that I was diabetic, and a raging kidney infection. The day after I'd had surgery I had difficulty swallowing medication and gagged hard. I heard a ripping noise in the left side of my abdomen and called the nurse, who called Dr. Ma. He told me I'd pulled a muscle and I would be fine. At my followup exam he repeated that I'd pulled a muscle. After a few weeks I developed a distended abdomen - which he saw at another followup. I was also in horrible pain that took three months to subside. Last year I was diagnosed with a large umbilical hernia. I've had weight-loss surgery and that surgeon will fix the hernia when I lose more weight. I'm NOT happy but it's too late to do anything about it.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2009

Doctor Ma is very gentle and makes you feel comfortable along with a definite upbeat demeaner

flag | Submitted July 25, 2007

Dr. Lindsey A. Ma's Credentials

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med, Chicago Il 60680 (Grad. 1984)

HealthPartners