Ratings for Dr. George R. Kousaie

Helpfulnes was bad and knowledge was a joke. I could've traded chairs with him because every time I asked him a question he referred to his laptop for the answer. Scary.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2016

I went to this doctor with hopes of getting back on track with taking care of myself and bc of new symptons that have really been affecting my physical health and he was definitely not what I expected on a first visit. He definitely did not make me feel comfortable, if anything he made me feel worse than when I went there, and I pretty much wasted a little over an hour of my day n time to have him tell me that he can't help me BC in so many words my symptoms are all in my head and "its all about learning to deal with these things" so I'll send u to counseling..... Wth!? I told him exactly what my problems where, what the er doctor and my previous Dr (whom I was unable to see for 3mos BC other drs in the same office had been promoted so they were over booked) said and recommended and he pretty much told me that they r wrong and that course of treatment is not for me, even though it helped me tremendously. I also have a history of high bp and asked him what his plan for that was BC it obviously wasn't getting better, if anything it's gotten worse, and he said "well I don't want to go off one reading so we'll wait and see how you do" what!!??? Complete and total waste of time and money going to see this guy. And he is pompous. Anything you ask or recommend before ure even done with your sentence he's already shaking his head and telling you no, not a good treatment for you. As I said before, he made me feel uncomfortable and poorly about myself, I definitely felt very judged and I would not recommend this doctor to any one. Don't waste ur time or money. He kinda ruined it for me and made me go back to the mentality of why see a Dr?/they're just going to tell u to get over it and that its all in your head. It had been about 5-6yrs since I'd been to a Dr....so he def ruined it for me. Its too bad these r the types of Dr's out there now a days, that are missing that human connection. He obviously has magical powers and knows exactly how every patient that goes into his office physically feels..... Give me a break. Believe me, don't waste ur time or money with this guy. Someone should really take a closer look at him. Something not right there.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2016

His usual answer to my complaints of constant pain was "your old, you should expect it"!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

Kousaie had been my family physician since '84, and it was only after I moved out of state that I realized the poor level of care he provides. From reading other reviews, it was good to see I wasn't the only one who had issues with him. Every time I had an ailment, I went to Kousaie, he would tell me either I wasn't experiencing the symptoms (i.e. I lied?) or that I'd "Get over it." Unfortunately that's the problem with small town doctors in Maine- if he's the only one in town, it doesn't matter how poorly a job he does, because he's the only one there. I've had two ER visits due to his "You'll get over it" theories. Quite frankly I always found him pompous, and I can't believe I stayed with him for as long as I did. The dover area deserves better than this guy!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2010

Dr. Kousaie has been my family doctor since 1994. He operates a very professional practice. He is a straight-shooter and doesnt waste your time and money on "possibilities". I hope Dr. Kousaie will continue to be my trusted family physician for many years to come.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2009

very conservative

flag | Submitted February 10, 2007

Dr. George R. Kousaie's Credentials

• Ohio State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Top Hospitals in Dover Foxcroft, ME