Ratings for Dr. Pushpa Narayanaswami

Dr. Narayanaswami is by far one of the worst doctors I have ever encountered - she is rude, condescending, seemingly unknowledgeable, and there's no follow-up. I had a severe bad reaction to multiple corticosteroid injections (confirmed by many other doctors) and saw this doc b/c I was concerned about possible nerve implications. Dr. Narayanaswami flatly dismissed the injections resulting in any bad reaction (nerve related or otherwise), stated that she regularly orders steroid injections for patients and has "never" heard of any adverse reaction to steroids. She stated that I have fibromyalgia - a ridiculous and it turns out, completely incorrect diagnosis - and told me to go to physical therapy. During my appointment, she repeatedly raised her voice and interrupted me. It was almost impossible to get a word in. It's extraordinary that this person is allowed to practice medicine at BIDMC, one of Boston's renown hospitals.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2013

I saw Dr.Naryanaswmai and am absolutely appalled that any person would call themselves "physician" and then have the audacity to treat their patient's with such disrespect. Her behavior was VERY erratic and abrupt. She was very discounting, disrepectful, and arrogant. I would NEVER recommend her to ANYONE and feel badly for any poor soul that has to find out, first hand, just how obnoxious she is.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2011

I've seen Dr. Narayanaswami twice, and both times I've left feeling like I just had a confrontation with my doctor. Though she is knowledgeable, her manner is somewhat aggressive and inflexible. If you have a very thick skin and don't mind a doctor raising her voice at you, Dr. Narayanaswami's approach may work for you. If, like me, you prefer someone who gives the impression they actually care about you and are sensitive to your health concerns, it would be best to look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2010