Dr. Eleni Tousimis

5 1 4.0

You may also like

Rate Dr. Eleni Tousimis

Dr. Eleni Tousimis's Ratings

In 2008, I picked Dr. Tousimis as my surgeon when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. What followed was a horrendous experience. Without my consent she admitted me as an Ambulatory Surgery Patient instead of an Admit Day Surgical Patient. Doctors do this to insure that they can schedule more patient surgeries without regard for the number of available in-hospital beds. I was told to come in at 6a.m and was not taken to the OR until 3:45 pm. By the time that the surgery was finished there were NO HOSPITALBEDS LEFT. I remained in the Recovery Room until 9 pm when it closed for the night and was
transfered to an open hallway type area and was placed on a metal gurney without a mattress. Because the area was in a High Traffic Area I was unable to sleep and unable to reposition myself on the gurney because of the pain caused my the uncovered metal of the gurney. After
a few hours I asked for a chair ant sat for 10 hours until the next morning when my husband picked me up. During the night my husband made multiple calls to Dr. Tousimis to no avail.
As a Registered Nurse I reported my experience to the NYS Department of Health which cited both the Hospital (Weil Cornell) and the doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2870423].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2015

Dr. Tousimis is an excellent breast surgeon and a wonderful person. She is genuine,concerned, and provides you with all the information and support that you could ask for. She conducted a lumpectomy on me over a year ago and I feel so fortunate to have her for a doctor. It was a difficult and confusing time with lots of decisions but I always felt that I could call on her or the staff at anytime for any questions. She did not make me stay overnight, she did not make me undergo general anesthesia and I was able to go home the same day of the surgery and recover in the comfort of my home. She spent considerable time with me on the initial consult, and the follow ups have been excellent. She has excellent experience with the latest technology and is up on all of the latest research. Her team has been awesome and I feel very safe in her care. I give Dr. Tousimis my highest recommendation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1869181].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2014

Dr TOUSIMIS is a great Doctor. She is extremely professional, caring and warm human being. Going through this process with her and her team is, indeed, a blessing. I highly recommend her. AETNA

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1869180].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2013

Dr. Tousimis is an extraordinary doctor. She is highly skilled and approaches each patient in a very caring way. She is the rare doctor in NYC that is a human being whose first care is patient well-being rather than financial considerations.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1869179].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2011

I was very pleased with Dr. Tousimis and her office staff. They were very helpful and considerate. I am very young to have had breast surgery and have no one to talk to and she made me feel very confident that things would be okay.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1869178].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 27, 2010

Recently had an initial meeting to discuss a questionable mammogram and schedule breast biopsy. Her nurse and her assistant were fantastic, couldn't be warmer or more helpful. Dr Tousismis spent a good deal of time with me, doing a thorough exam and completely explaining the upcoming procedure. My appoinatment was not rushed and I loved the fact that she spoke to me like an intelligent person..THAT is uncommon. I would highly recommend her to anyone and everyone. Great doctor!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1869177].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2010

Dr.Tousimis is a great great doctor.My God, she was amazing .She perfomed a excisional biopsy in my right breast.She was very gentle,kind and helpful with all of my questions .I srongly recommend her .Her office staff is great.Very proffesional.I can hardly see the scar. love you her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1869176].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 8, 2010

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1869182].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2009

I used Dr. Tousimis for breast cancer surgery. She is a skilled surgeon and a wonderful human being. I highly recommend her and would use her again (but I hope I don't have to!)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1869175].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2009

I found her to be friendly, thorough and reassuring.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1869174].votes_count ]]