Ratings for Dr. Munish Lal

When I first saw Dr. Lal I was in excruciating pain. I wasn't on pain meds like many patients, so I was in pain with no relief and had been for the seven years prior. Dr. Lal changed that for me three years ago. He is always very caring and professional in every way.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

As Dr Lal's patient for last 5 years, and as an attorney at law, and not to mention, a 41 year old good looking lady, I have to say I have never felt uncomfortable with him or him being in any way unprofessional. Since I have been his patient not only has he managened to get me of alll those narcotics without painful withdrawals, he also did a good job in taking care of my pain. I really appreciate his professional attitude and honesty that I believe that I can do better and be active without all those meds. My life physically and mentally has been changed and I feel for the first time I have found a Doctor that truly cares about my well being, thank you Dr Lal. Now as a attorney, I am stunned and surprised with all these false accusations and lies made against him on this site. Yes he did get a DUI and he got punished for it by the court of law and he is monitered by his medical board, which is what happens when professionals get in trouble. My board is strict the same way. If these people did read the board order there were accusations made, peoples' "accusations" which were found unfounded and were dropped. Funny when I read this long post it seemed to be written by a man rather than a woman and in my professional opinion he sounds like a previous colleague who has too much of professional information regarding Dr Lal and he has taken this realm to slander him. A free advice to that ghost writer, Dr Lal has full rights for legal action against slander. Unfortunately there is no one in charge in cyberspace and disgruntled colleagues jealous of his success or patients not getting what they want can spew all the hate and misinformation against anyone. Remember people we all will fall. It's how we get up again that matters. I also question that if this "women" is claiming that during an exam her "breast" were fondled to her husband who is a "sheriff ", wouldn't he know her rights and immediately go after such a " Doctor"? Under Dr Lal's amazing care I have got my life back and I have managed to drop 20 lbs over last two years. My two sisters and my mother in law are also his patients. I have heard nothing but good things from my family. I also have one of my colleagues who also happens to be female who speaks very highly of Dr Lal's professional attitude and good bedside manners. In the end, I must say we need more physician's like Dr Lal. I have seen so much damage done by all these "so callled" pain meds. I was one of the victims of those feel good pain meds. I really thank my stars and feel very blessed that I got in Dr Lal's medical care who managed to give me my life back. We need more physicians with his mind set to fight this scourge of this opioid madnesss. Dr Lal was one of the very few physician whom I met that really believes that pain meds are the not the answer in the long run and does well explaining that. Kudos Dr Lal, keep up the good work. My family and I stand with you. I will telll them also to come to this forum and share their experience with you. God bless you and hang in there!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

Holy cow!!! I checked the Medical Board of California;s website and Dr. Lal was suspended and now serving 7 years probatino where he needs a chaperon to see female patients. I always knew something was off about this weirdo. I don't understand why anyone left good comments about this guy because I felt he was creepy. Thanks whoever you are for exlaining why some patients left good comments. It's true, they seem to be from elderly patients with degenerative conditions or ages 50 and over. I could see how Lal can charm them while he showed his creepies to young females like me. That is how they get away with it for so long. I was abused when I was young and I couldn't report him. It would be my word against his. Who would people believe? I think he should be locked up. Not just probation by medical board. I bet he's done it to many other females, patients and not patients, many times before. He picks on the females who have been abused in their past, so they're weak like me. I won't have the courage to report. To go through and relive it all again. I rather leave it all behind in my past. I'm glad someone finally had the courage to do it for the rest of us without courage.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

I am a female in my early 30s, reasonably attractive, and happily married to a police officer. I got the jeepies from DrLal, as he fondled my breasts to examine my back pain. My husband looked into him with a thorough background check, and discovered why some patients like and defend him, despite all the negative ratings. He suspects the positive ratings are made by the more older population and or men. My husband found out Dr Lal is a predator who hunts young attractive females, under the disguise of a physician and is sometimes able to charm patients who are not his target group. It's a matter of public record - check the California Medical Board website and search his name and you will find he was recently suspended and now on 7 years probation for preying on his young attractive female patients. My husband explains these sort of predators do not stop by themselves and do not rehabilitate. He's simply been lucky and skilled just enough to avoid criminal incarceration. My husband calls it sociopathic charm where he feigns innocence or remorse when caught so the medical board merely put him on probation instead of completely revoking his license to protect future patients. My husband encourages all past victims to speak up and report to the appropriate authorities, whether the police for sezual assault or the Medical Board, depending on the specific act he committed on you. My husband explains emotional instability affects the perpetrators personal and professional life. The DUI driving his Ferrari a few years ago is just the tip of the iceberg. It's not a single incident, but he likely used his physician status to talk himself out of many speeding tickets and DUI arrests by acting apologetic to the CHP or police officers. My husband tracked that assumption back to over a decade ago when Dr Lal was involved in a similar traffic incident in the state of Texas where he did his fellowship or resident training at the Anderson Cancer Center. However, the state of Texas is notorious for not sharing vital info with other state authorities. A fellow female colleague made a complaint alleging Dr Lal of sezual assault but Dr Lal charmed and convinced his direct supervisor and director of his training program, both males, to let him complete his fellowship and graduate. The unethical director even provided a letter of recommendation so Dr Lal could get licensed and to trick potential employers. My husband explain to me that perpetrators like him is insecure, and therefore acts arrogantly toward people who he feels are beneath him, while turning on the charms to fool all the rest. These types of offenders are likely to choose solo private practice in order to perpetuate their heinous crimes under secrecy and have their patients disrobe for procedures in their private surgical outpatient center to avoid oversight by ethical authorities. Dr. Lal selectively picks on victims who are psychologically weak, emotionally immature and or with history of being a victim of child abuse, so they are unlikely to ever report. That is how Dr Lal remains a free man and continues to practice medicine. More victims need to step forward or the authorities' hands are tied to do anymore to protect the civilians within their jurisdiction. The law prohibits further punishment without sufficient evidence that can be provided only by the victims if they should ever decide to finally step forward and file a formal complaint. My husband suggests victims consider filing civil suits if the date of the crime has exceeded beyond the stature of limitation since Dr Lal is a repeat offender with a long history of predation. You have the power to finally stop him, contact the Medical Board and demand a more intensive investigation including the acquisition of his records from the state of Texas, or you can continue to practice denial and defend and support Dr Lal, continue to see him as your physician and help pay for his home, Ferraries, and other luxury items and act as an enabler to assist him to continue committing his lurid acts.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

He lies tells u he will help he said let's stop all the meds that work a little and take this craps that don't even work 10 percent he said if it don't work well get something better well now he said if u want something better u need to leave what a DICK he tells me u look better I don't want to look better I won't the dUCKING PAIN TO BE BETTER at least 50 percent would be BETTER than what he has left me with now it's time to find a doctor who is more willing to TRY other thing's to help this guy is a joke and a drunk God I hope u feel what I do pain God I'm sorry to say this but carma is a b itch lol

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015

I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Lal. Not only has he treated my pain issues in a caring and compassionate way but he helped me get off narcotic medications in a seamlessly smooth manner. I knew a man that saw him and went from a wheelchair to a walker, then to a cane and finally to being able to walk again. I figured if the doctor could do that for him, he certainly could help my degenerative and arthritic spine. Thanks to Dr. Lal I've gotten a huge portion of my life back, and his staff have been top-notch. Not much wait time. Excellent service. Great nurse! Totally awesome Doctor!!!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

I did not have decent & helpful treatment from Dr Lal or his PA. Never had I been asked about my condition, xrays or other diagnostic tool were not utiluzed. I had nobinsurance, yet beside the $110.00 office fee, I was charged $ 100.00 to pee in a cup for a drug test every visit which ALWAYS came back negative. Plus over $700.00 from a lab to test my urine for every drug imagineable. His skill as a md in not noticeable. Other than pain meds, no other treatment was offered. I'd had 2 ptevioys surgeries, broke my tailbone completely off

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND... no actually I would have to INSIST that if you have chronic pain or an injury you make Dr. Lal your FIRST appointment. I am 50 years old and have degenerative disc and joint disease. For 15 years I have suffered from neck pain, and for the past 5 years the pain radiated down my arms to my hands/thumbs. For 5 years I searched for a doctor to help me diagnose/fix the problem. I was referred to different doctors who half-heartedly conducted tests and sent me elsewhere- this cost significant- while my condition worsened. After leaving my first appointment with Dr. Lal, I was amazed at his enthusiasm to help me. He scheduled appropriate tests to confirm his diagnosis and I was referred to UCSF Spine Center. I was then scheduled for surgery. Dr. Lal did in a couple visits what the other doctors failed to do in 5 years!!! He continues to follow my condition, will listen, and then immediately gets to the problem when one arises. It is my impression that Dr. Lal has a wonderful sense of humor, is very caring of his patients, and nothing makes him happier than to give people their life back. So... if you are "getting the run around", quit running from doctor to doctor wasting your time, efforts and money- make your appointment with Dr. Lal- I INSIST!!!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

I am surprised and stunned the way people have characterized a physician who does the right thing and and sticks to his principles. I have been his for three years and I was on high doses of narcotics started by so called pain physicians who basically have no training in Pain Management. Today I can proudly say with help,of this good physician who really well trained in his field that I am off all those narcotics. As a father of two kids before I met Dr Lal I have no memory of attending there football games. Now that I am narcotic free with much better pain control. I feel have my life back. Thank you Dr Lal and my two beautiful daughters thank you for having their Daddy back. Lord reading all these post these drug addicts and drug seekers saying all these comments about him makes me laugh. Ur problem is not pain ur Addicts on very very powerful medication u morons and he was helping u to make your life better. Really Butcher?!!! This is god send for people like me who was mistreated and misdiagnosed my so butz guy who just gives more mess to get procedures out of u to make money. Wake up people of chico you have a good physician trying to do right thing. If u need ur fix for your drugs well go that fake buts guy. But if you real caring professional who does the right thing then come to him. I am living proof of how he saved a life. Funny a web site like this actually gives a forum for all these addicts to malign a wonderful physician like him. Keep up the good work Dr Lal my prayers and best wishes are with u. I stand with u. Thank you.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2015

Dr Lal staff is excellent. I have waited maybe 10-minutes at most to be admitted for my procedures, read on about what I have to say about he and his staff helpfulness, I do not know his full background, but I am impressed with his knowledge. I know both of his parents are physicians. In short, N. California is very lucky to have Dr. Lal! I am 58. ...and glad of that so I can have him treat me for the yrs. to come to avoid surgery. I have degenerative disc disease of my back. His skill/precision of hitting the target area is just amazing (nerves just 3-mm, wide, a cyst that he was able to hit and fill with sterile water to explode it and relieve pressure on spine are just few examples. I have learned that he has patients traveling from out of State to get annual or bi-annual treatments and that he is a very caring physician, helping his patients transition from a Pain Rx dependency to a life free of that. With his care, I have been able to continue my lifestyle of physical activity of running, swimming laps, etc, and my passion, Taekwondo in which I still compete in tournaments. Thank you Dr. Lal for making Chico your place to practice!, Sincerely, Michael A. Panchesson, MA, RCE

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

Dr. Munish Lal's Credentials

• Jenner Medical College (Grad. 1990)