Ratings for Dr. Munish Lal

I am a female in my early 30s, reasonably attractive, and happily married to a police officer. I got the jeepies from DrLal, as he fondled my breasts to examine my back pain. My husband looked into him with a thorough background check, and discovered why some patients like and defend him, despite all the negative ratings. He suspects the positive ratings are made by the more older population and or men. My husband found out Dr Lal is a predator who hunts young attractive females, under the disguise of a physician and is sometimes able to charm patients who are not his target group. It's a matter of public record - check the California Medical Board website and search his name and you will find he was recently suspended and now on 7 years probation for preying on his young attractive female patients. My husband explains these sort of predators do not stop by themselves and do not rehabilitate. He's simply been lucky and skilled just enough to avoid criminal incarceration. My husband calls it sociopathic charm where he feigns innocence or remorse when caught so the medical board merely put him on probation instead of completely revoking his license to protect future patients. My husband encourages all past victims to speak up and report to the appropriate authorities, whether the police for sezual assault or the Medical Board, depending on the specific act he committed on you. My husband explains emotional instability affects the perpetrators personal and professional life. The DUI driving his Ferrari a few years ago is just the tip of the iceberg. It's not a single incident, but he likely used his physician status to talk himself out of many speeding tickets and DUI arrests by acting apologetic to the CHP or police officers. My husband tracked that assumption back to over a decade ago when Dr Lal was involved in a similar traffic incident in the state of Texas where he did his fellowship or resident training at the Anderson Cancer Center. However, the state of Texas is notorious for not sharing vital info with other state authorities. A fellow female colleague made a complaint alleging Dr Lal of sezual assault but Dr Lal charmed and convinced his direct supervisor and director of his training program, both males, to let him complete his fellowship and graduate. The unethical director even provided a letter of recommendation so Dr Lal could get licensed and to trick potential employers. My husband explain to me that perpetrators like him is insecure, and therefore acts arrogantly toward people who he feels are beneath him, while turning on the charms to fool all the rest. These types of offenders are likely to choose solo private practice in order to perpetuate their heinous crimes under secrecy and have their patients disrobe for procedures in their private surgical outpatient center to avoid oversight by ethical authorities. Dr. Lal selectively picks on victims who are psychologically weak, emotionally immature and or with history of being a victim of child abuse, so they are unlikely to ever report. That is how Dr Lal remains a free man and continues to practice medicine. More victims need to step forward or the authorities' hands are tied to do anymore to protect the civilians within their jurisdiction. The law prohibits further punishment without sufficient evidence that can be provided only by the victims if they should ever decide to finally step forward and file a formal complaint. My husband suggests victims consider filing civil suits if the date of the crime has exceeded beyond the stature of limitation since Dr Lal is a repeat offender with a long history of predation. You have the power to finally stop him, contact the Medical Board and demand a more intensive investigation including the acquisition of his records from the state of Texas, or you can continue to practice denial and defend and support Dr Lal, continue to see him as your physician and help pay for his home, Ferraries, and other luxury items and act as an enabler to assist him to continue committing his lurid acts.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

He lies tells u he will help he said let's stop all the meds that work a little and take this craps that don't even work 10 percent he said if it don't work well get something better well now he said if u want something better u need to leave what a DICK he tells me u look better I don't want to look better I won't the dUCKING PAIN TO BE BETTER at least 50 percent would be BETTER than what he has left me with now it's time to find a doctor who is more willing to TRY other thing's to help this guy is a joke and a drunk God I hope u feel what I do pain God I'm sorry to say this but carma is a b itch lol

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015

I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Lal. Not only has he treated my pain issues in a caring and compassionate way but he helped me get off narcotic medications in a seamlessly smooth manner. I knew a man that saw him and went from a wheelchair to a walker, then to a cane and finally to being able to walk again. I figured if the doctor could do that for him, he certainly could help my degenerative and arthritic spine. Thanks to Dr. Lal I've gotten a huge portion of my life back, and his staff have been top-notch. Not much wait time. Excellent service. Great nurse! Totally awesome Doctor!!!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

I did not have decent & helpful treatment from Dr Lal or his PA. Never had I been asked about my condition, xrays or other diagnostic tool were not utiluzed. I had nobinsurance, yet beside the $110.00 office fee, I was charged $ 100.00 to pee in a cup for a drug test every visit which ALWAYS came back negative. Plus over $700.00 from a lab to test my urine for every drug imagineable. His skill as a md in not noticeable. Other than pain meds, no other treatment was offered. I'd had 2 ptevioys surgeries, broke my tailbone completely off

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND... no actually I would have to INSIST that if you have chronic pain or an injury you make Dr. Lal your FIRST appointment. I am 50 years old and have degenerative disc and joint disease. For 15 years I have suffered from neck pain, and for the past 5 years the pain radiated down my arms to my hands/thumbs. For 5 years I searched for a doctor to help me diagnose/fix the problem. I was referred to different doctors who half-heartedly conducted tests and sent me elsewhere- this cost significant- while my condition worsened. After leaving my first appointment with Dr. Lal, I was amazed at his enthusiasm to help me. He scheduled appropriate tests to confirm his diagnosis and I was referred to UCSF Spine Center. I was then scheduled for surgery. Dr. Lal did in a couple visits what the other doctors failed to do in 5 years!!! He continues to follow my condition, will listen, and then immediately gets to the problem when one arises. It is my impression that Dr. Lal has a wonderful sense of humor, is very caring of his patients, and nothing makes him happier than to give people their life back. So... if you are "getting the run around", quit running from doctor to doctor wasting your time, efforts and money- make your appointment with Dr. Lal- I INSIST!!!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

I am surprised and stunned the way people have characterized a physician who does the right thing and and sticks to his principles. I have been his for three years and I was on high doses of narcotics started by so called pain physicians who basically have no training in Pain Management. Today I can proudly say with help,of this good physician who really well trained in his field that I am off all those narcotics. As a father of two kids before I met Dr Lal I have no memory of attending there football games. Now that I am narcotic free with much better pain control. I feel have my life back. Thank you Dr Lal and my two beautiful daughters thank you for having their Daddy back. Lord reading all these post these drug addicts and drug seekers saying all these comments about him makes me laugh. Ur problem is not pain ur Addicts on very very powerful medication u morons and he was helping u to make your life better. Really Butcher?!!! This is god send for people like me who was mistreated and misdiagnosed my so butz guy who just gives more mess to get procedures out of u to make money. Wake up people of chico you have a good physician trying to do right thing. If u need ur fix for your drugs well go that fake buts guy. But if you real caring professional who does the right thing then come to him. I am living proof of how he saved a life. Funny a web site like this actually gives a forum for all these addicts to malign a wonderful physician like him. Keep up the good work Dr Lal my prayers and best wishes are with u. I stand with u. Thank you.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2015

Dr Lal staff is excellent. I have waited maybe 10-minutes at most to be admitted for my procedures, read on about what I have to say about he and his staff helpfulness, I do not know his full background, but I am impressed with his knowledge. I know both of his parents are physicians. In short, N. California is very lucky to have Dr. Lal! I am 58. ...and glad of that so I can have him treat me for the yrs. to come to avoid surgery. I have degenerative disc disease of my back. His skill/precision of hitting the target area is just amazing (nerves just 3-mm, wide, a cyst that he was able to hit and fill with sterile water to explode it and relieve pressure on spine are just few examples. I have learned that he has patients traveling from out of State to get annual or bi-annual treatments and that he is a very caring physician, helping his patients transition from a Pain Rx dependency to a life free of that. With his care, I have been able to continue my lifestyle of physical activity of running, swimming laps, etc, and my passion, Taekwondo in which I still compete in tournaments. Thank you Dr. Lal for making Chico your place to practice!, Sincerely, Michael A. Panchesson, MA, RCE

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

Doesn't not care about his patients won't even give you a chance to talk. Just wants to get you in and out of the office for your money, wont ask you about your pain issues or believe.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

Dr. Lal is a butcher! He was handed an intact practice from Dr. Cullen and managed to drive it into the ground. When I would go in for an epidural he would tell me to sit on the table, he'd look at my arms for a vein, poke some medicine into it and tell me to lay down quickly then stick a needle in my back. There was no time for the anesthetic to take hold! He didn't give anything time. Once I was done he said get up and sit down and wait. After his despicable accident on highway 32 he took out his problems on his patients by reducing and cutting back all of their medicines. Fortunately my primary care physician knew me well enough to trust that I was not abusing anything and she backed up the meds for me until I found a new doctor. Dr. Butz came into town and he has been absolutely amazing. He's professional and treats everybody equally. His procedures are done at the Chico Surgery Center with an anesthesiologist and RN's. Dr Lal should be shut down never to touch another human body again. He disgusts me.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

I had neck surgery that left me in mod-severe pain, my surgeon referred me to Dr. Lal in 06. At first he was fine,put me on meds and did Injections as I need them. He had a private practice,all procedures were done in a Surgery Center with Anesthesia.Then he bought out Dr.Cullen for the Pain Clinic,started doing procedures at the clinic, without any Anesthesia,Epidurals were OK, but when I received Facet Joint Inj,it was very painful,I would scream in pain. As the years went by the pain started increasing, he increased my pain meds, the procedures became less effective,had MRI eventually,Lal said nothing was wrong! I read report-,it said there was degeneration in one area. In summer of 2013, pain was excruciating,Lal told me it was because I was taking too much pain meds and tried to wean me off,the pain became worse,he didn't care,He wouldn't increase my meds or do anything for my pain. I told him to refer me out--I had it with him!!! I now see Dr. Butz, My pain is gone! No Meds!!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2014

Dr. Munish Lal's Credentials

• Jenner Medical College (Grad. 1990)