Ratings for Dr. Munish Lal

He lies tells u he will help he said let's stop all the meds that work a little and take this craps that don't even work 10 percent he said if it don't work well get something better well now he said if u want something better u need to leave what a DICK he tells me u look better I don't want to look better I won't the dUCKING PAIN TO BE BETTER at least 50 percent would be BETTER than what he has left me with now it's time to find a doctor who is more willing to TRY other thing's to help this guy is a joke and a drunk God I hope u feel what I do pain God I'm sorry to say this but carma is a b itch lol

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015

I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Lal. Not only has he treated my pain issues in a caring and compassionate way but he helped me get off narcotic medications in a seamlessly smooth manner. I knew a man that saw him and went from a wheelchair to a walker, then to a cane and finally to being able to walk again. I figured if the doctor could do that for him, he certainly could help my degenerative and arthritic spine. Thanks to Dr. Lal I've gotten a huge portion of my life back, and his staff have been top-notch. Not much wait time. Excellent service. Great nurse! Totally awesome Doctor!!!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

I did not have decent & helpful treatment from Dr Lal or his PA. Never had I been asked about my condition, xrays or other diagnostic tool were not utiluzed. I had nobinsurance, yet beside the $110.00 office fee, I was charged $ 100.00 to pee in a cup for a drug test every visit which ALWAYS came back negative. Plus over $700.00 from a lab to test my urine for every drug imagineable. His skill as a md in not noticeable. Other than pain meds, no other treatment was offered. I'd had 2 ptevioys surgeries, broke my tailbone completely off

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND... no actually I would have to INSIST that if you have chronic pain or an injury you make Dr. Lal your FIRST appointment. I am 50 years old and have degenerative disc and joint disease. For 15 years I have suffered from neck pain, and for the past 5 years the pain radiated down my arms to my hands/thumbs. For 5 years I searched for a doctor to help me diagnose/fix the problem. I was referred to different doctors who half-heartedly conducted tests and sent me elsewhere- this cost significant- while my condition worsened. After leaving my first appointment with Dr. Lal, I was amazed at his enthusiasm to help me. He scheduled appropriate tests to confirm his diagnosis and I was referred to UCSF Spine Center. I was then scheduled for surgery. Dr. Lal did in a couple visits what the other doctors failed to do in 5 years!!! He continues to follow my condition, will listen, and then immediately gets to the problem when one arises. It is my impression that Dr. Lal has a wonderful sense of humor, is very caring of his patients, and nothing makes him happier than to give people their life back. So... if you are "getting the run around", quit running from doctor to doctor wasting your time, efforts and money- make your appointment with Dr. Lal- I INSIST!!!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2015

I am surprised and stunned the way people have characterized a physician who does the right thing and and sticks to his principles. I have been his for three years and I was on high doses of narcotics started by so called pain physicians who basically have no training in Pain Management. Today I can proudly say with help,of this good physician who really well trained in his field that I am off all those narcotics. As a father of two kids before I met Dr Lal I have no memory of attending there football games. Now that I am narcotic free with much better pain control. I feel have my life back. Thank you Dr Lal and my two beautiful daughters thank you for having their Daddy back. Lord reading all these post these drug addicts and drug seekers saying all these comments about him makes me laugh. Ur problem is not pain ur Addicts on very very powerful medication u morons and he was helping u to make your life better. Really Butcher?!!! This is god send for people like me who was mistreated and misdiagnosed my so butz guy who just gives more mess to get procedures out of u to make money. Wake up people of chico you have a good physician trying to do right thing. If u need ur fix for your drugs well go that fake buts guy. But if you real caring professional who does the right thing then come to him. I am living proof of how he saved a life. Funny a web site like this actually gives a forum for all these addicts to malign a wonderful physician like him. Keep up the good work Dr Lal my prayers and best wishes are with u. I stand with u. Thank you.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2015

Dr Lal staff is excellent. I have waited maybe 10-minutes at most to be admitted for my procedures, read on about what I have to say about he and his staff helpfulness, I do not know his full background, but I am impressed with his knowledge. I know both of his parents are physicians. In short, N. California is very lucky to have Dr. Lal! I am 58. ...and glad of that so I can have him treat me for the yrs. to come to avoid surgery. I have degenerative disc disease of my back. His skill/precision of hitting the target area is just amazing (nerves just 3-mm, wide, a cyst that he was able to hit and fill with sterile water to explode it and relieve pressure on spine are just few examples. I have learned that he has patients traveling from out of State to get annual or bi-annual treatments and that he is a very caring physician, helping his patients transition from a Pain Rx dependency to a life free of that. With his care, I have been able to continue my lifestyle of physical activity of running, swimming laps, etc, and my passion, Taekwondo in which I still compete in tournaments. Thank you Dr. Lal for making Chico your place to practice!, Sincerely, Michael A. Panchesson, MA, RCE

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

Doesn't not care about his patients won't even give you a chance to talk. Just wants to get you in and out of the office for your money, wont ask you about your pain issues or believe.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

Dr. Lal is a butcher! He was handed an intact practice from Dr. Cullen and managed to drive it into the ground. When I would go in for an epidural he would tell me to sit on the table, he'd look at my arms for a vein, poke some medicine into it and tell me to lay down quickly then stick a needle in my back. There was no time for the anesthetic to take hold! He didn't give anything time. Once I was done he said get up and sit down and wait. After his despicable accident on highway 32 he took out his problems on his patients by reducing and cutting back all of their medicines. Fortunately my primary care physician knew me well enough to trust that I was not abusing anything and she backed up the meds for me until I found a new doctor. Dr. Butz came into town and he has been absolutely amazing. He's professional and treats everybody equally. His procedures are done at the Chico Surgery Center with an anesthesiologist and RN's. Dr Lal should be shut down never to touch another human body again. He disgusts me.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

I had neck surgery that left me in mod-severe pain, my surgeon referred me to Dr. Lal in 06. At first he was fine,put me on meds and did Injections as I need them. He had a private practice,all procedures were done in a Surgery Center with Anesthesia.Then he bought out Dr.Cullen for the Pain Clinic,started doing procedures at the clinic, without any Anesthesia,Epidurals were OK, but when I received Facet Joint Inj,it was very painful,I would scream in pain. As the years went by the pain started increasing, he increased my pain meds, the procedures became less effective,had MRI eventually,Lal said nothing was wrong! I read report-,it said there was degeneration in one area. In summer of 2013, pain was excruciating,Lal told me it was because I was taking too much pain meds and tried to wean me off,the pain became worse,he didn't care,He wouldn't increase my meds or do anything for my pain. I told him to refer me out--I had it with him!!! I now see Dr. Butz, My pain is gone! No Meds!!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Lal for 5 years now. He has been very professional and compassionate. I have had 6 injections from him and always got relief from each injection. When I arrive the front staff is always friendly and know me by name. I hardly wait more than 10 minutes before I get taken back for my appointment. I have recommended Dr. Lal to many of my friends and will continue to do so. I agree if you are just looking for medication he is not one to go to, he likes to fix your pain not just medicate it.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2014

Dr. Munish Lal's Credentials

• Jenner Medical College (Grad. 1990)

Commercial Insurance Company
Medicaid / Medi-Cal
Multiplan
Simplifi

Updates

• A new 2-star rating has been posted. "He lies tells u he will help he said let's stop all the meds that work a little and take this craps that don't even work 10 percent he said if it don't ..."

December 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Lal. Not only has he treated my pain issues in a caring and compassionate way but he helped me get off narcotic medica..."

November 19, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I did not have decent & helpful treatment from Dr Lal or his PA. Never had I been asked about my condition, xrays or other diagnostic tool were not utiluzed. I ..."

October 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I HIGHLY RECOMMEND... no actually I would have to INSIST that if you have chronic pain or an injury you make Dr. Lal your FIRST appointment. I am 50 years old a..."

September 11, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I am surprised and stunned the way people have characterized a physician who does the right thing and and sticks to his principles. I have been his for three ye..."

August 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Lal staff is excellent. I have waited maybe 10-minutes at most to be admitted for my procedures, read on about what I have to say about he and his staff hel..."

August 17, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Doesn't not care about his patients won't even give you a chance to talk. Just wants to get you in and out of the office for your money, wont ask you about your..."

June 24, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "95926" to "95973". Address has been updated from "None" to "120 Independence Circle". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "15303422091".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Lal is a butcher! He was handed an intact practice from Dr. Cullen and managed to drive it into the ground. When I would go in for an epidural he would tell..."

March 19, 2015
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=43171'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.4

February 27, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=43171'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.3

February 18, 2014

February 9, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=43171'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.5

February 5, 2014