You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Florence Tam

Love Dr Tam. She was my doctor for both pregnancies and made sure everything went smooth. She was friendly and easy going. Always made sure I was comfortable. When I was induced, she personally stopped by the hospital several times to check on me including post delivery. Amazing Doctor!!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2015

Love love love her. She is fantastic! Not only is she very knowledgable, she has wonderful bedside manner. Always makes you feel safe and comfortable. I can't say it enough how thankful I was to have her.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

Excellent Doctor! Very knowledgable and Always make you feel at ease

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015

Was induced and she was the doctor on call. She was amazing I wish I had her from the start. So knowledgeable and you could really tell she cared about you and your baby.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2015

I saw Dr. Tam at first in 2004 when she looked after me and the birth of my daughter when I was 31. Things went perfectly fine. BUT move ahead 10 years, I thought I would see her again when I wanted to have a baby at 41. She first said 'You're no spring chicken, you know.' And I thought 'really, thanks a lot!' I asked her questions about progesterone levels and she thought they were fine, when they were actually too low to even support a baby. I asked her about ovulation kits, and had to argue with her about the fact that I ovulate on cycle day 12, NOT 14. She immediately said to me 'Do you want me to just refer you to the fertility clinic??' I said no, is that necessary? I'm just asking basic questions that you should know! I had no trouble conceiving, but did have 2 losses prior. She said it was just due to my age, which was absolutely untrue, the issue was actually my husband who was discovered to have antibodies. Luckily we did go the fertility clinic after all, and after one IUI treatment, low and behold we are now 13 weeks pregnant, after she said I couldn't conceive because of my age. She was dismissive and didn't want to answer my simple questions or seem to want to have a conversation with me at all. I do not recommend this doctor, unless you plan on having a pregnancy so smooth it requires no thinking on her part at all. Very disappointing.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

After multiple wrong diagnosis' and drs who wouldn't listen to me I was so relieved the sturgeon er staff referred me. I lovingly refer to her as my Christina yang. She cares about you and she makes sure you know it. But she's also honest, straight forward and to the point. The staff at her office are always busy so I rarely interact with anyone else. As with any Dr sometimes other appointments run late but even when they've squeezed me in for an emergency appointment and it's the end of the day Dr tam makes sure you don't feel rushed or neglected. Not only did she get to tell me it isn't cancer but she was able to provide alternative treatment and put off surgeries. Sure part of me wishes these monsters in me would go away but she's given me hope for a family in the future! And she remembers every part of every conversation we've had. Of all the drs I've been to she is hands down my favorite!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

Terrible terrible. Never see her for surgery. She never asked me how things were going after, the stitches are terrible and I still have an open wound 2 weeks later.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2015

Dr. Tam was my OB while I was pregnant with my daughter. She was extremely helpful and knowledgable with each appointment and was never much later than 10 minutes for my appointments. My water broke during my appointment with her when I was 39 weeks. She called the Sturgeon and told them I would be coming in later so they were to reserve me a room. She wasn't due to be on shift until 7 am the next morning but she stopped in that evening to check on me and even came in just before 1 am to deliver my daughter. I was so happy with her and have never had a more caring doctor. I will be going with her again once we are pregnant with number 2.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

Dr. Tam was the doctor working the day I went in and got induced and she actually did induced me. As I came back the same night in labour she was the doctor there who did a emergency c-section on me. Since things were very fast she was great at informing me of what's going on a reassuring me. After all said and done and came back the next day to make sure everything was good and wanted to make sure all of my questions were answered about that happened. Being in the hospital a couple of days I was able to see her the next day as well even though she was not my OB. Will be requesting her for a OB with my next child. I felt like I was in the right hands.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2015

Dr. Tam is the best doctor I have ever had. She was my OBGYN during my pregnancy and also delivered my baby boy. She is very knowledgeable, professional and skilled. She is interested in her patients, she listens and she remembers everything. And she has a great sense of humour. I was actually looking forward to my prenatal appointments. Her staff is super friendly as well. My birth was a bit more complicated than what I had hoped for. If it hadn’t been for Dr. Tam I would probably have ended up with an emergency C-Section. I was lucky to have her there for the delivery and her being there was very reassuring. She also stitched me up nicely. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

Dr. Florence Tam's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Love Dr Tam. She was my doctor for both pregnancies and made sure everything went smooth. She was friendly and easy going. Always made sure I was comfortable. ..."

December 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Love love love her. She is fantastic! Not only is she very knowledgable, she has wonderful bedside manner. Always makes you feel safe and comfortable. I can't s..."

November 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent Doctor! Very knowledgable and Always make you feel at ease "

October 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Was induced and she was the doctor on call. She was amazing I wish I had her from the start. So knowledgeable and you could really tell she cared about you and ..."

August 28, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Tam at first in 2004 when she looked after me and the birth of my daughter when I was 31. Things went perfectly fine. BUT move ahead 10 years, I thou..."

August 20, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "After multiple wrong diagnosis' and drs who wouldn't listen to me I was so relieved the sturgeon er staff referred me. I lovingly refer to her as my Christina y..."

July 14, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Terrible terrible. Never see her for surgery. She never asked me how things were going after, the stitches are terrible and I still have an open wound 2 weeks l..."

July 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Tam was my OB while I was pregnant with my daughter. She was extremely helpful and knowledgable with each appointment and was never much later than 10 minut..."

June 26, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Tam was the doctor working the day I went in and got induced and she actually did induced me. As I came back the same night in labour she was the doctor the..."

June 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Tam is the best doctor I have ever had. She was my OBGYN during my pregnancy and also delivered my baby boy. She is very knowledgeable, professional and ski..."

April 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "She is thorough, yet works quickly and efficiently. She is patient with all questions, and she always left me reassured rather than uneasy. I would recommend he..."

February 11, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Love Dr. Tam!! She is very knowledgeable, informative, gave me tons of options and let me decide on my own what procedure I would prefer. Procedure was quick an..."

January 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I love this woman! She is a champion for women's health and genuinely has the most caring and compassionate advice. I often feel genuine gratitude for her outst..."

January 26, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "After reading the other reviews I was surprised to see that she was given a good rating...I found her to be rude and dismissive. I was relieved when she went of..."

January 22, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I had an appt scheduled by their receptionist , she even wrote it down on a card showed up doors locked no call or notice to let us know 1) it's a snow day it 2..."

November 28, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Love Dr. Tam! She was the on-call doctor when I had to have an emergency c-section for my daughter. During a stressful situation, she helped me feel calmer and ..."

November 10, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had Dr. Tam for my first pregnancy and she was wonderful! Made me feel at ease from the first time I met her. I had a wonderful labour experience and great po..."

October 16, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "LOVED Dr.Tam! She never rushed an appointment (even when she was running behind due to a delivery) and always answered our questions. She never treated us as ju..."

September 25, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a great experience with Dr. Tam. I had a previous PPROM and she was very thorough and knowledgable and greatly reduced my fears of it happening again. Sh..."

September 3, 2014