You may also like

Rate Dr. Florence Tam

Dr. Florence Tam's Ratings

Was induced and she was the doctor on call. She was amazing I wish I had her from the start. So knowledgeable and you could really tell she cared about you and your baby.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2908414].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2015

I saw Dr. Tam at first in 2004 when she looked after me and the birth of my daughter when I was 31. Things went perfectly fine. BUT move ahead 10 years, I thought I would see her again when I wanted to have a baby at 41. She first said 'You're no spring chicken, you know.' And I thought 'really, thanks a lot!' I asked her questions about progesterone levels and she thought they were fine, when they were actually too low to even support a baby. I asked her about ovulation kits, and had to argue with her about the fact that I ovulate on cycle day 12, NOT 14. She immediately said to me 'Do you want me to just refer you to the fertility clinic??' I said no, is that necessary? I'm just asking basic questions that you should know! I had no trouble conceiving, but did have 2 losses prior. She said it was just due to my age, which was absolutely untrue, the issue was actually my husband who was discovered to have antibodies. Luckily we did go the fertility clinic after all, and after one IUI treatment, low and behold we are now 13 weeks pregnant, after she said I couldn't conceive because of my age. She was dismissive and didn't want to answer my simple questions or seem to want to have a conversation with me at all. I do not recommend this doctor, unless you plan on having a pregnancy so smooth it requires no thinking on her part at all. Very disappointing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2901139].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2015

After multiple wrong diagnosis' and drs who wouldn't listen to me I was so relieved the sturgeon er staff referred me. I lovingly refer to her as my Christina yang. She cares about you and she makes sure you know it. But she's also honest, straight forward and to the point. The staff at her office are always busy so I rarely interact with anyone else. As with any Dr sometimes other appointments run late but even when they've squeezed me in for an emergency appointment and it's the end of the day Dr tam makes sure you don't feel rushed or neglected. Not only did she get to tell me it isn't cancer but she was able to provide alternative treatment and put off surgeries. Sure part of me wishes these monsters in me would go away but she's given me hope for a family in the future! And she remembers every part of every conversation we've had. Of all the drs I've been to she is hands down my favorite!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2865187].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

Terrible terrible. Never see her for surgery. She never asked me how things were going after, the stitches are terrible and I still have an open wound 2 weeks later.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2855648].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 3, 2015

Dr. Tam was my OB while I was pregnant with my daughter. She was extremely helpful and knowledgable with each appointment and was never much later than 10 minutes for my appointments. My water broke during my appointment with her when I was 39 weeks. She called the Sturgeon and told them I would be coming in later so they were to reserve me a room. She wasn't due to be on shift until 7 am the next morning but she stopped in that evening to check on me and even came in just before 1 am to deliver my daughter. I was so happy with her and have never had a more caring doctor. I will be going with her again once we are pregnant with number 2.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2849616].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

Dr. Tam was the doctor working the day I went in and got induced and she actually did induced me. As I came back the same night in labour she was the doctor there who did a emergency c-section on me. Since things were very fast she was great at informing me of what's going on a reassuring me. After all said and done and came back the next day to make sure everything was good and wanted to make sure all of my questions were answered about that happened. Being in the hospital a couple of days I was able to see her the next day as well even though she was not my OB. Will be requesting her for a OB with my next child. I felt like I was in the right hands.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2829894].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 6, 2015

Dr. Tam is the best doctor I have ever had. She was my OBGYN during my pregnancy and also delivered my baby boy. She is very knowledgeable, professional and skilled. She is interested in her patients, she listens and she remembers everything. And she has a great sense of humour. I was actually looking forward to my prenatal appointments. Her staff is super friendly as well. My birth was a bit more complicated than what I had hoped for. If it hadn’t been for Dr. Tam I would probably have ended up with an emergency C-Section. I was lucky to have her there for the delivery and her being there was very reassuring. She also stitched me up nicely. I highly recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2775673].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

She is thorough, yet works quickly and efficiently. She is patient with all questions, and she always left me reassured rather than uneasy. I would recommend her to anyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2717953].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2015

Love Dr. Tam!! She is very knowledgeable, informative, gave me tons of options and let me decide on my own what procedure I would prefer. Procedure was quick and painless and should have been a week recovery time, I was back to normal the next day! She is genuinely concerned with patients, takes time with you and is like you are hanging with an old friend, she is so kind. I find with OB/GYN you usually get a good doctor OR good bedside manners...Dr. Tam has both, I am grateful that I was referred to her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2699281].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2015

I love this woman! She is a champion for women's health and genuinely has the most caring and compassionate advice. I often feel genuine gratitude for her outstanding work ethic and honesty.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2697836].votes_count ]]