You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Florence Tam

Dr. Tam was my delivering doctor, not my original OB. She was blunt and to the point.. just the type of doctor I need and am used to as my family doctor is also this way. She told me how my sons head was bruising became wouldn't relax and that she recommended getting the epidural if i couldnt calm down. After many minutes of deliberation she reassured me that I would be okay after the epidural. I never had issues with stitching, hemorrhages or my tears. I'd go back to her for baby #2.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

Very frustrated with my experjence. She was the Ob on call the day I delivered my daughter in winter 2015. HER bedside manner was dismissive and she gave me the impression I was.somehow inconveniencing her. She kept saying "you're pushing wrong" and "did you go to the prenatal classes?" Found this to be so hurtful (this was my first baby and yes went to the classes!) Also to note I gave birth at the Sturgeon. I waited.over 2 hours from the point of asking for basic pain medication (laughing gas to just kill the edge) as there was mot a Ob available to OK it. Also waited 2.5 hrs from the point of requesting the epidural because the anaesthesiologist was busy. By that point the epidural was ineffective and had to be readministered. Had remnants of the placenta remain post delivery (she did not mention the placenta was not removed in its entirety). This led me to hemmorage twice about a month after and have to get a D&C completed after landed in emergency department 3 times. Quite the traumatic experience and am honestly surprised and the positive reviews she has received.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016

Love Dr Tam. She was my doctor for both pregnancies and made sure everything went smooth. She was friendly and easy going. Always made sure I was comfortable. When I was induced, she personally stopped by the hospital several times to check on me including post delivery. Amazing Doctor!!

flag | Submitted December 28, 2015

Love love love her. She is fantastic! Not only is she very knowledgable, she has wonderful bedside manner. Always makes you feel safe and comfortable. I can't say it enough how thankful I was to have her.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

Excellent Doctor! Very knowledgable and Always make you feel at ease

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015

Was induced and she was the doctor on call. She was amazing I wish I had her from the start. So knowledgeable and you could really tell she cared about you and your baby.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2015

I saw Dr. Tam at first in 2004 when she looked after me and the birth of my daughter when I was 31. Things went perfectly fine. BUT move ahead 10 years, I thought I would see her again when I wanted to have a baby at 41. She first said 'You're no spring chicken, you know.' And I thought 'really, thanks a lot!' I asked her questions about progesterone levels and she thought they were fine, when they were actually too low to even support a baby. I asked her about ovulation kits, and had to argue with her about the fact that I ovulate on cycle day 12, NOT 14. She immediately said to me 'Do you want me to just refer you to the fertility clinic??' I said no, is that necessary? I'm just asking basic questions that you should know! I had no trouble conceiving, but did have 2 losses prior. She said it was just due to my age, which was absolutely untrue, the issue was actually my husband who was discovered to have antibodies. Luckily we did go the fertility clinic after all, and after one IUI treatment, low and behold we are now 13 weeks pregnant, after she said I couldn't conceive because of my age. She was dismissive and didn't want to answer my simple questions or seem to want to have a conversation with me at all. I do not recommend this doctor, unless you plan on having a pregnancy so smooth it requires no thinking on her part at all. Very disappointing.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

After multiple wrong diagnosis' and drs who wouldn't listen to me I was so relieved the sturgeon er staff referred me. I lovingly refer to her as my Christina yang. She cares about you and she makes sure you know it. But she's also honest, straight forward and to the point. The staff at her office are always busy so I rarely interact with anyone else. As with any Dr sometimes other appointments run late but even when they've squeezed me in for an emergency appointment and it's the end of the day Dr tam makes sure you don't feel rushed or neglected. Not only did she get to tell me it isn't cancer but she was able to provide alternative treatment and put off surgeries. Sure part of me wishes these monsters in me would go away but she's given me hope for a family in the future! And she remembers every part of every conversation we've had. Of all the drs I've been to she is hands down my favorite!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

Terrible terrible. Never see her for surgery. She never asked me how things were going after, the stitches are terrible and I still have an open wound 2 weeks later.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2015

Dr. Florence Tam's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Tam was my delivering doctor, not my original OB. She was blunt and to the point.. just the type of doctor I need and am used to as my family doctor is also..."

March 16, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "LOVE Dr. Tam. She is absolutely amazing. Made me feel very comfortable and at ease Easy going and took into consideration any of my concerns. "

February 17, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Very frustrated with my experjence. She was the Ob on call the day I delivered my daughter in winter 2015. HER bedside manner was dismissive and she gave me th..."

February 16, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Love Dr Tam. She was my doctor for both pregnancies and made sure everything went smooth. She was friendly and easy going. Always made sure I was comfortable. ..."

December 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Love love love her. She is fantastic! Not only is she very knowledgable, she has wonderful bedside manner. Always makes you feel safe and comfortable. I can't s..."

November 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent Doctor! Very knowledgable and Always make you feel at ease "

October 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Was induced and she was the doctor on call. She was amazing I wish I had her from the start. So knowledgeable and you could really tell she cared about you and ..."

August 28, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Tam at first in 2004 when she looked after me and the birth of my daughter when I was 31. Things went perfectly fine. BUT move ahead 10 years, I thou..."

August 20, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "After multiple wrong diagnosis' and drs who wouldn't listen to me I was so relieved the sturgeon er staff referred me. I lovingly refer to her as my Christina y..."

July 14, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Terrible terrible. Never see her for surgery. She never asked me how things were going after, the stitches are terrible and I still have an open wound 2 weeks l..."

July 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Tam was my OB while I was pregnant with my daughter. She was extremely helpful and knowledgable with each appointment and was never much later than 10 minut..."

June 26, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Tam was the doctor working the day I went in and got induced and she actually did induced me. As I came back the same night in labour she was the doctor the..."

June 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Tam is the best doctor I have ever had. She was my OBGYN during my pregnancy and also delivered my baby boy. She is very knowledgeable, professional and ski..."

April 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "She is thorough, yet works quickly and efficiently. She is patient with all questions, and she always left me reassured rather than uneasy. I would recommend he..."

February 11, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Love Dr. Tam!! She is very knowledgeable, informative, gave me tons of options and let me decide on my own what procedure I would prefer. Procedure was quick an..."

January 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I love this woman! She is a champion for women's health and genuinely has the most caring and compassionate advice. I often feel genuine gratitude for her outst..."

January 26, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "After reading the other reviews I was surprised to see that she was given a good rating...I found her to be rude and dismissive. I was relieved when she went of..."

January 22, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I had an appt scheduled by their receptionist , she even wrote it down on a card showed up doors locked no call or notice to let us know 1) it's a snow day it 2..."

November 28, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Love Dr. Tam! She was the on-call doctor when I had to have an emergency c-section for my daughter. During a stressful situation, she helped me feel calmer and ..."

November 10, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had Dr. Tam for my first pregnancy and she was wonderful! Made me feel at ease from the first time I met her. I had a wonderful labour experience and great po..."

October 16, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "LOVED Dr.Tam! She never rushed an appointment (even when she was running behind due to a delivery) and always answered our questions. She never treated us as ju..."

September 25, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a great experience with Dr. Tam. I had a previous PPROM and she was very thorough and knowledgable and greatly reduced my fears of it happening again. Sh..."

September 3, 2014