Ratings for Dr. James E. Carpenter

I had a rotator cuff repair and subacromial decompression several years ago. I was not click with the PA, who was the person I had the most contact with, but he was entirely professional. I found Dr. Carpenter quiet, but responsive to direct questions.... but most of all, he recommended the right thing, and accomplished it well. Large medical establishments are like factories. Quit expecting your deepest fears and hopes to be dealt with and be content with good technical work and great pain control. I did particularly hate the huge room with many beds and people in it where follow up appointments took place. As a female, I do not expect to be asked to remove my shirt in public. I asked for a private exam room and was accommodated without fuss.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

An extremely rude and arrogant doctor. His ego is huge and will not admit when a problem is beyond his capability. I personally will never visit this doctor or his practice again.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2009

Education was fair to poor. The appointments were very limited with time and you typically were placed in a large room with a number of other people. So, it was very cumbersome to ask questions and you were limited the information you could obtain because of time limitations. His skill was excellent, however, my education will have to come from my primary care doc because of the limited information I was able to learn. The doctor was nice but the appointments seemed rushed.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2008

Dr. James E. Carpenter's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1984)