Ratings for Dr. David Rootman

Terrible customer service. Nurses don't care at the hospital and least helpful.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2018

Dr. Rootman is a very good surgeon. He performed laser eye surgery on me two weeks ago, and I now have 20/20 vision. It was an in and out process with no complications. Glad I had him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2017

Dr. Rootman performed a DALK corneal transplant on my eye for Keratoconus. He was able to perform the surgery flawlessly. This is normally a difficult surgery and requires much skill on the part of the surgeon. Dr. Rootman is an elite doctor in his area of expertise and I’m extremely grateful to him.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

I lasik at TLC done on both eyes two days ago and I cannot being to explain how amazing it is. I have worn contacts for as long as I can remember with both eyes being close to - 6. Two months ago I got an ulcer in my left eye for over wearing them and thats when I decided I NEED to get laser asap. I went in and all staff there is AMAZING. Everything runs so smooth and on time. The staff is so knowledgable and confidant when I asked any questions. My surgeon was Dr. Rootman and I highly recommend him to anyone looking for lasik although im sure all of them are great there. The actual procedure took a total of about 10 minutes, maybe less. It was quick and Dr. Rootman was just fantastic. As soon as it was over he checked my eyes, said all looked good and instantly could see, what a feeling. I went for my post op check yesterday and they said my vision is now 20/20! Anyone who has been debating getting this done DO IT! It really is life changing. Thanks so much Dr. Rootman and team at TLC!!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2016

I've had an amazing experience dealing with Dr. Rootman and his staff. His fellows leave much to be desired, but I always get to see Dr. Rootman on my visits. His staff is lovely and get back to me quickly whenever I have questions. He is always able to answer my questions and takes time out of his busy schedule to do jobs that fellows would normally do, when his patient is weary of seeing others.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Rootman's for 12+ years with the understanding that I would one day need a cornea transplant in one of my eyes. This happened in 2015 and I could not have been in better hands. Dr. Rootman is the best of the best and I am very grateful that he was my surgeon.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2015

Had a terrible eye injury at work. Dr. Root man improved by sight, eliminated the double vision and reduced the headaches drastically. He is absolutely the rock star of the eye world. It has been nearly five years since the surgery I have had zero complications.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2015

I liked Dr. Rootman very much and would recommend him but not his clinic because you see him for 2 minutes & the rest of the time deal with others. The desk staff were indifferent. The optometrists were very nice but saw 3 different optometrists during the course of my treatment and they gave different advice! The fellows are terribly rude and ignorant. I couldn't see well and had dry eyes after PRK and one fellow told me it was "all in my head". Another fellow made me feel like it was my fault!They minimized the success rates (diff. stats from diff. doctors at the same clinic!), recovery time (much longer than they said!) and the risks of dry eyes - I ended up needing punctal plugs, restasis, and now a yr later still have dry eyes and need glasses. They will give me a free touch up but after months of recovery, lots of $ on restasis eye drops, and plugs, missed work, waking up with dry eyes, and rude fellows I don't want to go through that ever again!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2014

DR.Rootman saved my sight I am so grateful. The Dr. before had no idea what was wrong with me and wasn't even going to help me he was just going to let me go blind in my 20's. My sister told me to call back and make a fuss. Thank god I did and her referred me to Dr. Rootman. Now I have the best sight ever. I was so scared. I know some people complain on here but you should be grateful. He puts in long hours training new grads and going around to other countries to train other dr.'s in the world so we can have a better quality of life. He dedicates his whole life to improving people with rare vision problems like me to have the best chance on having a great life. Be thankful. to him and to the families and those who have given you there cornea's for a second chance at life. Thank you. Dr. Rootman and those who dedicate there lives to make others better.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2014

Been seeing him since I was an infant and had a double corneal transplant at Sick Kids. Now see him every few years at Toronto Western and he's the best of the best for corneas. My vision is as close to normal as someone with my condition can have 20+ years later and my family and I owe so much to him.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2013