You may also like

Ratings for Dr. David Rootman

I've had an amazing experience dealing with Dr. Rootman and his staff. His fellows leave much to be desired, but I always get to see Dr. Rootman on my visits. His staff is lovely and get back to me quickly whenever I have questions. He is always able to answer my questions and takes time out of his busy schedule to do jobs that fellows would normally do, when his patient is weary of seeing others.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Rootman's for 12+ years with the understanding that I would one day need a cornea transplant in one of my eyes. This happened in 2015 and I could not have been in better hands. Dr. Rootman is the best of the best and I am very grateful that he was my surgeon.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2015

Had a terrible eye injury at work. Dr. Root man improved by sight, eliminated the double vision and reduced the headaches drastically. He is absolutely the rock star of the eye world. It has been nearly five years since the surgery I have had zero complications.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2015

I liked Dr. Rootman very much and would recommend him but not his clinic because you see him for 2 minutes & the rest of the time deal with others. The desk staff were indifferent. The optometrists were very nice but saw 3 different optometrists during the course of my treatment and they gave different advice! The fellows are terribly rude and ignorant. I couldn't see well and had dry eyes after PRK and one fellow told me it was "all in my head". Another fellow made me feel like it was my fault!They minimized the success rates (diff. stats from diff. doctors at the same clinic!), recovery time (much longer than they said!) and the risks of dry eyes - I ended up needing punctal plugs, restasis, and now a yr later still have dry eyes and need glasses. They will give me a free touch up but after months of recovery, lots of $ on restasis eye drops, and plugs, missed work, waking up with dry eyes, and rude fellows I don't want to go through that ever again!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2014

DR.Rootman saved my sight I am so grateful. The Dr. before had no idea what was wrong with me and wasn't even going to help me he was just going to let me go blind in my 20's. My sister told me to call back and make a fuss. Thank god I did and her referred me to Dr. Rootman. Now I have the best sight ever. I was so scared. I know some people complain on here but you should be grateful. He puts in long hours training new grads and going around to other countries to train other dr.'s in the world so we can have a better quality of life. He dedicates his whole life to improving people with rare vision problems like me to have the best chance on having a great life. Be thankful. to him and to the families and those who have given you there cornea's for a second chance at life. Thank you. Dr. Rootman and those who dedicate there lives to make others better.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2014

Been seeing him since I was an infant and had a double corneal transplant at Sick Kids. Now see him every few years at Toronto Western and he's the best of the best for corneas. My vision is as close to normal as someone with my condition can have 20+ years later and my family and I owe so much to him.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2013

I had ICL surgery with Dr. Rootman in July of 2013 and he and his staff are first class all the way. The consultation was extremely thorough and there were no pressure at all. He and the staff at YELC explained everything so that I can make the best decision for my eyes. Dr. Rootman is very reassuring and patient. The evening after the surgery, he called me at home to make sure that I was ok. Susan, their office manager was extremely understanding, compassionate, and accommodating. I will highly recommend Dr. Rootman and YELC.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2013

Horrendous experience for mid-20s female patient with Keratoconus. Corneal cross-linking FAILED and she never saw the surgeon (Rootman) again, only "associates." No continuity of care, complete waste of time and money. Now on an urgent corneal transplant list. This is a revolving door money making setup. Strongly recommend going elsewhere if you're seeking humanity over money.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2013

Been his patient since I was at Sick Kids (Many Years! lol). GREAT Dr! A little scatter-brained at times but only cuz he's so busy. Always takes the time to answer my questions and I can always count on him to figure out what others can't. I have reasonable eyesight instead of none cuz of what only he could accomplish. I feel a lot of the complaints on here are people who did not do the research you should as a responsible person before they went to the clinic, however there's no excuse for rudeness and unanswered questions, although I know that's not how Dr. R does things. Highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr.Rootman for the last 18 years. He is amazing at what he does and is very patient and answer all my questions. He is amazing.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2012

Dr. David Rootman's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've had an amazing experience dealing with Dr. Rootman and his staff. His fellows leave much to be desired, but I always get to see Dr. Rootman on my visits. ..."

November 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Rootman's for 12+ years with the understanding that I would one day need a cornea transplant in one of my eyes. This happened in 2..."

October 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Had a terrible eye injury at work. Dr. Root man improved by sight, eliminated the double vision and reduced the headaches drastically. He is absolutely the rock..."

July 18, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://www.yongeeglintonlaser.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "M3H6" to "M4P 2E5". Address has been updated from "None" to "2345 Yonge Street #212, Toronto". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "14167332020".

June 3, 2015