Ratings for Dr. Judy Chow

Dr. Chow is an excellent doctor, but more importantly a genuinely good person. She is always willing to take time out of her day (even personal time) to listen. She treats her patients like family and it is clear that she is passionate about her work.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2018

Dr. Chow is an excellent doctor, but more importantly a very caring person. Her punctuality may not be exactly terrific, but as her patient, I acknowledge that when I am being seen by her there isn't a rush and I've probably taken up more than 'my share' many times... leaving others waiting. Dr. Chow is knowledgeable and always takes the time to listen to me/my symptoms when I see her. I really don't understand the negative reviews - I've always felt heard and respected.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

She is so mean, every time we saw her she just mention about how my husband passed away and how sad , i made us cry, expecially my kids,. she said my daughter has depression and needs the pills, after my daughter ate the pills she was sl tired , slept over 24 hours. After she saw the specialist, the specialist said my daughyer is good, dont undertand why Judy refer her and she dont needs the pill at all, I feel so unbelivedabe, now we change a family doctor and is all good !

flag | Submitted March 31, 2018

She not exactly punctual but that is because she take time with her patients when they need it. She has been my doctor for 30 years and she is amazing.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

I like Dr. Chow...I really do. But I have to find a new doctor. Every physical problem that I have had (and they have been few but significant) over the past 30 years....has been attributed by her to stress. The solution of tranquilizers that she offers never fixes the problem. For the most part, I really have had to push to get seen by appropriate specialists. Once I was, the very real physical problems were identified and solved. But I'm tired of being challenged on every health issue and told that it's all in my head. It is also almost impossible to get an appointment with her. If you know you are going to be sick, book ahead....a month ahead or more. If you can't plan your upcoming health problem, you may as well find a doctor at a walk-in clinic, any walk-in clinic. You could call her office at 9 a.m. on any day and try to schedule an appointment, but you will be put on hold for a long time, then advised there are no appointments for that day (regardless of the seriousness of your problem). Silly me - I thought that doctors were supposed to help people who are sick, not those who plan to be!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

Dr. Chow is a hardworking GP who stays up to date with medicine. My children and i are patients and have for 19, 13 and 30 years respectively. She had been an excellent diagnostician and never rushs us. She is an active listener and she will try to find solutions or she will refer you to a specialist. The reason you often have to wait is because she takes the time she needs with each patient. She is a compassionate and no nonsense physician and she will tell when you need to buck up and be accountable for weight issues etc. when appropriate. I have seen her evolve as a doctor over the past 30 years and she uses all her experience to be a consistently better more informed professional. She walks the talk and is a role model for patients. If you insist on seeing a specialist she will refer you. I can't think of a better docter in Ottawa and I will be happy for her when she takes her well deserved retirement but I have no illusions that I will find a better new physician.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

I dropped "Dr" Judy Chow and gave her a piece of my mind before I did. She USED to be a fantastic doctor who listened to you and followed through with appropriate treatment. However, sometime down the line something changed and all the comments about her being unwilling to investigate and treat appropriately, and that she's condescending are very accurate. Thanks to Judy Chow not giving me proper testing, I'm going to suffer for the rest of my life in chronic pain due to the subsequent condition that developed. I might even weigh some legal options. I told her all this right to her face, and she seemed hurt but admired my honesty. So happy I switched! My current is beyond amazing! He cares about his patients, take note, Judy.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

Neither my son's autism nor celiac diseaes would have been diagnosed had I not pushed. I have no doubt that she is qualified and knowledgable. However, if something does not fit in the "typical" way that her mantal checklist works it is very quickly dismissed. Follow your instincts and never be afraid to insist. My son would be a different guy today id he were diagnosed as a child rather than a teen. She knows nothing about autism spectrum disorder. Get a referral to a pediatrician or other specialist if you have any serious concerns about your children or yourself. I wholeheartedly agree with comments here that she can be condescending. Oh no don't dare question the almighty all-knowing Dr. Chow! Don't be a fraid to push. It's your life, your health. Hopefully she will retire soon and we all inherit someone better.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

Sarah has been with Dr.Chow for 15 years+. After telling Dr. Chow her health condition and concerns, Dr. Chow jumps to assumptions of what Sarah's health problem may likely to be based on her many years of experience. And those conclusion the doctor made are underestimated. A stomach pain makes Dr. Chow jump to simplistic assumptions such as a harmless muscle pain or just mild constipation. Even knowing Sarah had a past health history more severe stomach that required surgery before did not cross this blind doctor's mind. Dr. Chow did not have the patience to really listen and understand Sarah's concerns. This left Sarah feeling stupid to see her. When Sarah, feeling her body tell her its something more serious, voiced her own concerns to Dr.Chow and ask for further investigation, the doctor brushed her concerns away and telling Sarah to trust The System(The Health Care System). The doctor was reluctant to investigate further. What kind of doctor would ask their patient to trust The System instead of what her body is trying to tell her. Dr. Chow sure seems to be a huge fan of the Big Brother

flag | Submitted January 24, 2016

Dr. Judy Chow Is judge mental and extremely judgement the first few times I thought she was having a bad day but every time I see her now as of late she's extremely rude and moody. She put me down scolded me for my whole appointment. I went in their for a physical issue and she turned it into a opportunity on how my life is where it should be and how her life is so much better with her husband I was completely shocked I went into the appointment in a good mood and left in tears it was a horrible experience and I will be looking for a new GP. The last person you want to feel bullied by is your doctor and that's how I felt. Also she likes to undermine you and make you feel like it's all in your head with your symptoms which is very condescending and not trusting of your patients. Thank you for what you've done for me Judy I. These short years by you have to remember we are human and need to be treated with care.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015