Ratings for Dr. Eric Hurowitz

Dr Hurowitz is an amazing dr, super friendly and doesn't rush you. He makes you feel comfortable and that your problem is truly important to him. He genuinely cares. His staff are also very friendly and caring.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

Rude and extremely insensitive. Seems aloof and uncaring about patients well being.

Submitted November 11, 2015

An outstanding Doctor and excellent staff. I certainly don't love getting a colonoscopy but once you get to a certain age you pretty much have to. They make it a good experience. As to Dr. Hurowitz himself, they don't come better, in any way. Highest possible recommendation from me.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

Very kind and compassionate doctor. I would recommend him highly. Worth the drive to Scarborough if you do not live in the area.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

Dr Hurowitz really is a kind, compassionate doctor. I have had 3 colonoscopies performed by him over the last 10 years and he is very gentle with the scope and very thorough. When my son came home from university a few years ago with acute abdominal distress he saw him very quickly, scoped him and put him at ease afterwards. He definitely goes out of his way for his patients.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Dr. Hurowitz is a wonderful doctor. If only more doctors were like him – so caring and compassionate. The wait time for a first appointment is 2-3 months, but its worth the wait. Within a few minutes of being in his office he had me laughing and feeling at ease. His secretary was very friendly and helpful despite being very busy with patients and phone calls. A very pleasant office!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

Fantastic doctor. Kind, caring and patient. His office staff is wonderful as well. Always on time and follow up is great.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

Staff took 13 months to contact me for a follow up test. They claimed to have left "3 messages" at my home number. Somehow, when they asked my family doctor's office to follow up, they were able to contact me immediately at the number that they claimed to have called. I hope that her ineptitude hasn't cost me my life.

Submitted October 16, 2014

Bless Dr. Hurowitz. Wonderful, kind, caring doctor. I find he is very knowledgeable, eager to understand concerns from his patient's perspective and open-minded. I recently had a flexible sigmoidoscopy done and Dr. Hurowitz made me feel comfortable and explained everything during the procedure. His assistant, Gloria, is also wonderful and goes above and beyond. Great team!

flag | Submitted November 23, 2013

My mother saw Dr. Hurowitz during an ER visit at Scarborough Grace and I have never seen such a compassionate and kind doctor. When my weak mother wanted to use the public washroom, it was dirty. Not only did he see her distress, but he CLEANED it for her! Also, when the xray results came in, he took time to explain the results to us in lay-terms and actually recommended treatment options to help with her symptoms. During my mom's cancer, we saw MANY doctors and Dr. Hurowitz is someone who stands out amongst them all. THANK YOU!

flag | Submitted September 10, 2012