Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Carl

My mother has been seeing Dr. Carl for the last few years. She has severe orthopedic problems & lives with very severe chronic pain. Dr. Carl is the only pain management doctor that has not been afraid to help her. He is not afraid tp prescribe appropriate levels of narcotics for her pain. Let me be clear-he is not easy. If you're just looking for someone to hand out drugs, Dr. Carl is not for you. However, if he can tell that you have true, documented chronic pain, he is not afraid to help, unlike some of these other so called pain management specialists who are afraid of their shadows.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2012

Dr. Carl himself is very nice once you actually see him. But his staff is incompetent. They sent me to have an MRI done and they did it one the wrong part of my back. They are rude when you ask them any questions. I was supposed to have a steroid injection so they told me they would schedule it and get back to me. Three weeks later I called them to ask about it. I didn't receive a call back for two weeks, after my followup appointment was supposed to take place. I had to wait for an hour in the waiting room, another hour in the actual room, and then they came and talked to me for 2 minutes, to tell me they did the wrong mri and they are scheduling the steroid shot. They could have just called but they wanted the money from the visit. I'm going to get a second opinion somewhere else and won't be returning to see dr. carl.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2008

Dr. Michael J. Carl's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

AHC