Ratings for Dr. Kim McMillan

Been my family doctor for ages and I have always been exceptionally cared for. She is the only doctor I know who calls patients with results personally and still makes house calls as necessary. My daughters have had counselling sessions with her and never felt as though they were being over-prescribed as some GPs might do. Lastly, with so many patients in her practice I am always impressed that she remembers everyone's names, family histories and current issues. At my last visit she asked about how my daughters and grandchildren were doing, by name, and remembered that my husband mother was struggling with leg pain (not one of her patients). Please never retire!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2018

Been our family doctor for over 20 years. Very knowledgeable and responsive...can actually be reached on the phone when needed, She genuinely cares about and for her patients.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2018

Due to serious long-term health issues, I spend more time in doctors' offices than the average person. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. McMillan and her staff. They have been so supportive, professional, knowledgeable, and caring. This is not a retail store nor McDonald's fast food for people to talk about 'customer service' in relation to a doctor's office. When you're really sick, you get in there and are treated in a timely manner. There has been no hesitation for a referral to a specialist when that has been necessary. If the phone line is busy - maybe it's because they have a lot of other patients due to the fact that this is a great doctor.

Submitted May 22, 2018

When the doctor doesn't know what is the cause of the patient's symptoms, why doesn't she refer him to a specialist, who knows more than the G.P. does? It is unfair and unethical to patient to guess at what the cause of the patient's problem is, and to hand out prescriptions that possibly make the symptoms worse. Time to retire?

flag | Submitted May 17, 2018

I am a patient for over 30 years...Dr. McMillian is a wonderful doctor - she gets delayed from time to time if you have a later apt. Calling the office is a process - I redial at least 15 times...until I finally get through. The receptionist on the other hand...wow I really do not know what to say, if you cannot smile at patients maybe it is long overdue for you to find a new job. she is the same one that is there for years...she comes off as rude, routine driven and hardly makes eye contact with anyone. NOT professional at all. I work in the customer service industry and If my workers were half as rude as she comes off. They would be fired! get some new upbeat faces,- someone who at least will pretend to care and not like I am bothering her. I read below that this is the reason why 1 person left Dr., McMillian's care ..I can see that! Hey Dr. McMillian - it might be time to change things up!

Submitted April 17, 2018

Caring, very knowledgeable and professional, she is always ready to discuss best options tailored to my particular needs or wishes. A great family doctor!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

Always been a great Doctor. I always have trouble calling in.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

Nobody wants too see your mother go threw serious pain . My mother went to go see dr McMillan 2 years ago with a serious wound / infected too say the least ! Size of a large orange on her ankle preventing the business owner / mom too operate her business in Ancaster . For the record everyone DR Macmillan is my mothers client and vice versa . Rather then send for appropriate tests , she gives her a cream ! That's all ? A cream for a year . In search of a real clinic and real doctor she Finally finds a clinic ! the wound clinic . The second they seen her leg, they responded how long has this been going on for ? And what has your doctor done for you ? Remember these are doctors aswell ! My mother replied 1 year . The clinic told my mom that first off she's extremly lucky and they don't understand how it has not turned to gang green ! Mentioning she could have lost her leg . Doctors exact words were . YOU SHOULD LOOK FOR ANOTHER DOCTOR . After 1 month of seing the new clinic . Her problem disappeared for good . Once dr Macmillan was informed by my mother that she went to someone else too fix this problem / rather then be happy she got upset .

flag | Submitted September 4, 2017

On many occasions I have questioned her practice and licence . Has no knowledge on prescription drugs and effects they have on people . Shes quick too prescribe me an addictive drug for over a year. Last visit I mentioned I want off lorazepam ! Her response too me was how about an anti sichotic drug . WTF What a wack job . I mentioned to her you should never come off of anything like that cold turkey! it is extremly bad for you . You can die from it . She told me it can't be that bad , plus these antisichotic drugs will help with withdrawal symptoms . Spoken by a true organized cult . Also had the nerve to tell me she don't think I can quit because I don't have the will power . Doctors should not say that period. Especially someone already in a state . Rude and ignorant . Both times I came too her TELLING her I want off ! She tries to prescribe me something harder knowing very well I own 2 business and about to purchase a third with a family . Life insurance has taken her 5 months to send in a letter after she was paid by the insurance company to do so . They now cancelled me and have to re register again. I have 4 family members that go too her with stories . We know another 12 people or so that see her that feel the same way . She is not a doctor . She's a prescription writer that's all . Shes unknoledgable and does not like anybody giving her any logical advice and any time you bring up something natural she's the first to jump on it and attack you taking it personally . Medical marijuana as an example .my opinion she should not have a licence and should be stripped of everything she has for malpractice

flag | Submitted September 3, 2017

Kim has been my doctor for nearly 20 years, I have absolutely no problems with her at all and find her very attentive and caring. Very professional. What I do have a problem with is how the people in the office are treated by the patients. I have witnessed on several occasions over the years the abuse that they put up with because of ignorant and demanding patients. I asked the doctor about office policy and was told that the Doctors create the rules and the staff follow their guidelines. I actually do not envy them their jobs and am amazed that they don't quit! After the last time I was there and actually saw someone yell at the receptionist because his prescription wasn't done (doctor's problem not hers) I felt so bad, amazingly she was able to continue on and smile at the next person. This is a great office and I hope Kim doesn't retire for a long time!!!

Submitted August 16, 2016