Ratings for Dr. Susan Somerville

I was with Dr. Somerville for around 20 years since I was a baby. I didn't want to change doctors because I had been with her for my entire life, but I got fed up with the incredibly rude office staff, the inability to make appointments without 6 months advance notice, and the fact that she kept mixing me up with my siblings and repeating their personal medical history to me. I also really did not like how she charges such a large "family annual fee" in order to get prescriptions refilled without an appointment - I know someone seeing the other doctor in the office (Zoudis) and even he says that the fee is an outrageous scam! If you just need a yearly physical that you will pre-book a year in advance, she is fine as a doctor. However, if you need anything above and beyond this, the office staff and policies makes it very difficult to get anything accomplished, and she often sends you around to multiple specialists without trying herself to find out the issues.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2018

Really not doing well and my appointment has been rescheduled twice. What’s the point of having an MD if you can never get in to see them

flag | Submitted January 22, 2018

She is always late for scheduled appointments. She has NEVER been less than 30 minutes late for my appointments. She overschedules people, so when she does get to see you she doesn't have time to get to the problem. Doesnt seem overly knowledgeable either

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

Dr. Somerville started treating me when I was 12 years of age (I won't say how long ago that was...) and I have always had excellent care with her. She always went out of her way to make me feel "heard", and left no lingering questions. I now have 2 children and have been "passed along" to her once Resident, now full-time G.P. Dr. Zoudis and am enjoying the same level of care and expertise. I have always found Debrah to be more than accomodating (getting last min. "emerg" appts for my kids - they're great at sharing germs, if nothing else..) and it seems like many people are not realizing that we all have our own mannerisms and personalities - part of what makes us all special. She may have a brusque tone, but she has always shown herself through her actions - helpful and caring.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2015

Dr Somerville and her staff go out of their way to make sure you are in optimum health and get the help you need

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

I am grateful to Dr. Sue because she literally saved my life by digging a little harder than any other physician normally would for a common condition that it turned out I did not have. I would not have known this if Dr. Sue had not explored all potential remedies & cures & ultimately referred me to the right specialist at a downtown hospital. i can never thank her enough. Similarly, my family is grateful for her counsel and for the special assistance of the always amenable Deborah in her office. I cannot understand the feedback Debora has had from other patients. She has always been our advocate and made sure that we had a straight line to Dr. Sue for anything we needed.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2014

good doctor but her secretary is exceedingly rude and self-important..

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

doctor is great but the secretary is to nosy and rude to everyone. she should never know anyones results of test. She has a big mouth. What ever happened to privacy. Dr. Sommerville should give the results on her own or ask the nurse not the secretary.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2013

My two daughters were delivered by Dr. Susan. She and her interns have provided satisfactory healthcare, help and guidance to my daughters for both of their lives, now almost 20 years. But, I simply had to do or say something about the receptionist/administrative assistant at Dr. Susan's office. I can't believe that she gets away with treating patients/clients with such unhelpful, disrespectful, derogatory and belligerent behavior. She provides the most consistently unpleasant welcome and off-putting service imaginable. These facts have been consistent for many years, and I finally just felt so mistreated after my daughter's last appointment that I just had to speak out. Dr. Susan, for those of us who value your medical care, why do you keep this person employed when she is knowingly mistreating your patients? It is a poor reflection on you and your interns!

flag | Submitted October 9, 2012

Dr. Somerville and her assistant, D, have provided my three children and myself with the utmost professional and courteous service. Both Dr. S always has time to listen to me and incorporate my views into our care. I'm surprised at the criticisms I've read about D. Unfortunately having a family doctor in Ontario is no longer a right but a privilege. Dr. Somerville could easily pack her waiting room to cash in but she chooses to limit the size of her practice in order to give her patients a higher standard of care. I've treated both the doctor and her assistant with courtesy and respect and it has been returned in kind. Dr S shows good knowledge as well as patience and kindness. She always seems to remember the details of my file when I see her. Dr. S also maintains an interest in another medical condition of mine which is outside of her purview and for which I see another doctor on a regular basis. I highly recommend Dr. Somerville's practice.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2010